It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Track it on a globe if you have one, comparing it to the 2D map and you'll see its not turning.

www.space.com...

Updated animated analysis of the break up of the the 6 ton, bus-sized UARS satellite. It likely will burn up at an altitude between 80-45 kilometers, with an estimated 26 pieces of debris re-entering our atmosphere for land fall or splash down.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
What if they are using this as an experiment???

A test to see how the public reacts when they are told something will hit Earth but there is nothing they can do about it.

edit on 22-9-2011 by Artlicious because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Artlicious

I don't think most of the public is even aware of it.
If it is an experiment to see how people on ATS react. Well, they don't really need an experiment for that.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Grid locked at:
LOCAL TIME: 13:57:45
UTC: 16:57:45
LATITUDE: -3.92
LONGITUDE: 10.98
ALTITUDE [km]: 180.78
ALTITUDE [mi]: 112.33
SPEED [km/s]: 7.59
SPEED [mi/s]: 4.72
AZIMUTH: 106.3 ESE
ELEVATION: -39
RA: 20h 22m 55s
DEC: -38° 17' 43''

link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL, we know how ATS reacts..

As far as the public knowing, I work with many people from all walks of life and it seems most people I talk to know about it, but that's just here in my neck of the woods.

link   
Earlier, I chose Secaucus, NJ. Now I think Orlando, FL- that is where the Republican debate will be held tonight.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

Ok seeing the 3d model it makes sense. The earth is also rotating so it may make it appear it is turning yet it just circling the earth.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
No whammies, no whammies, no whammies, no whammies.....STOP.......

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It will land in Canada. I know this for a fact. you will all look back and acknowledge this after it has crashed in Canada. I win!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Fox report

And my favorite quote from this link is this

If you do come across what you suspect is a satellite piece, NASA doesn't want you to pick it up. The space agency says there are no toxic chemicals present, but there could be sharp edges. Also, it's government property. It's against the law to keep it as a souvenir or sell it on eBay. NASA's advice is to report it to the police. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

I can't get unto any of the tracking links posted. I guess everyone wants to track it right now. My question is this, what are the chances of me getting to see this thing with the naked eye in TN as it comes down? Has NASA said yet if they know where it is going?

edit on 22-9-2011 by Doodle19815 because: giving credit where credit is due

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
UPDATE #8 - As of 7 a.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 115 mi by 120 mi (185 km by 195 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 36 hours.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Im guessing it will land somewhere in Europe. Probably Scandinavia or Russia but i would love to see it crash in the counsil of foreign relations or UN Headcourters.
David Rockefellers mansion would be okay for me to...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

My guess? 12 nautical miles off the coast of NY. That's what came to mind, anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Its going to hit in Texas. Got my Sony HD cam charged and ready just in case. Also prepared for the "3 days of darkness"...

Can't wait to see some hicks on the news picking up the peices with their bare hands. Get ready for the Zombie Apocalypse!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

We should predict odds of it hitting
WATER, LAND (populated and un populated) and HUMAN (including ones house or car).

And then place wagers.

Get paid in stars!

It shouldn't be all fun and games though because whatever happens with this ups the odds of it being a likely scenario if anything else in the future should happen to tumble out of orbit. No guarantees of course but you have to look at it for precedent if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
About 100kg of it will land in to water somewhere on planet Earth. The rest will burn up upon re-entry. What kind of odds am I getting? How about, it will land somewhere on Earth? I'll place a cup of coffee on it! Each way!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Libya?? I hope its close I’m in Malta, would love to see that spectacle. (At a distance mind you)

edit on 22/9/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cerdofuego
Im guessing it will land somewhere in Europe. Probably Scandinavia or Russia but i would love to see it crash in the counsil of foreign relations or UN Headcourters.
David Rockefellers mansion would be okay for me to...

Something prophetic and with impossible odds (but then nothing is impossible here) would be met with immeasurable delight and immense satisfaction.

Bring it on.

(he says as he looks upward and does not go outdoors without a hard hat :lol

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why cant they just shoot that pesky thing down?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Do they know how many pieces it could break into?
edit on 22-9-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join