It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Enoch8000
Why did building 7 fall down into a pile when nothing hit it at all ? Go back to sleep and beleave what your govenment tells you sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you see? THIS is exactly what makes the truther movement so dangerous- It's been shown time and time again that the (as they refer to it) "official story" states that the wreckage from the collapse of the north tower heavily damaged WTC 7 to the point where eyewitnesses said the lobby "looked like King Kong came through and destroyed the place". Plus, the (as they refer to it) "official story said that fires were burning out of control to the point where eyewitnesses said there was a three story tall bulge in the side of the building, and everyone there knew the building was going to fall. Yet, not only do the truthers go out of their way NOT to do any real research, they go out of their way to not even read their own propaganda to know what the (as they refer to it) "official story even says, exactly as this poster did. Worse, they're going around trying to convince other people of these bad facts- the hijackers were all illiterate cavemen, no interceptors were scrambled, nothign hit WTC 7, etc etc etc- specifically to get people to start passing them around as well, like some kind of verbal computer virus. Regardless of what you want to call this, this is NOT a search for the truth.

This whole "official story" bit is rubbish anyway- it was based upon hundreds of eyewitness accounts- so if these "truthers" are of the opinion that "the official story" doesn't mention how WTC 7 fell then the problem ISN'T with "the official story". The problem is with these the damned fool conspiracy web sites changing the facts around to their liking and making rubbish up off the tops of their heads to manufacture some Cartoon Network version of what actually happened on 9/11. No wonder so many people are up in arms about 9/11- if some slick website managed to convince me the 9/11 attack was really staged by shape shifting alien lizards, I'd be up in arms too. What people need to realize is that our being up in arms about an attack by shape shifting alien lizards, or even seeing a website spreading the word we're under attack by shapeshifting alien lizards, doesn't mean there really are any shape shifting alien lizards out there.

For some reason, the paranoid nonsense Dylan Avery, Alex Jones, and the other con artists are pushing out becomes more credible somehow if it's put on a pretty looking web site. Seeing the Loose Change site with pretty graphics and listing page after page of "inside information" makes them appear like they're a granite building on wall street full of lawyers and reporters receiving secret memos from armies of insiders, when the reality is, they're a simply bunch of college kids making internet videos in their dorm room.

Google Straw man - its very relevant to your post.
You believe the Official report (No quotations needed as that is what it is) good for you, considering the amount of money they put in to investigating the whole thing (1/4 the amount to Investigate Clinton/oval office/cigar) I have my doubts they even wanted the truth.
You maintain the report was based on the account of hundreds of eye witnesses yet completely ignore testimony by people trapped in the buildings and hundreds of eyewitnesses that did hear bombs.

In other words the straw man argument.Also as We don't agree with you we must be stupid when in reality you know as little or as much as any of us.

You ridicule 1500 experts and believe your own judgement mean something

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

this is the least funny stand up comedian i've ever seen.
his smugness does nothing for his cause.
it always concerns me when someone says "how stupid was i to think that ?"
the same stupid you are now stupid!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I wasn't as bothered by this video as I expected to be.

The only valid point he brings up that even comes close to questioning truther theories is that WTC7 would have had to been rigged with explosives secretively before hand and that fire "magically" didn't explode the pre-placed explosive charges.

He obviously has no experience with explosives at all. The type of explosives required to demolish a building can not be exploded by fire. They would be considered tertiary charges, which are initiated by secondary charges, which are initiated by primary charges (like blasting caps). You can throw a lump of C4 right into a camp fire and it won't go off... Exactly why the "shoe-bomber" couldn't blow up a plane by lighting his shoe laces on fire... LOL

As for rigging it up before-hand. They could have easily had "work done on the building" in the off hours, and let's not forget some of the Alphabet Offices that were housed in that building--could absolutely function under the radar.

Beyond that, he just chastises truthers for asking questions. HOW DARE THEY? As if it's not valid to question free-fall speeds, the symmetry of the collapse, the lack of historic precedent, NIST not looking for explosions, Silverstein saying he decided to "pull it", the speedy removal of the physical evidence, the countdown that witnesses heard on first responder radios, etc...

Basically, in a nutshell, he's not a "deluded truther" anymore because he has no knowledge about how explosives work, and truthers ask too many pesky questions...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Has this already been posted? Sorry if it has, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

This is laughable. I love the way he presents his argument to the imaginary crowd from in front of his homemade stage curtain.Nice hard cuts to the side profile shot, taking in his guitar also.Wow this guy is one cool dude!

Is there a body of evidence to support his claim that he was a 'truther'? Forum contributions, blogs, YT videos, etc? Or must we take his word for that.

