It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think they believe their own lies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just a general poll here. Do you think the 911 deniers on here believe their own lies, or do you think they say one thing on here, but know deep down (or not so deep down) that what they try to push are just lies?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Liars are gonna lie and deceivers will always deceive so its best to do your own research then to follow what the crowd says. They know who they are and they will pay for it someday.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

So who are they?

I think the liars lie because they have to. It all began as a lie, and now there is no way back. They know they are lying..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Personally I don't care about who did it, but they have let it happen, because it's the biggest fear factory they have created in the US since a long time, and the path to more war, fear, pain and suffering is the only one they seem to know.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Grey Magic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think it is a little of both - the liars know they are lying, but they believe part or some of what they are saying. If you keep saying the same thing over and over again, won't you start to believe your own lies?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think you need to be a bit more specific about who 9/11 "deniers" are.
Do you mean those who deny the official story or those who deny the evidence that says otherwise?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Just a general poll here. Do you think the 911 deniers on here believe their own lies, or do you think they say one thing on here, but know deep down that what they try to push are just lies?

Nah. Probably not, but maybe.

Just a general answer, since the question contains no actual details, about anything at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
No. Not at all. A believer believes in what they believe in. Whether in denial or conditioned or really believe. Doesn't matter. It's an honest emotion.

Now, those who know something is a lie....they don''t believe in it per se. They're simply peddling it.

People who believe in the official story of 9-11 truly believe what they were told. They are usually men and women who don't question authority and have an automatic built in respect system in regards to their leaders (whereas, respect is earned. Not given)

Now, as a politician telling a lie pretending he/she believes it ......is a whole other ball game (in fact, a whole other species). They were BORN to be dubious and deceitful. They really don't know better. It's in their DNA.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In my opinion the motive that people believe what they believe is in most cases not motivated by evidence or science but by other things. I don't think most people lie about their believes, but I do think most people are wrong at least in some stuff they firmly believe in (likely including me, although I don't have a faith nor a strong ideological or political preference).

Concerning conspiracies in general, I think this clip video gives a nice explanation: www.youtube.com... . So its not lies but there are psychological reasons that people believe all kind of things that do not make much sense to most other people.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They very well could believe their own lies. What does that mean for humanity? When utterly corrupt world leaders (deceiving everyone) are running the world, something has to change, it's only a matter of when. It's a rubber band that's been stretched too far.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can't speak for everyone but I'm honest about my beliefs. Like the enormous majority of people I've never seen anything to convince me that 9/11 was an inside job.

I know Truthers believe everything they write about because it's a faith-based stance. You need the conpiracy and so you'll do anything to support it, including believing things that are self-evidently wildly improbable.

Just watched the programme on UK tv about Charlie Veitch and his truther pals. Watching some of them try to maintain their hilarious views under the pressure of logic and fact was very entertaining. Staring at the floor, shuffling their feet, insisiting that white was black in the face of calm reassurance that no, actually it's not.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think you need to be a bit more specific about who 9/11 "deniers" are.
Do you mean those who deny the official story or those who deny the evidence that says otherwise?

This is a very good question/point. Additionally, the "liars - lie' and ''believers - believe" can apply equally to both sides - whether either side wants to admit/believe it or not.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
In my opinion the motive that people believe what they believe is in most cases not motivated by evidence or science but by other things.

So what motivated you to claim to be an electrical engineer? Just curious seeing as we are talking about people believing what they claim. Do you believe you are an electrical engineer?

Just read a few pages of this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/8/2011 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It is called a diploma. It is a certificate that people receive who finished their education. You can ask people in your neighborhood if you want to see one.
edit on 8-9-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
reply to post by ANOK

It is called a diploma. It is a certificate that people receive who finished their education. You can ask people in your neighborhood if you want to see one.
edit on 8-9-2011 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

You sure have a nice collection of diplomas
Maybe you want to seek help to deal with that "eternal student syndrome".

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I was feeling the same kind of confusion. So many groups are lying these days I wondered which set were being referred to

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Very true about politicians!!! I think we should make all politicians submit to karmatic retribution by passing a law that any public official winning a re election for a second term (of any office) should have to serve a mandatory year in prison just on general principle

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I don't think one diploma makes a collection. But if you want to believe it does, then who am I to stop you. I would not say you willingly believe in a lie, but I would say you are not completely sane.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think the initial question is biased. It assumes that one or the other is absolutely correct in their claims.

It is quite obvious that humans have an amazing ability to believe what they want to (subconsciously). They may not even know it half the time. Sometimes it is because it fills a void, other times it satisfies a feeling of betrayal.

It is for this reason that I often stress the NEED for everyone to remove emotional bias from their standpoint on 9/11. If you are feeling a hatred for your government, then your mind has been compromised. Equally, if you feel a reverence and respect for your government, you are also compromised. You must take an approach which says "I do not know what happened for certain," and then work off of the facts. Absolutely NO assumptions can be allowed in science unless they are founded on reasonable past events. If the past event being used to make an assumption is not similar enough, then it cannot be used. Simple as that.

But, I guess I'm crazy for having been in 4th grade when 9/11 happened. Never was emotional about much, and I wasn't emotional about that day, however tragic it was for the American people. As such, I like to imagine that I am a little less biased, because I hold no automatic beliefs about the government or the physics of that day. The government is made up of people, and is not some mystical hive of evil. Similarly, physics can be tested, and should be. It cannot be assumed that any outcome is impossible.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

So when you are debating people here, are you trying to convince them of what you think is the truth, or are you trying to convince yourself, that what you have been told by the mass media, maybe even your parents, is the truth?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join