It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Colonel Gaddafi be controlling UARS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

More likely in my opinion. Interesting idea OP, just so very improbable I really wonder if you're joking.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Strange how there is no technology to manipulate a satellite upon re-entry , Gadaffi has been working on secret projects in conjunction with the Chinese /Russians, it has been speculated on for years.

If this thing blows up a reactor , then Gadaffi can become the new Bin Laden.
Which is what he is becoming anyway, but this will give him superhero satus in the Arab/iIslamist world.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mods............... Paleeeze send the sanity bots to sort this thread.
It's the only way.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by tpg65

Manners please?
Calling an open minded thinking ATS member an idiot for flagging this important thread is rude...is it not?
If ya don't agree with the fundamental premise of this thread that is your right, but just insulting someone for flagging a thread is what one would expect from a Man City fan not a Man Utd one.
Thanks

Erm... Who did I insult ?
How do you know it wasn't me who flagged it ?
Next time , keep your interfering nose out .

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Strange how there is no technology to manipulate a satellite upon re-entry

Well there is, it's built into the newer satellites.

Gadaffi has been working on secret projects in conjunction with the Chinese /Russians, it has been speculated on for years.

I would suggest that this would have been a huge waste of time for him and his cohorts. Controlling a falling satellite really isn't that great of a technology to posses (for murdery purposes anyway.) How many people could it possibly kill? Couple hundred tops? I suppose if it hit a chemical or nuclear plant but still HIGHLY unlikely.

Which is what he is becoming anyway, but this will give him superhero satus in the Arab/iIslamist world.

I would agree he'd be more popular with some folks if IF he could pull this off.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

Originally posted by rigel4
No He couldn't. In a list of things that are possible, this is at the bottom
of the list.

You know what this means OP? On a list of possible things THIS is at the bottom... which means time travelling dinosaurs COULD be controlling it!!!

FUDGE YES!!! Intergalactic Park

September 8th 2001...If someone posted that a small group of Islamists with little flying hours could bring down the twin towers by flying two passenger jets into the towers on seperate times , bypassing the security of the worlds mightiest nation.
I guess your reply would be equally skeptical?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Uh people did predict that would happen. A number of people in fact. There was an episode of the X-files (or a spin off) that had this as the plot.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

reply to post by tpg65

Manners please?
Calling an open minded thinking ATS member an idiot for flagging this important thread is rude...is it not?
If ya don't agree with the fundamental premise of this thread that is your right, but just insulting someone for flagging a thread is what one would expect from a Man City fan not a Man Utd one.
Thanks

Since Iam the OP and you are just trolling and being a nasty little human being, why don't you just keep your nose out of this thread?
Plenty of other equally good threads out there for you to insult people in.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This thread has gone hoplessly off topic and is therfore
full of WIN
LULZ

I'm going to bed.

Bye

EDIT: Pffft , Han shot first.

edit on 23-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Uh people did predict that would happen. A number of people in fact. There was an episode of the X-files (or a spin off) that had this as the plot.

There you go then.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How would hitting a nuclear reactor create a giant plutonium cloud? Plutonium is a man-made element only used in weapons of mass destruction.Or im pretty sure of that at least...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Manners please?
Thanks

Since Iam the OP and you are just trolling and being a nasty little human being, why don't you just keep your nose out of this thread?

Your thread has to be the most derailed and speculative thread I have ever read .

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Mental picture of an Arabic Slim Pickens.
In a spacesuit.
That's all I have.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by tpg65

Manners please?
Thanks

Your thread has to be the most derailed and speculative thread I have ever read .

Agreed. Only thing more derailed is an upside down TRAIN HA HA HA

edit on 23-9-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
C'mon guys.... OP, please forgive me here, but I want to throw a comment out.

There have been a number of people observing in threads they make to rant that the level of attack and viciousness has risen here lately. I hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I'll accept that as the price to say this.

This thread is one of the more aggressive if not rude I've recently seen in making an OP feel like an idiot. Now I took a moment, and thats ALL it took, to see that while the OP is wrong in my view, he isn't without basis for the question. Gadaffi is running like a Cheetah with it's tail on fire....but COULD the OP question be POSSIBLE?

U.S. Hosts Libyan Students for 2 annual Space Camp invitation. 2010.

One of Libya's Space Programs

and I don't reprint Wikileaks cables. Even a quote section. However, there is nothing particularly sensitive about it's ID tag, so Cable 10TRIPOLI133 also deals with Libya's very active interest in all things Space and very recent efforts.

These three items required 2 searches with a few search line parameters to filter out spam articles in 2011. Does the technology exist to dump a satellite? Why not? I'd be shocked if a method to simply push or..pull..a satellite into an uncontrolled and barely targeted descent hasn't existed a long time.

NASA couldn't use it, in my opinion, because life shows that breaking something is FAR easier than fixing it and while nudging something into failure may be easy enough for an agency with huge budgets and scientists to develop, I'll just bet doing the same in a precisely controlled way to fix an orbit is a whole different world of problems to solve.

One other thing, since I'm digging a hole for myself here anyway, I might as well hire the backhoe. It seems for many people, starting a new thread is simple on here. No biggy at all. At many other sites I'm on, I can relate. However, for some reason, the traffic and sheer exposure causes me to view ATS a bit differently. While I won't use the word intimidating, it's not easy either. If I'm the only particpating member who feels that way, I'll eat my hat. I personally star threads on work put into it, creative thinking, OR sheer guts to post something likely to be ridiculed or attacked. If it's guts, and not intoxication or just plain stupidity, it gets a star for the effort.

......For those who asked, I am one of the people who starred this thread.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor addition

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
IIRC the thing ran out of fuel years ago. Pretty clever of that Ghadaffi fellow.

2 pages, and nobody bothered to look?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Why so serious?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Mental picture of an Arabic Slim Pickens.
In a spacesuit.
That's all I have.

ROAR

LULZ

Wipes coffee from monitor

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

For anyone that had to Google that. Hangs head in shame.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join