It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autopsy: Woman died from shot fired by deputy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Um in case you haven't read my most recent update to the post... The criminal wasn't the one shot and killed. JSYK.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

All I can say is Vargas is coldblooded. Not only did she injure the officer,she left her passenger to die in the back seat of a stolen vehicle. I bet you 100 dollars she was the one who made the anonymous call to the police. Sorry,but she is the reason the woman is dead,not the officer. She set it ALL in motion. She didnt even try to get the passenger help,just left her there in a hospital parking structure. She could have pulled up to the emergency doors,and walked away from the vehicle. How sad.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Somewhat. Evidently you are just trolling, though. Fair enough, and infinitely preferable to you being a psychopath.

No, really I am not. I am just flabberghasted at people on this site who root for the bad guy, instead of people who do their jobs, even if people don't like the way they do it.

To me it seems easy to cry foul on a cop when you are not in their shoes.

Who would you be calling, if not using a gun yourself, if somebody was breaking into one of your windows right now?

Would you stop to give them a chance, thinking they are just a shoplifter, or whatever you said earlier? I think not!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Using logic to dictate a judgment if a life is on the line involving vehicular manslaughter, clearly is one thing. Using stupidity to justify an un-warranted murder via "running over a foot" is another. This wasn't a bank robbery. Even with that said, you can't compare the two at all.

Cops always use the excuse "my life was on the line!!" when killing people. When is enough, enough? We've seen cops tase elementary school children, seriously! When should the UBER COWARDNESS end?? These cops I gotta say, these days are pure pansy-ass babies!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah my perspective is changed a little... However now I see it as the police officer's attempt at slaying someone in the name of public safety has failed into now just slaying someone. I'm glad so many people are ready to risk lives on a whim!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

Um in case you haven't read my most recent update to the post... The criminal wasn't the one shot and killed. JSYK.

Well in that case, people need to be careful who they pick as a friend to ride around in a car with, don't they?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Well... They identified that there was the criminal they wanted in the car... and now (due to them saying that they wouldn't release the name of the deceased yet) I understand that the one who died wasn't even the one that they were after....

Wow... so the cop shot one of the passengers? If that's true then it's worse than I thought. They're all "perps" if they're in the same car right?

Something's gotta be done about these loose cannons. They aren't responsible enough to be carrying around deadly force. Collateral damage is not acceptable!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The criminal wasn't the one shot and killed.

sure about that?

www.springsgov.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well for all we know that person was the owner of the car and was held against her will. I mean, we can assume all day long.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

At this point in the investigation, the evidence suggests that Vargas was the driver of the car at the time of the shooting.

No, now I am very confused. I can't tell if these sources are conflicting or if I am missing something. Thanks for that tho.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The problem Blanca is its common in the US that police are using their powers in the wrong way. Its becoming more of an epidemic,to be honest. Not as bad as in Mexico,but even if you do a search back to 1900's,you will find LEO's had a knack for being dishonest,or being on the take.Hell,they hold a lot of power,that you will agree with. There is also the "code of silence","gang in blue" "coverup "mentality.. Seriously,you care to disprove it? I can give you years worth of examples. I wont call an officer,unless its the last resort,and I have friends on the force.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Using logic to dictate a judgment if a life is on the line involving vehicular manslaughter, clearly is one thing. Using stupidity to justify an un-warranted murder via "running over a foot" is another. This wasn't a bank robbery. Even with that said, you can't compare the two at all.

Cops always use the excuse "my life was on the line!!" when killing people. When is enough, enough? We've seen cops tase elementary school children, seriously! When should the UBER COWARDNESS end?? These cops I gotta say, these days are pure pansy-ass babies!

The woman with the baby in the back seat wasn't robbing the bank, either. She was trying to pass a bad check.

I understand your frustration, but these guys who are cops, deputy's, whatever are putting their lives on the line. They don't know a suspect from Jack. So, you think they should take a chance at pleasantries and getting to know a person before they make a decision?

You might hear about situations like this, what about the others? The domestic violence situtaions they walk into, the situations where they do have to worry about serious violence?

If anything, they are hyper vigilant to a potentially dangerous situation at all times.

I'd like to think everybody is not a threat while just walking down the street. Just imagine what they encounter in the course of their day, keeping public safety.

Not all areas have enforcement that are the town of Mayberry, and I can betcha, that the donut eating scenario is a farce, too!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

The criminal wasn't the one shot and killed.

sure about that?

www.springsgov.com...

