It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyones Cat Freaking out? [update]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All my cats acting normal. My eldest is sleeping soundly right next to me. I'm in UK.

Are your cats neutered? Maybe they're horny??!
edit on 28-9-2011 by LunaStarr because: Edited due to the poor controls of the wii remote and the spelling mistakes it causes me.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hello this is Dr. Apollo44
let me provide the following diagnosis......it's a cat.........cure for this behavior? Aderol
totally kidding but seriously, pretty sure he's just being a cat.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have to say..... My at has been acting strange for a few weeks now. He's normally really aloof and just does his own thing but lately he's been wanting a LOT of attention. He's been extremely vcal as well, following me around when I get home from work "talking" to me. I've been thinking it's quite odd!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Yup, your cat sounds normal too.

I have 4. A huge black boy, and three generations of girls. Gran is pure white with odd coloured eyes and half deaf I think. Her daughter is a ginger and the grand-daughter is a whingeing moaning git, (multi-coloured). She's been like that since the day she was born. When she shuts up I'll know there's something wrong. They've all been neutered so no problems in that area.

edit on 28-9-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeguyman

No more odd than usual here in Oklahoma.

If it's an ongoing thing, I wouldn't think earthquakes or the like (could be wrong)...I thought they were only supposed to act up a pretty short time beforehand?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yes they have been odd. Clingy and needy for about three days now. The tom even sat on my chest this morning. He is pretty anti-people usually and prefers not to be handled. A bit of a thread jack here....my cats react everytime I perfom a voodoo ceremony and are skiddish until the requisite three days are passsed and the ceremony is concluded. I use them as a barometer of sorts for my divination practice...are the Loa here? Better check the cat and see...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

there have been many studies over the course of many years that do show that animals sense seismic activity. There's no real controversy about it. Scientific basis-- disturbance and aberration of magnetic field from seismic pressure. Humans usually don't notice because we're all usually too busy criticizing each other

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Sorry to hear about your cat.
That makes me sad! I lost my last cat in November of last year and got another cat in January 2011 because I missed having a cat around. Hang in there!

My cat is acting normal in Colorado but I always keep an eye on her just in case. Hope nothing bad happens on the West coast...I love Oregon! Keep us updated!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

fuk ur two smily faces!!! lol jk good point we all do, and most of dont even know ourselves because of all the entertainment we have at our calling

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveyLadybug

i love oregon too!

right now he is sitting in a chair accross from me staring at me, he watches me alot till he falls asleep

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Whilst i agree that cats and dogs do pick up on things very often, before we do, they are also very good at reading or reacting to how their owners are feeling. Perhaps this is more likely to be what is happening, i cant believe a cat would be on edge for a week, they are far more likely to react to a fight or flight stimulus that they picked up on as a threat in a very short time. The same as if a dog knows you are scared of it it will take advantage of the situation.

My cat and dogs are acting perfectly normal(well as normal as they always have) but then i try to be calm and relaxed all the time. Please do not think i am knocking you, it is not my intention , but please try being calm and controlled and see if there is any difference in behaviour. I think an awful lot of people think something is going too happen with all this doom mongering, so you are probably waiting unconciously for somthing to happen, that is what i think youre cat is picking up on.

Good luck anyway, and i hope all is ok, in a way i hope i am correct because there could be nothing more sinister that would happen to you then.

Regards

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveyLadybug

Thanks Lovelyladybug ,he was a good cat.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
During all the earthquakes we've had in Christchurch, my cats (3) and dogs (4) have reacted AFTER the event (barking, hiding), but never given any signs that I could discern before the event (they just lie there).

Over a year's worth of observations regarding this (and over 8000 quakes) tells me that , at least for my pets, this isn't a solid theory.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

my kittys are being normal not lifing a paw and over heating my lap.......with the occasional play and get up for a piece of food. I wish i were a cat.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

location?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dudeguyman, got a serious question for you.

Where would you place yourself in Oregon according to this map for Cascadia Tremor Activity?

Be interested to know to see if what you're reporting ties in with recent tremors in the region or not.

Mike

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There have been many documented cases and scientific studies of strange animal behavior prior to earthquakes. But its normaly a few moments before the quake hits, not weeks in advance.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

i see, but im wondering if this is because it is going to be just that big that my cat is sensing it a week in advance or more

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Maybe not weeks before, but can be hours or days before. Our member Westcoast, who lives in Washington (state, not DC), has several posts on ATS about the behaviour of her dogs and we could see links between their actions and following quakes in some cases.

But granted, there are plenty of documented instances of animals that react oddly very shortly before quakes strike. Depending on the animal, some sense the various waves from quakes (P and S waves mostly) as well as geomagnetic fluctuations, far better than most humans do.

Hence my interest in what the OP says.

Mike

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A ferral female and her four kittens are in residence at the bottom of my back garden. Normally they scatter the second anyone opens the back door. The most paranoid animals I have ever come across!.
One night last week, we were sitting in the kitchen chatting with friends when all five kitties went balistic trying to get in the kitchen window. These guys have a real monkey-phobia and don't like people so we were wondering "what the hell is wrong with them!?". This went on for quite some time and we theorised for a reason, earthquake?, tsunami?, ELEnin?. Our visitor drove home immediately to secure her belongings and initiate various disaster protocols.
Finaly we realised, the delph hadn't been cleaned after our dinner and the cats were trying to get at some chicken scraps by the sink!!
Kitties, one must understand, are motivated entirely by their stomachs, furthermore they have come to understand that monkeys often provide a reasonable source of titbits, specially chicken!!. Otherwise I'm sure they would have absolutely nothing to do with us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join