It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UARS is now officially off track! T-minus impact on earth. Make a guess where it will land!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Let it land on the whitehouse

no the sattelite is totally welcome in my backyard.
maybe i'd invite him for a cup of tea.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My bet is it will it the Olympic site in London..........that would bugger up the sports day in London village next year

link   

Originally posted by Snorkelbacon
reply to post by Doodle19815

The way I see it finders keepers. Sharp edges? are they serious? For that statement alone i'de touch the whole damn thing, have a picnic on the sucker maybe grill a brat on the thing, take pictures and post all over the internet of me pissing on the thing. Ok I wouldn't piss on it but i'de definitely have a picnic on it and take pictures of that. It's the Governments property, ya last time I checked I am the governmenI help pay for it, and if your piece of junk crashes on my property i'm going to touch it and demand compensation.

So There!

I predict it will fall on that head bull goose of Iran, then he can have one more thing to blame the United States for. Maybe he is on his way home right now. At least I can hope it does.

I want you to know that I now have a case of the giggles---- after reading your post!!!!

link   
My guess is Tennessee or Texas. Then an awesome video of the founder of the crater will have a harsh southern accent, I love those people hahaha

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Been looking at UARs orbit, and its looking or Ecliptic than a gradual descent straight to Earth. the 'descent' stage of the Ecliptical orbit (roughly once every 90 minutes) seems to be over The region coming out of the Eastern Pacific, with the satellite picking height back up again over the Western side.
I would bet the estimates of it coming down mid-Asia, Europe or Middle East are the most likely given its orbital inclination. That's not to say however it'll hit a populated area as we all know places like Siberia, Mongolia, Himalayan region are vastly sparse of any populated areas. If it came down on land here there'd be no guarantee we would even see anything of the Satellite again anyway, just due to the remoteness of these regions.

However i'd still advise people to check out heavens-above, setup a profile and from there you can key in your location to know what time & direction UARs will be overhead.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think it will land in the ocean i just hope theres vid of it falling and making a rough landing

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetaryDuality

My guess will be Texas instead of TN....and then they will find the most inbred looking S.O.B. with bubba teeth and the I.Q. of a pretzel....to interview! (making all of us Texans look bad)

It's a conspiracy.......It's a conspiracy!
edit on 22-9-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: forgot something

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For all you folks longing for something strange to happen, here is your opportunity to have a real
Donnie Darko experience!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok thanks for posting about the tracking software it really appear that wont be near the usa. I just fin this interesting I hope no one is hurt.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

I agree with you odds are it will hit water.

As far as a guess as to where it will land I don't think you could have been more vague...but an amusing answer nonetheless.

I vote Pacific Ocean in between Indonesia and Hawaii.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm guess that it will find it's final resting place in Davy Jones Locker. Hopefully it won't hit Fukushima. The Japanese have had enough trouble this year.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The moon, cause the moon people will help

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So, I'm kinda confused here. When is it actually going to impact Earth? Is it the 27th, or is it going to be today/tomorrow? Really confused

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Upyerheart
So, I'm kinda confused here. When is it actually going to impact Earth? Is it the 27th, or is it going to be today/tomorrow? Really confused

Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time.
source

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My guess is somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

But i'm really hoping it lands on the Rothschilds family home.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Are they still saying they wont know the location up until 2 hours before it makes re-entry?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I have a feeling, its going to either going to break up and hit some Redneck thats making crystal meth, Or just as bad a politician. Joking, No my bet is the southern United States, preferably my house, while im not there, so insurance can buy me a New one LOL,

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I still find it baffling that we can predict major astronomical events and the dispersion of past sats and space debris but can't manage to narrow this thing down to a single area greater than North America. So I guess it is time to throw my hat in...

Denver is too obvious so I will say Centralia, Pennsylvania (maybe that is why they are finally clearing that place out).

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Its not working for me now either. Typical.
Lets hope none of us get injured! (im sure we will be fine)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join