Are you?? It seems CSPD isn't even sure about that. In either case, what makes you think this woman deserved to die?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, it's also a cross section of humanity. Do I think there are bad cops? Sure. Do I think the majority of them are? No. I am also sure the ones that don't do the things you describe can't say anything, either.

This isn't about cops on the take though.

This is about a tragic situation where a cop reacted in the moment.

Honestly, while you brag to know all of these bad guy, cops, would you blame them for shooting this person? Despite what you claim to know?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah my perspective is changed a little... However now I see it as the police officer's attempt at slaying someone in the name of public safety has failed into now just slaying someone. I'm glad so many people are ready to risk lives on a whim!

But.......you have judged the officer,and not judged Vargas one bit! Its hypocritical !!!! Vargas drove the vehicle,Vargas hit the officer.Vargas put her life, the passengers life,the officers life,and the general populations life in danger. High speed chase,remember? Then she left the vehicle in a hospital parking structure. Again leaving the passengers life in danger,and left her to die. Is this STILL the officers fault?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Well for all we know that person was the owner of the car and was held against her will. I mean, we can assume all day long.

I haven't assumed anything.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I dont blame them for shooting at the vehicle one bit. They were doing their job. I also NEVER bragged for knowing bad cops. Dont know where you got that from.I KNOW of bad LEO's. I gave a link on page one,if you care to read through years worth of dirty cops. Im about changing the law,so officers arnt put in this situation of abusing powers.Then we wont be having this discussion right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I hear what you're saying and I would agree... Except it's beyond officers putting "their lives on the line" anymore these days. That excuse would have worked 20 years go or so. These days we have cops doing stupid things for all the wrong reasons. They can say "my life was on the line" for literally almost any scenario.

I see more cops screwing around with stupid things that don't really hurt anyone (but themselves) like messing with little girls selling lemonade without a business license or drugs. These things happen more lately than I hear about them catching actual criminals these days. Drugs are a problem and always will be. Killing someone for things like drug use is only fueling the flames. Cops need to PROTECT the people by getting rid of the REAL criminals. They don't really seem to distinguish between the real crimes and the dumb ones.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I hear what you're saying and I would agree... Except it's beyond officers putting "their lives on the line" anymore these days. That excuse would have worked 20 years go or so. These days we have cops doing stupid things for all the wrong reasons. They can say "my life was on the line" for literally almost any scenario.

I see more cops screwing around with stupid things that don't really hurt anyone (but themselves) like messing with little girls selling lemonade without a business license or drugs. These things happen more lately than I hear about them catching actual criminals these days. Drugs are a problem and always will be. Killing someone for things like drug use is only fueling the flames. Cops need to PROTECT the people by getting rid of the REAL criminals. They don't really seem to distinguish between the real crimes and the dumb ones.

Agreed that messing with a lemonade stand is outta control, but you make it sound so common, like it happens all the time. Show me how many instances of cops harassing little girs for no license occurred in the last year, please. And sorry, don't agree with you about them fighting the war on drugs. Until drugs are made legal, that is part of their duties whether you like it or not. If you don't like the drug laws, go higher up. Once again, killing for things like drug use, don't just happen because somebody is using drugs. Cite for me one example where that has happened, and once again, if you don't like the laws, go higher up. What do you consider a real criminal? I think we part ways on this one, because I strongly believe in them upholding the laws as far as illegal drugs go, until a time that they are told not to do so. They don't have to differentiate between real ones, and what you consider dumb ones until the laws are changed. Your barkin up the wrong tree!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No, that's not true either. My original point to posting wasn't even to judge the cop. Merely the actions taken to solve an obvious problem. And i have my own "judgements" towards her as well, but they seem less applicable to whoever was the one who died. Perhaps the officer did perfectly well what he should have according to what is on paper, but I still feel the issue runs pretty deep. The mere fact that he shot at someone who had, at that point in time, only ran over his foot and left... is the issue. And thinking about it... I wonder if Vargas even knew if she ran the guy's foot over. She probably was only running from the police due to her history, not the present. This means that the entire story, on both ends, are both outta wack!

It's almost as if there are two possibilities to this story, both extremes.

1. An officer shot at a possibly "innocent" civilian for her unknowingly running over his foot, or
2. An officer suspected a fugitive and tried to serve his people by killing a criminal, who (knowing of the consequences of intentionally trying to murder a police officer) ran from the police and died.

What a dilemma, yet both sides still point to a cop who killed someone without trial!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join