He continuously launches indirect Ad Hominem attacks on the group he claims to have been part of. He displays an obvious contempt for 'truthers' rather than genuine concern that they are misled. It's really just a sneerfest conducted by what you might call a 'false flagging' OSer.

I won't even waste my time looking at his other stuff based on the sheer lameness of his first presentation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
reply to post by SteveR

S and F for you!

You took the words right out of my mouth when you talked about this movement taking away from those who were killed and their families, as well as wrongly places blame.

The movement is a dangerous because it tries to shift focus on those who hate us and want us dead. What sense does that make? None at all!

Are you drunk or just drinking? This "movement" is to remove the bulls#%t. The only bs that takes away from those who were killed is the denial of properly investigating this matter without hinderance. No building fire (7) EVER has cause a building to implode into it's own footprint at the speed of gravity. That is a fact, some call it truth.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by Enoch8000
Why did building 7 fall down into a pile when nothing hit it at all ? Go back to sleep and beleave what your govenment tells you sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you see? THIS is exactly what makes the truther movement so dangerous- It's been shown time and time again that the (as they refer to it) "official story" states that the wreckage from the collapse of the north tower heavily damaged WTC 7 to the point where eyewitnesses said the lobby "looked like King Kong came through and destroyed the place". Plus, the (as they refer to it) "official story said that fires were burning out of control to the point where eyewitnesses said there was a three story tall bulge in the side of the building, and everyone there knew the building was going to fall. Yet, not only do the truthers go out of their way NOT to do any real research, they go out of their way to not even read their own propaganda to know what the (as they refer to it) "official story even says, exactly as this poster did. Worse, they're going around trying to convince other people of these bad facts- the hijackers were all illiterate cavemen, no interceptors were scrambled, nothign hit WTC 7, etc etc etc- specifically to get people to start passing them around as well, like some kind of verbal computer virus. Regardless of what you want to call this, this is NOT a search for the truth.

This whole "official story" bit is rubbish anyway- it was based upon hundreds of eyewitness accounts- so if these "truthers" are of the opinion that "the official story" doesn't mention how WTC 7 fell then the problem ISN'T with "the official story". The problem is with these the damned fool conspiracy web sites changing the facts around to their liking and making rubbish up off the tops of their heads to manufacture some Cartoon Network version of what actually happened on 9/11. No wonder so many people are up in arms about 9/11- if some slick website managed to convince me the 9/11 attack was really staged by shape shifting alien lizards, I'd be up in arms too. What people need to realize is that our being up in arms about an attack by shape shifting alien lizards, or even seeing a website spreading the word we're under attack by shapeshifting alien lizards, doesn't mean there really are any shape shifting alien lizards out there.

For some reason, the paranoid nonsense Dylan Avery, Alex Jones, and the other con artists are pushing out becomes more credible somehow if it's put on a pretty looking web site. Seeing the Loose Change site with pretty graphics and listing page after page of "inside information" makes them appear like they're a granite building on wall street full of lawyers and reporters receiving secret memos from armies of insiders, when the reality is, they're a simply bunch of college kids making internet videos in their dorm room.

Google Straw man - its very relevant to your post.
You believe the Official report (No quotations needed as that is what it is) good for you, considering the amount of money they put in to investigating the whole thing (1/4 the amount to Investigate Clinton/oval office/cigar) I have my doubts they even wanted the truth.
You maintain the report was based on the account of hundreds of eye witnesses yet completely ignore testimony by people trapped in the buildings and hundreds of eyewitnesses that did hear bombs.

In other words the straw man argument.Also as We don't agree with you we must be stupid when in reality you know as little or as much as any of us.

X2 bro. The title should be, "I Was A Deluded Truther, Now Just Deluded!"

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

you sir are trying to exit a pitch black room with 3 blindfolds and cement blocks on your feet.. you should go see a eye doctor ASAP i can't imagine how life is being blind.. i didn't know they make braille keyboards

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
First off I want to say you spent 90% belittling Truthers which says nothing about 911.

2nd, I was wondering why you needed to change into the appropriate outfit? And why the Cheap Guitar and drums as props, for an appeal to hipsters who might have a passing interest?

3rd, in the video you found important, note that the Penthouse is the first to go, there was no fire there. I believe the fires were on the 3rd, 5th and 12th, the 12th having burned itself out before collapse.

The only point you made that does raise a question, at least for me, is how the fires didn't ignite the explosives. But still, those small fires did not bring that building down.

I have been researching now since I saw David Ray Griffin in 2003. I will never turn my back on this. Your argument is very weak.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Fiziks is Fundamental

9/11 was about Physics.

The 9/11 Decade was about Psychohistory.

