It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Human Hybrids and Transhumanism In The Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Everyone has an agenda. Sitchin had an agenda to sell books. If Sitchin is wrong he's wrong regardless of agenda. Agenda's don't change concrete facts. Heiser doesn't have to prove Sitchin wrong. In fact he could 100% ignore Sitchin, he was working on his PhD and started investigating the claims that Sitchin made and found them to be FALSE.

I can tell you for a fact that Sitchin is wrong about his interpretation of Nephilim. Ask any Hebrew speaking Jew. It means "fallen one" from the root nephal which means "to fall". However, Sitchin completely ignores the Hebrew language, Strong's Concordance, and all Lexicons in existence and makes up his own definition. Even when I was very much into UFOs and Aliens (Mid 90s - Early 2000s) I noticed something wrong about Sitchin's theory. I still do lightweight research into the subject and even wrote a book on the issue and how it relates to Noah's flood. It has very positive reviews because I just presented the info and the fact is, Sitchin is wrong especially when it comes to his "translation" of Biblical text.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
One thing you need to remember when reading ancient texts is that if they saw some technology we all take for granted now, the only way they can describe it is using their current knowledge. So for example, if they saw visions of tanks, then they will likely describe beastly attributes to it. Also, if you look at Daniel / Revelation and compare some of the visions to a picture of the world map, it makes a lot more sense.

This is not to mean that the god in the bible is a/the supreme being. I at least hope not, because the implications of such a god being the supreme being are dire for all. There is a proverb (i think) that goes along the lines of how you will know a tree is good or not by its fruit, and the fruit religion bears is rotten.

Personally I think that humans are stuck in a cycle of destroying themselves, and someone or something out there is deliberately preventing us from achieving our full potential. People have used technology and scientific knowledge either kept by their ancestors and handed down through a secret society, or found in ruins (such as the pyramids in Egypt), and posed as god in order to enslave the masses. If you knew all about the lunar cycles for example, and your people did not, what better way to claim to be a god, or a messenger, by staging an event to coincide with an eclipse?

This is the reason such things were forbidden from the masses, lest they level the playing field and rise up against the tyranny. Yet still, things are in the same vein, there is much still kept secret from us that gives the elite an advantage over us. By deliberately confusing the accounts that were kept, they could keep people ignorant by saying things were symbolic or whatever. The people of the past advanced civilisation more than likely did exactly what we are doing now.

The sad thing about this is that the elite will be the ones with the resources and knowledge required in order to save themselves from the next cataclysm. No doubt Noah was the elite of his time. How often has history been re-written to put the victors in a good light and their victims as evil?

It all comes down to one question though, if we currently have the ability to destroy ourselves, then how do we know we have not been in this situation before?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
On a related note the Egyptians definitely believed in animal/human hybrids, they have their likenesses plastered everywhere!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortson
Furthermore, most people accept that Jesus existed, they only question whether or not He is the son of God and Savior of mankind. You should do some actual research and stop listening to hype and nonsense.

I personally know Christianity researchers/academics who question whether Jesus actually existed and have come to the conclusion that there is just no verifiable evidence.

You say Sitchin is a fraud. I agree with you there, but I will go further to say that the Bible is a fraud as well: a 'long arm of the law" in the power play about controlling people.

Maybe YOU should do some actual research and stop listening to hype and nonsense, while promoting your youtube channel and website?

My point regarding psychedelic drugs was that there is a long tradition of their use in Shamanism and they 'conjure' up all sorts of visions not based in reality.

edit on 14-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
One thing you need to remember when reading ancient texts is that if they saw some technology we all take for granted now, the only way they can describe it is using their current knowledge. So for example, if they saw visions of tanks, then they will likely describe beastly attributes to it. Also, if you look at Daniel / Revelation and compare some of the visions to a picture of the world map, it makes a lot more sense.

That's an assumption based on the other assumption that they didn't understand. I'll give you an example: In the Bible it talks about angels having chariots. That is the 1611 translation of it. The original language calls them vehicles. They never specifically called them chariots. The word is merkabah and can be used for any type of vehicle. The problem is not with the ancient text, it's with what was available to the translators at the time. All they knew of were chariots, so they made the best assumption that they could and wrote chariot. The "chariot" that picked up Elijah is actually described as a "flaming vehicle" by the Hebrews.

This is not to mean that the god in the bible is a/the supreme being. I at least hope not, because the implications of such a god being the supreme being are dire for all. There is a proverb (i think) that goes along the lines of how you will know a tree is good or not by its fruit, and the fruit religion bears is rotten.

