It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome mat or baseball bat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The best threads on ATS are the ones with current (as in happening RIGHT NOW) events and the possibility of epic disaster, it seems we all look forward to chaos, in any form, to break the monotony. My new favorite is the mysterious meteor in the west, could there possibly be some disclosure coming our way? Is it time to finally lift the veil? As I read the posts I began to imagine how I might react if I saw an "alien" for the first time.
Imagine it's about 3am and you wake up to take a piss, everyone else is sleeping and you stumble down the hall toward the bathroom, it's dark and you rub your arm against the wall to feel for the corner that's coming up. Suddenly you hear a sound, a really strange sound, and as you round the corner you see it........
There is an object in front of you, seven foot tall and three feet wide with an assortment of appendages, now what?
You have mere seconds to decide, fight or flight, attack or surrender, there is no "right" answer and your decision will change your life. Think it over.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have guns in every room. First step is get to one of them and then try and see what "it" wants. If it wants me I guess I see if it's bullet proof.

Edit:

And I'm pretty sure the 115 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback that sleeps on my bed will give me time to arm myself.
edit on 15-9-2011 by wasco2 because: added

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Does it speak english?
Is it friendly?
Does it come bearing gifts or guns?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Intruder meets .357 via 158 grain hollow point. If it is in my house and not a friend/relative, it dies. If you come visit, be sure to call first, at a minimum be sure to knock and await invitation. The life you save could be your own.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

You have mere seconds to decide, fight or flight, attack or surrender, there is no "right" answer and your decision will change your life. Think it over.

Why isn't there an offer it a beer choice..?

See, this is why 'they' don't make contact - too many violent people with linear thinking...

Now, if it gave me a weird look, I might think about attacking it, but that's a whole different thing...

edit on 15-9-2011 by facelift because: add a vowel...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
I have guns in every room. First step is get to one of them and then try and see what "it" wants. If it wants me I guess I see if it's bullet proof.

yeah because I'm sure your gun is a match to this being's weapons. They just traveled light years to get here, their tech will be much more advanced than your puny gun. I think if you make a move of violence you'll be vaporized on the spot.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

How would you recognize a "weird look" in the above situation?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Sarcasm is the drink of the day...hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Stand in front of my .357 Magnum or 12 gauge and tell me how puny you think it is, if you'e still alive. You're welcome to just roll on your back and say, "Eat me superior being", if you want. I'm going to try and be indigestible.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

violence begets violence, kindness begets kindness.
Who says it's going to eat me?

And you totally missed my point...I was saying the alien will think of your gun as puny...if they can travel lightyears to get here, I bet they have protection against our "puny" guns. Not only does it probably have armor, but it most likely has autofire guns that fire when it's threatened...as soon as you reach for that gun...BOOM you're dead.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you want the true answer, just reverse the situation.

If I went to another planet and just waltzed into an alien's home, I'd expect to get hit with their ray gun.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What's with this either or situation you present? What the Hell does it have to do with making contact with an alien civilization that is light years ahead of us in skills and thinking?

Better yet, what were you thinking? What kind of absolute answer are you looking for? This thread makes no sense and has no value in the current situation that has been actively on-going for over half a century.

I guess you saw that recent horror of a space horror movie Apollo 18 and wanted to bring it down to Earth on your way to take a leak?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

That's the "fun" part, you don't know and there is no time to think it over.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

why's there no time to think it over? are they about to shoot you? You don't specify that.

When you shoot first, and ask questions later, it usually turns out bad.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just look at nature. I don't care who, what, or where you're from, the universe has instilled all life forms with a desire to defend its home and/or territory. I don't think that other life forms have overridden this ingrained response.

Everything from humans to mammals to reptiles to insects defend their homes. I believe the universe dictates this and I would be hard pressed to believe that even a more evolved life form wouldn't find this natural instinct a necessity for survival. Even if they're more peaceful and a lot smarter, they should know to knock. I would.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2011 by Afterthought because: getting tired

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

What's with this either or situation you present? What the Hell does it have to do with making contact with an alien civilization that is light years ahead of us in skills and thinking?

Better yet, what were you thinking? What kind of absolute answer are you looking for? This thread makes no sense and has no value in the current situation that has been actively on-going for over half a century.

I guess you saw that recent horror of a space horror movie Apollo 18 and wanted to bring it down to Earth on your way to take a leak?

WTF????
I didn't see any movie, I read a thread on ATS and it made me think about my reaction to something from outerspace in my house, lighten up.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

why's there no time to think it over? are they about to shoot you? You don't specify that.

When you shoot first, and ask questions later, it usually turns out bad.

Let's just pretend there are NO weapons involved, do you stand still and try to communicate with it, turn and run, or lunge at it Captain Kirk style?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, OK. Considering that some deer have gotten spooked and busted through windows into shops. If its cute like a deer, I'd try to help it out of my house. But you mentioned it's size and numerous appendages. It can obviously overpower me. Then again, a normal deer could over power me and still kick the crap out of me. I still wouldn't shoot it though, so now I'm just not sure.

I guess I'm back to the "strange look". If it has glassy, "deer in the headlights" look, I'll help it, if it's eyes narrow and it growls, I'm running into a room where I can lock the door, then barricade it.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Let's just pretend there are NO weapons involved, do you stand still and try to communicate with it, turn and run, or lunge at it Captain Kirk style?
Then we are not in my house nor are we in my car. So, where are we that I don't have a gun? I don't go into banks, and since my divorce I stay away from courthouses. Anywhere else I carry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join