Any competent physicist will tell you that the universe is billions of years old. Any competent biologist will tell you that the human race is less than a million years old. Physics is incapable of caring about language or mathematics, so how the word physics is spelled is irrelevant. Laws of physics that are billions of years old which human beings cannot change should dictate how quickly those buildings could have come down and if damage high up could destroy the whole thing.

So the Fiziks profession has a psychohistory problem for not spelling out to us why airliners could or could not have destroyed those buildings that quickly in TEN YEARS. Most people changing sides in this issue are just talking psycho-bullsh#.

psik

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is yet more rubbish those damned fool conspiracy web sites are churning out; they were explosions, but they were NOT bombs. I myself talked to people who worked in the buidling and they specifically said they heard explosions. One person said she saw sheets of flames coming out of the elevator shaft and pushing a man across the room. The buildings were chock full of incindiary items that would naturally explode in a fire -electrical transformers, pressurized pipes, generators, etc, -and in the south tower the plane hit directly above a mechanical floor and dumped thousands of gallons of fuel into an area crammed full with these flammable objects. How would there NOT be explosions?

You truthers keep insisting that the (according to you) "official story" is a lie. Do you even know what the heck the (according to you) "official story" even says?

You certainly aren't stupid, but you people do seem to have gullibility issues. Let's face it, noone is going to look at the towers falling and instinctively believe they were destroyed by lasers from outer space. Someone with a slick website needed to have come along and specifically throw their slick sales pitch at the truthers. Heck, the whole reason why people take that "cruise missile at the Pentagon" foolishness seriously to begin with is because some guy over in France invented the claim to sell a bunch of books.

Yes, it does. It means they were suckered by the exact same con artists behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites that suckered you. Jesse Ventura was a soldier, actor, AND governor of Minnessota, and yet he belives the towers were destroyed by lasers from outer space entirely because he read Judy Wood's book.. What the heck difference does it make if he was a soldier, actor, or even governor of Minnessota? When someone is blatantly wrong, they are blatantly wrong, and the moment someone attempts to hide behind their credentials in a smug attempt to bludgeon their critics into silence instead of presenting the facts or addressing the criticism, it's the moment the BS alarm starts to sound off.

Do I really need to point that out to you?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This may just be simple thinking, but in my opinion I think we should just stop responding to the paranoid who believe that the thousands murdered on September 11, 2001 were committed by those in power instead of evil radicals who hate our way of life. After all, these theories are all these people have in their lives and who are we to take that away from them?! It honestly gives me hours upon hours of reading pleasure and amusement listening to them talk about their wild delusions and watching them expend energy on "ducking and hiding". Who knew that laser beam warfare was real and not just plots of so many bad movies!! I know that the schizophrenia patients in this country are thrilled to not have to hide their illness anymore because so many have joined their ranks and they no longer feel alone. Let's just sit back and watch them sink deeper and deeper into the fears they create for themselves. After all, it's only a matter of time before they all become too afraid to continue posting this insanity on the web, because even though they are taking precautions to not be found, they will soon realize (within their own madness) they CAN and WILL be found out! Besides, as soon as they shut themselves in their bunkers thousands of jobs will become available for the many looking for work!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another "What about ..." that he conveniently forgot:

"What about the terrorist pre knowledge of NORAD training exercises."

Another "I find it hard to believe ..."

"I find it hard to believe that terrorist just happen to get lucky enough to plot the attack on a day that pilots protecting our skies would have no idea which blip on their radar was an actual hijacking and which was part of the drill."

Seriously. Just because one guy has gotten over his "Controlled Demo" hysteria doesn't let the Administration (who admitted needing this attack in the PNAC manifesto) off the hook.

I also admit that I don't think there was a traditional (consumer-grade) controlled demolition. I think the demo was far more advanced than what any conventional demo company could accomplish. You'd only need 5-10 thermite charges on any steel beam. And yes AFTER the charges ignite ... there are DEFINITELY going to be uncontrolled fires roaming about the building. No need of an elaborate wiring system to detonate countless explosives.

edit on 15-9-2011 by tyranny22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Anyway, why do you spend another day on this soil? If I honestly believed I lived in a country that was capable of mass murder of it's own innocent, tax paying citizens, I would be out of here pronto. There is no way I could contine to live in and support a country that I honestly believed was capable of these overt and covert heinous murderous crimes. The world is huge. There are many other places to go. I would leave this country ASAP.

So again, why do you stay here? How do you justify maintaining citizenship in what you perceive as a country capable of murdering it's own citizens? Are you really that different from me, that you would stay in such a country?

Why should we run away. Obviously you are the type who runs away from problems. You did say you would leave this country if you believed that the US government was corrupt enough to harm it's own people. That would make you a COWARD.