Based on what? The destruction of the hybrid tribes that were corrupting the human DNA at the time or did you not know that? Or are you referring to the flood when angels came down and started tampering with human and animal DNA and God wiped out all the creation that was tampered with? I'm just waiting on your unresearched response about what was really going on in the Bible.

Personally I think that humans are stuck in a cycle of destroying themselves, and someone or something out there is deliberately preventing us from achieving our full potential. People have used technology and scientific knowledge either kept by their ancestors and handed down through a secret society, or found in ruins (such as the pyramids in Egypt), and posed as god in order to enslave the masses. If you knew all about the lunar cycles for example, and your people did not, what better way to claim to be a god, or a messenger, by staging an event to coincide with an eclipse?

The problem is that every time humans get technology they start thinking they are gods, etc. What you fail to understand is that the gods people worshiped were pretending to do anything. They were displaying supernatural abilities such as walking through walls, levitation, etc. They weren't just smarter than everyone else. People back then weren't stupid.

It all comes down to one question though, if we currently have the ability to destroy ourselves, then how do we know we have not been in this situation before?

The Bible and most other stories from multiple cultures clearly say that this has happened before.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
I personally know Christianity researchers/academics who question whether Jesus actually existed and have come to the conclusion that there is just no verifiable evidence.

I'm calling your bluff. Name a Christian researcher that will say there is no verifiable evidence or just admit you are making up that fact. I'll be waiting on at least one name since you personally know them.

You say Sitchin is a fraud. I agree with you there, but I will go further to say that the Bible is a fraud as well: a 'long arm of the law" in the power play about controlling people.

The problem with that statement is that all elements of the Bible came together over time. How people choose to use it has nothing to do with it's intent. Bows and arrows were originally intended for survival, but people started using them to kill each other. You still failed to say what is fraudulent about it. So far you've made two statements with no supporting evidence provided.

Maybe YOU should do some actual research and stop listening to hype and nonsense, while promoting your youtube channel and website?

I can PROVE I've done the research. All you have to do is pick up my book at any Barnes and Noble or on Amazon. Tons of research in it from archaeology and history. I just did a show with Marvin Bittinger PhD last week and he commended me on the amount of research I've done on mathematics and dimensions. In fact he said I was the ONLY host that has ever had that type of conversation with him.

When was the last time a PhD commended you on the amount of research you've done in their field of study? I have the audio to prove it and it's freely available online. I also have the audio from my interview with Michael Heiser PhD and several other PhD's that testify to the archaeological evidence for the Bible. In fact I have over 100 hours worth of audio interviews that I've done with the world's top researchers and PhD's on the matter and all are freely available online for anyone to hear... care to compare credentials?

Don't worry I'll wait on that answer.

My point regarding psychedelic drugs was that there is a long tradition of their use in Shamanism and they 'conjure' up all sorts of visions not based in reality.

Speculation is not proof. You have no evidence that any of these people were on drugs when they made these claims.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MinisterFortson

PM'd as I don't want to put his name out here due to privacy issues. I would also appreciate it if you don't contact him, and I have written this here as a record just in case you try to...

Also...keyword difference: I said "Christianity" researcher, you said" Christian".

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I can PROVE I've done the research. All you have to do is pick up my book at any Barnes and Noble or on Amazon. Tons of research in it from archaeology and history.

Archaeological evidence does not equal proof of the supernatural.

Originally posted by MinisterFortsonWhen was the last time a PhD commended you on the amount of research you've done in their field of study?

As an educational enabler (I don't have a PhD, I don't need it) i have been complemented by many PhDs on aiding THEIR research.

Originally posted by MinisterFortson.. care to compare credentials?

Care to compare penis size? That is akin to your question.

Originally posted by MinisterFortsonSpeculation is not proof. You have no evidence that any of these people were on drugs when they made these claims.

You have no evidence that they weren't.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Invalid point. We were talking about the Bible and Jesus. Not angels or anything else non verifiable through scientific means. Try again.

As an educational enabler (I don't have a PhD, I don't need it) i have been complemented by many PhDs on aiding THEIR research.

Prove it. I'm calling your bluff again. Name the people and what work you aided. I see you failed to name a single Christian that denies the evidence for Jesus as you claimed.

You have no evidence that they weren't.

That makes no sense and you know it. Your best argument is since I can't prove they weren't on drugs, they were? You have no evidence that Ghandi really went on a fast. All you have is hearsay. You have no evidence that you weren't having sex with men in exchange for drugs. If we are going to use your argument in this case, can we rightly assume that you were having sex with men for drugs yesterday since you can't prove you weren't?

Your false assumption is that they were using drugs. It's not a fact.
edit on 14-9-2011 by MinisterFortson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortsonInvalid point. We were talking about the Bible and Jesus. Not angels or anything else non verifiable through scientific means. Try again.

