It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyones Cat Freaking out? [update]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My cat has been on edge for a week now, everyone knows that cats, dogs, etc etc know when an earthquake is about to hit... but mine has been freaking out for a week, so a major one is going to happen? idk anyone else, put your location down...

Im in Oregon

link to update post
edit on 10/20/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dudeguyman

nope got a lil ballsie this morning started slapping around my 90lb dog and he just stood there...she went and touched his blanket and it was on...and he made her run.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
welcome fellow oregonian..... my kitty was freaked last night she's sleeping now. i think its been a while since oregon has had a BIG quake.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeguyman
everyone knows that cats, dogs, etc etc know when an earthquake is about to hit.

Uh huh... whatever you say, mister... *slowly backs away*

And no, my cat has been acting normally.

link   

There's been quite afew small shakes near your state; don't panic, you're quite safe

link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

location?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

sarcasm?

link   

link   
Not everything is connect with disasters...

Maybe your cat only have a bad day

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No...my cats fine...im in the UK though

Cats are weird, well, mine is haha. They all have weird times...mines a nightmare to be honest but i love the lil ball of claws haha.

I would have thought if a quake were imminent all the other wildlife would be acting up to.
Have you considered that your cat may be unwell or in some sort of pain???? Maybe take it to the vets if its acting out of character

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Yes actually!

yesterday BOTH my cats were hiding in a corner and when approached would just keep backing up into the corner as much as they could as if they were scared, something didn't feel right

they are both 3 y/o i've had them since they were kittens and have never seen this behaviour from them, very loving and playful cats, no loud noises or anything else peculiar that day either that could have spooked them

also my dog has been freaking out over what seems to be "nothing" once in a while

im in Hamilton Ontario
edit on 28-9-2011 by kolder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
or put butter on its paw and see if its got a hairball....that would warrant unusual behavior.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

All clear here.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
LOL how do you guys know your cat is acting normal or strange? I have had three cats in my life, and they were, well, cats!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i hope we don't get a quake out here i wouldn't know the first thing to to ive never been in a quake. neither have my cats lol

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

well when you own a cat and see them change its kinda hard to miss

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My cat's just come down off the garage roof after a major miaowing tantrum. The whole family was out back trying to cajole her down. That's a first. But I think she's just taking the piss. She wants us for slaves and it's working.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Does baby hamsters count as disaster indicators? Coz mine looks pretty ok
. You never know with him though, he's evil little creature ;]

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Both cats much more frisky and twitchy than usual (and no- it isn't fleas) Eastern Massachusetts

We aren't really in an earthquake sensitive spot though. Maybe they're empaths for the cats in other places? Maybe they just sense the almost unbearable tension in the Zeitgeist right now?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

My cat is like that, be careful or yours will get worse.. mine is now so spoilt if it's raining outside and I respond to his usual 'I want to go out NOW' tantrum, he'll sit there when I open the door, looking expectantly at me to make it stop.
Yes, because I can control the weather to suit your needs can't I cat???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join