Some people actually have the courage to stand their ground and speak truth to power. We are really that different from you. People like you sit there and wish we would flea, and that's about as proactive as you'll ever be on the matter. Maybe if you stay glued to WWE, Daystar,Fox and daytime chatshows, we will just disappear.

Once again, WE REALLY ARE THAT DIFFERENT FROM YOU.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This is yet more rubbish those damned fool conspiracy web sites are churning out; they were explosions, but they were NOT bombs. I myself talked to people who worked in the buidling and they specifically said they heard explosions. One person said she saw sheets of flames coming out of the elevator shaft and pushing a man across the room. The buildings were chock full of incindiary items that would naturally explode in a fire -electrical transformers, pressurized pipes, generators, etc, -and in the south tower the plane hit directly above a mechanical floor and dumped thousands of gallons of fuel into an area crammed full with these flammable objects. How would there NOT be explosions?

You truthers keep insisting that the (according to you) "official story" is a lie. Do you even know what the heck the (according to you) "official story" even says?

You certainly aren't stupid, but you people do seem to have gullibility issues. Let's face it, noone is going to look at the towers falling and instinctively believe they were destroyed by lasers from outer space. Someone with a slick website needed to have come along and specifically throw their slick sales pitch at the truthers. Heck, the whole reason why people take that "cruise missile at the Pentagon" foolishness seriously to begin with is because some guy over in France invented the claim to sell a bunch of books.

Yes, it does. It means they were suckered by the exact same con artists behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites that suckered you. Jesse Ventura was a soldier, actor, AND governor of Minnessota, and yet he belives the towers were destroyed by lasers from outer space entirely because he read Judy Wood's book.. What the heck difference does it make if he was a soldier, actor, or even governor of Minnessota? When someone is blatantly wrong, they are blatantly wrong, and the moment someone attempts to hide behind their credentials in a smug attempt to bludgeon their critics into silence instead of presenting the facts or addressing the criticism, it's the moment the BS alarm starts to sound off.

Do I really need to point that out to you?

So what you are saying is I'm 100% wrong and you are 100% right BECAUSE Jesse Ventura (who I have never mentioned nor followed) believes a ludricous claim that it was laser beams?

Why should I even bother replying to you its obviously a waste of time

Why not go one further and say The government would never Plan or do something against its citizens and especially not for mountains of cash. When its been documented over and over that they have before.

There are many ways we could argue the actual report its been done to death but the truth is not one building has ever fell in to its own footprint due to fire before that day ( 3 buildings!!) and not one since.. Strange that.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why would anyone take a bad comedian seriously? The guy clearly sold out to retain his sheeple crowd of numbty ignorant fools who dont know whats good for them. Tragic

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Seems to be still quite deluded...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"I find it hard to believe that terrorist just happen to get lucky enough to plot the attack on a day that pilots protecting our skies would have no idea which blip on their radar was an actual hijacking and which was part of the drill."

If you turn off the transponder it would take quite an effort to decide which plane to shoot down no matter what exercises are going on. Just think of how many passenger planes are in the air around NYC at 9:00AM?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
reply to post by SteveR

This is laughable. I love the way he presents his argument to the imaginary crowd from in front of his homemade stage curtain.Nice hard cuts to the side profile shot, taking in his guitar also.Wow this guy is one cool dude!

Is there a body of evidence to support his claim that he was a 'truther'? Forum contributions, blogs, YT videos, etc? Or must we take his word for that.

He continuously launches indirect Ad Hominem attacks on the group he claims to have been part of. He displays an obvious contempt for 'truthers' rather than genuine concern that they are misled. It's really just a sneerfest conducted by what you might call a 'false flagging' OSer.

I won't even waste my time looking at his other stuff based on the sheer lameness of his first presentation.

Exactly. who is the guy in the video? He really really has a "service" (non civilian) manner/look about him.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I have a question for you guys who believe our government killed all those people as a "false flag" effort to justify going into other countries and killing them. (Also, I wonder if you are the same folks who believe our government is trying to kill us/alter us by spreading chemicals in the air via any type airplane, and also controlling our minds through some amazing feat of mind control). Are you? Just curious.

Anyway, why do you spend another day on this soil? If I honestly believed I lived in a country that was capable of mass murder of it's own innocent, tax paying citizens, I would be out of here pronto. There is no way I could contine to live in and support a country that I honestly believed was capable of these overt and covert heinous murderous crimes. The world is huge. There are many other places to go. I would leave this country ASAP.

So again, why do you stay here? How do you justify maintaining citizenship in what you perceive as a country capable of murdering it's own citizens? Are you really that different from me, that you would stay in such a country?

Well I don't believe that the government is out to kill us all or plotting to do that. I do believe that it does sacrifice its own people aztec style to cook up war fever or as a diversion to complicated issues though.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join