Originally posted by MinisterFortsonProve it. I'm calling your bluff again. Name the people and what work you aided. I see you failed to name a single Christian that denies the evidence for Jesus as you claimed.

I did not claim this: do you have comprehension problems...look back and see that the word I used was" Christianity" not "Christian". Geez. So, where did you buy your PhD from? I supplied you with a link in a PM to someone who has this view and is arguably more grounded in this field than you are.

I would count Jesus as a supernatural being: virgin birth (tick) miracles(tick), rising from the dead (tick)

In my work as a technician and laboratory manager I have aided a number of academics and researchers with their research. When I was involved in seismic surveys I was involved with one of the leading Geophysicists in the World (Prof Alan Green ETH Zurich). I work in a University Geology Department.

I can see that you and I are constantly going to lock horns as we will not see eye to eye. I just do not believe your thesis, and the fossil record supports my view.

edit on 14-9-2011 by aorAki because: formatting

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You have no evidence that you weren't having sex with men in exchange for drugs. If we are going to use your argument in this case, can we rightly assume that you were having sex with men for drugs yesterday since you can't prove you weren't?

Maybe I was. What of it? Is that meant to be a veiled insult or some semblance of homophobia?

Originally posted by MinisterFortsonYour false assumption is that they were using drugs. It's not a fact.
edit on 14-9-2011 by MinisterFortson because: (no reason given)

Of course it's an assumption. However, you have no evidence that they weren't.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

The fossil record supports your view that Jesus didn't or that Christianity isn't real? What fossils can you show us that prove either?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

There is only one way to know for sure what happened in the past, and that is to have been there yourself and witnessed it for yourself. Of course time travel is not physically possible, so we will never know. Everything we have to go by is Chinese whispers passed on by the survivors, who more than likely added on their own twist in order to try and stop people going down the same path again, or to control the population for their own means. I challenge you to show me a 100% original, unedited, unbiased first-hand account from back then.

I do agree that humans in the past were not stupid, but that's not what I was saying. The point I was making is that if you have no words to describe something then you will use the closest thing that people will understand. Hybrid and mutant animals probably did exist back then as they do now but I personally think the reason the flood occurred was to cleanse the earth after a nuclear war. We don't live on merely a ball of rock, we are a part of a living entity far greater than people realise.

Technology can do so many "magical" things, and to an uninformed person, it would be magic to them. To say only a divine being could do back then what human beings take for granted on a daily basis now is ignorant. It is more likely that human beings in possession of knowledge they forbade from the general population used it to their advantage. This is human nature, and is practised still now, so to deny that as a possibility is also ignorance.

Hell, if the bible is anything to go by, the behaviour of the god in it is far from divine. It is a jealous, petty, violent god. Very human if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

The fossil record supports your view that Jesus didn't or that Christianity isn't real? What fossils can you show us that prove either?

No, that wasn't my point. My point was directed towards your title. There is no evidence for animal-human hybridism or transhumanism in the fossil record (or the Archaeological record, for that matter).

When one follows the mythologies, one can see the appropriation of characteristics to cobble together a Jesus figure.

Unfortunately, Christianity is real.

Fortunately, I don't subscribe to faerie tales.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh, I'll call your bluff: are you a real minister as ordained by whom, where did you gain your PhD, and in what discipline?

Your website quite short on any sort of detail regarding this.

edit on 15-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

was only able to check out the first couple of minuets here but will definatly come back when I got time and check it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
interesting stuff but many things that the guy in the video states I disagree with and are not biblical. interesting thing none the less but cant buy into it sorry.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Oh, I'll call your bluff: are you a real minister as ordained by whom, where did you gain your PhD, and in what discipline?

Your website quite short on any sort of detail regarding this.

edit on 15-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

Hmmm, no reply.

I guess he's just another shill preying on feeble people.
edit on 28-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Whenever i hear "animal human hybrids" and "transhumanism" i always think of Full Metal Alchemist, specifically the night of the chimera's cry.

Honestly im fine with animal human hybrids, and transhumanism.
As long as it's done right!
And no one is hurt or disabled in the end of the gene splicing, like when the Annunaki were creating the human race, they didn't care about us, since some of us are disabled, dumb, smart etc, so many variations and so many people suffer.
I just hope the scientists to work on this, do it right.

I would give you a star if it would let me. Full Metal Alchemist! What an amazing story. Only on the third season and have seen the movie, but WoW! and so applicable to so much of our life actually.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Dante, Where have you been dude? Haven't heard anything from you in a while.

either way, since we are shamelessly promoting our own videos, check this out when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join