It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Secretary: We Must ‘Create Appropriate Transition’ for What Americans Eat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Let them eat cake - ummm, no says the US government

(CNSNews.com) - U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told members of the National Restaurant Association on Monday that Americans need to “adjust” their tastes so that they like the kind of food the government believes they should eat—and “we have to make sure that what we do is create the appropriate transition.”

“You know, as we deal with this issue of reducing sodium and sugar, it sounds simple to do, but you all know better than I do, it’s not as simple as it sounds,” said Vilsack.

“It’s going to take time for people’s taste to adjust and they will adjust over time, but it will take some time,” he said. “So, we have to make sure that what we do is create the appropriate transition.

Read more at:

cnsnews.com...

Home of the free? Seems like those freedoms are lessened day by day. Yes, many of the foods available these days are not very good for you (but for some, can you afford anything else?)

Seems to me when talking does not work, one moves next to force.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So they're trying to control what I eat now ? If I want to drink lard out of the barrel let me, this is america. Qu'ils mangent de la brioche(Let them eat cake)

We're in Nazi America now, and we're stuck like this, welcome to hell.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So is that "appropriate transition" transitioning us to soylent green?
As usual the wealthy will be able to opt out - you know - of the life of the working class, I mean slaving class.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As long as people see the Golden Arches of McDonald's, they will believe everything is ok.

I started seeing the prices of food for my bakery going up last year and now some products have doubled and more.

But that good 'ol McD's burger crap is still bring them in.

Sadly, people are not seeing what is happening with our food and the control the Govt. is grabbing along with Monsanto. They just don't want to see or don't want to believe I guess.

When the Govt. controls all our food and we have to line up to be fed or not fed, will people look back and recognize the signs? When the only food is being handed out at FEMA camps, people will gladly take up residence.

Sorry to say but it's already too late to turn back the clock on where we are heading. The only thing people can do is buy those seeds now and learn more about how to preserve, grow etc. Either that or get in line.

edit on 20-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm actually glad to hear of something like this.

Junk food and fast food is actually more expensive in the long run than health food - and health food isn't even that expensive. I can buy a months worth of groceries from Trader Joes and Fresh and Easy for around 100 bucks, so there's no need to bring in "people can't afford to live healthy"

And you do have the freedom to eat whatever, until your obesity becomes my problem. When I get on the bus - many times I've had to change my seat or actually GET OFF because there's too many fat people on and they can't all fit. Where's the money come from for all their diabetic medication, or gastric bypass surgeries? When your weight starts to impede on my life you shouldn't have a choice in what you eat as you are killing yourself and becoming my problem.

/mini-rant

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
NEWS FLASH

The US government already controls what you eat. Everything in an American diet has high fructose corn syrup. This is the reason America is so obese. It is as if they are fattening us up for the final harvest...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, according to how our government is going to vote in the UN security council...I'm surprised the recommendations aren't all Kosher.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Oh BOY! Let's take away Your freedom to choose what You put into Your body! WooHoo!

I mean... WTF?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica

Junk food and fast food is actually more expensive in the long run than health food - and health food isn't even that expensive. I can buy a months worth of groceries from Trader Joes and Fresh and Easy for around 100 bucks, so there's no need to bring in "people can't afford to live healthy"

And you do have the freedom to eat whatever, until your obesity becomes my problem. When I get on the bus - many times I've had to change my seat or actually GET OFF because there's too many fat people on and they can't all fit. Where's the money come from for all their diabetic medication, or gastric bypass surgeries? When your weight starts to impede on my life you shouldn't have a choice in what you eat as you are killing yourself and becoming my problem.

/mini-rant

Now if, instead, the Gov't outlawed HFCS (100% of experimental animals consuming it developed obesity, and most developed disbetes www.princeton.edu... ), MSG, nitrates and nitrites, and...............

That I could support. NOT telling Me I cannot eat these things. Just make them VERY hard to get - instead of forcing My diet directly.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they did in the not so distant future.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Let me guess,
Monsanto is the chairman of this board.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Its not about food and has never been about food. It is about control and conditioning. The more we are exposed to the government making our decisions for us, the easier we are to control.

We as Americans are used to having Freedom and as such we are very hard to control. We are being conditioned as part of a long term plan to slowly remove our Freedom and passively allow the government to take over our life decisions.

It is so simple a child could understand it.

Food is just a single aspect. It is also important for them to keep us divided and the more divided the better. Racism for instance is not only promoted by government, they are upset because its disappearing and they have relied on it for so long to use to control behavior. The last thing on earth they want is for Racism to go away. Notice how hard Obama and company have worked to stir it up where it does not exist.

Then there is the old standby, Class Warfare. Should be self explanatory. The poor and illiterate are the easiest of all to fool and control. They allow themselves to be controlled in fact. Anyone who thinks Obama wants unemployment to go down please don't vote as you simply don't get it. They are attempting to destroy the job creators. You are easy to control when you are living on handouts from the government. Why do you think they want to do away with charitable deductions? They don't control them is why. They give a way to get help without selling your soul to the government.

My favorite of late is the false idea they are pulling out of Iraq. They are replacing the Soldiers with far more expensive private contractors and the MSM is not bothering to tell you. The cost in Iraq will go up not down. Then to drive another nail into our coffin, Obama is now claiming part of his cost cutting will come from the money saved by bringing the Troops home.

He hides the fact it is going to cost more while assuming most are too illiterate to know any better. He is right about many, even people here don't follow news or check out facts as is obvious in the posts that propagate lies for Obama. Some of you work for Obama and you don't even know it. He says it, you spread it, but it's still manure. He knows good little groupies will do whatever they are told without bothering to know if they are lying or not.

Don't forget to spread your hate for today if you're in on it:
Fat vs Thin
Smokers vs Non-Smokers
Democrats vs Republicans
Rich vs Poor
Vegans vs Meat Eaters
Illegals vs Legals
Union vs Non-Union
and...............................................................................

Do not under any circumstances wise up and join together. The government does not approve of that.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica

/mini-rant

I hope you don't mind if I use your post to demonstrate. You have your part down cold.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Its not about food and has never been about food. It is about control and conditioning. The more we are exposed to the government making our decisions for us, the easier we are to control.

We as Americans are used to having Freedom and as such we are very hard to control. We are being conditioned as part of a long term plan to slowly remove our Freedom and passively allow the government to take over our life decisions.

It is so simple a child could understand it.

Food is just a single aspect. It is also important for them to keep us divided and the more divided the better. Racism for instance is not only promoted by government, they are upset because its disappearing and they have relied on it for so long to use to control behavior. The last thing on earth they want is for Racism to go away. Notice how hard Obama and company have worked to stir it up where it does not exist.

Then there is the old standby, Class Warfare. Should be self explanatory. The poor and illiterate are the easiest of all to fool and control. They allow themselves to be controlled in fact. Anyone who thinks Obama wants unemployment to go down please don't vote as you simply don't get it. They are attempting to destroy the job creators. You are easy to control when you are living on handouts from the government. Why do you think they want to do away with charitable deductions? They don't control them is why. They give a way to get help without selling your soul to the government.

My favorite of late is the false idea they are pulling out of Iraq. They are replacing the Soldiers with far more expensive private contractors and the MSM is not bothering to tell you. The cost in Iraq will go up not down. Then to drive another nail into our coffin, Obama is now claiming part of his cost cutting will come from the money saved by bringing the Troops home.

He hides the fact it is going to cost more while assuming most are too illiterate to know any better. He is right about many, even people here don't follow news or check out facts as is obvious in the posts that propagate lies for Obama. Some of you work for Obama and you don't even know it. He says it, you spread it, but it's still manure. He knows good little groupies will do whatever they are told without bothering to know if they are lying or not.

Don't forget to spread your hate for today if you're in on it:
Fat vs Thin
Smokers vs Non-Smokers
Democrats vs Republicans
Rich vs Poor
Vegans vs Meat Eaters
Illegals vs Legals
Union vs Non-Union
and...............................................................................

Do not under any circumstances wise up and join together. The government does not approve of that.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Raise your hand and ask for permission if you want to go to the bathroom.

new topics

top topics

join