It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i created a levitating aluminum model replica of the Bob Lazar 'Sport Model'

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Hi, there! Is the board under the saucer magnetic?
Cool desing. Looks pretty neat!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
absolutely fabulous. a star for you, amd a suggestion. perhaps could this be made into a diy kit. i love to assemble electronic kit and others do as well.. or possibly some plans of the electronics for sale with the electronics as a option. i would love to make a scene with my own base from ho model bases like rail road type stuff to build a army base
with some soldiers and the floating ufo...

you have a really outstanding idea and i hope to see it online soon. either way i have plans to buy one of these when you offer them..

thank you very much for sharing this with us.

robert in lousiana

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rwguessjr

you can get these from china all day long, this guy didn't invent this, his contribution is the little aluminum saucer he had made for him. It is unethical to take someone else's invention and let people think you invented it sir.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1336454058&sr=8-2
edit on 8-5-2012 by Walternate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Walternate

It's like a record.
Artists didn't need to invent it to make the music good.
edit on 8-5-2012 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

It's like a record.
Artists didn't need to invent it to make the music good.
edit on 8-5-2012 by derpif because: (no reason given)
Sure, as log as Weird Al Yankovic doesn't start letting people think he created the record player.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

you are clearly an ignorant individual if you think Fascinations made this. they are a US wholesaler and don't make ANY of the things they sell. i am still working with both inventors and have increased float height (unladen) to 45mm. i am PERSONALLY INVOLVED in the development of this levitation base and UFO model.

you, sir, are a troll. with absolutely no knowledge of anything regarding this project - you have posted incendiary comments on my thread. if you had any decency - you'd retract your cancerous statements and apologize. i don't think you do and won't expect as much.

---

for those of you interested, here is where this project stands as of 5-20-12:

i have worked very hard to increase the float height without increasing the base size or thickness too much. currently, the base is 170x220x20mm. we currently have an unladen float height of 45-47mm with a carrying capacity of 400g+ whereas the original base had an unladen float height of 25mm and carrying capacity of 400g+. that is a 20mm increase which may not seem like a big deal but is actually a HUGE deal in terms of the science and physics involved.

this was accomplished, in part, by going to an all neodymium magnet design. the problem with neo magnets is that they are considerably more expensive and the market/price is dynamic. however, performance is more important to me than price.

the ONLY other company *in the world* who can claim 45mm float height in a similar-sized base is Crealev Technologies. i have contacted them about the price of their base and they responded with this:

Thank you for you interest in our levitation technology.

The CLM-2 is our biggest levitation unit, which can hold up a weight up to
10Kg with a levitation height of 30-90 mm.
It costs 4800 Euro (delivery 4-6 weeks).

Our smaller levitation unit is the CLM-1+ which can hold up a weight up to
1Kg with a levitation of between 18-44 mm.
The CLM-1+ costs 480 Euro (delivery time within 2 weeks).

Our lamps are sold via the webshop on our website: www.floating-lamps.com
Both the "Silhouette" as the "Eclipse" cost Eur 980.

All prices are EX Works, and from 10 units onwards we offer a discount of 20%.
For quantities above 250 there is a 50% rebate.
We are based in Eindhoven in the Netherlands.
Shipment and handling for CLM-1+ (up to 3 pcs) costs 50 Euro.
Shipment and handling for the CLM-2 varies between 100-200 Euro.

so, for the CLM-1+ that is about $675 USD (incl. s&h according to today's currency conversion for the Euro) for ONE base if i used their system. this price does not include the custom-machined aluminum UFO.

-

i believe my custom base system will cost less than a third of that amount. i am trying to keep the entire price (incl. UFO) to around $300 but the neo magnet prices are predicted to go up 15% in the next 2 months and another 10% in the following 2-3 months (according to my manufacturer). my profit margin is ridiculously small as it is and i wouldn't be able to absorb that high of an increase. neo prices last May were 2x higher than they are now (they came back down in Feb) but now they are going up again...

the UFO has been refined to perfection and i have a lovely 3D printed plastic version here. the expensiveness of the UFO is based on primarily two things:

1 - machining it out of a solid block of aluminum
2 - etching the 'port holes' on a 4 axis CNC

sure - i could make cheap plastic discs or stamped non-ferrous metal ones, but they would compromise the integrity of the piece and look like crap. when you hold this machined disc in your hands - it screams QUALITY. then to see it silently levitate over a sleek gloss black acrylic base as high as it does - that is MAGIC.

sorry this is taking so long, but i am trying to get one more major refinement done to the bases before i can go to Kickstarter with the project. the thing is - i am coordinating with people all over the globe and am at their mercy regarding time they have available to work on their contributions to this project. this base has gone through about 11 revisions to get where it is today, and the UFO has gone through nearly as many. i am very happy to say that it is worth the wait and effort. it is truly magical.

for those interested - stay tuned.

- Hyde
edit on 20-5-2012 by h4y6d2e because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So are you saying yours is different and better because you use slightly stronger magnets?
Here's mine:

www.shop-mall.co.uk...
edit on 20-5-2012 by jamdan because: scientific innovation

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
So are you saying yours is different and better because you use slightly stronger magnets?
Here's mine:

www.shop-mall.co.uk...
edit on 20-5-2012 by jamdan because: scientific innovation

that link of yours shows the cheap chinese knock-off of the Levitron. the top is about 1" in diameter and stays afloat for a few seconds. yay. not even in the same league as this base and i know that you don't know this because if you did you wouldn't have posted such a ridiculous response.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My response is no less ridiculous than any other on ATS chum. You are using strong magnets instead of weak ones. And what is more at £6.81 my flying saucer levitates in at an absolute bargain. I love it. I can stare at it all day. It's hypnotic.
edit on 20-5-2012 by jamdan because: miniscule yet inexcusable spelling mistake

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Honestly, this guy with his little floating ufo is kind of a jerk. I wouldn't pay ten dollars for it if I knew he was getting ten cents from it.
If your invention is so much better than the others out there why don't you get a patent? Oh yeah, because you didn't invent it right?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Honestly, this guy with his little floating ufo is kind of a jerk. I wouldn't pay ten dollars for it if I knew he was getting ten cents from it.
If your invention is so much better than the others out there why don't you get a patent? Oh yeah, because you didn't invent it right?

you're entitled to your opinion of me. forum rules prevent me from expressing my opinion of you.

fact: i never claimed to be the inventor of the base technology but have stated repeatedly that i work with the actual inventors and patent holders and have co-created a new base design *with them* that carries more weight at a substantially higher float height.

fact: i never stated i owned the disc design but have repeatedly stated that bob lazar, himself, had given his approval of this project and is impressed with the results, and may sign a few bases when the project goes live.

fact: there are a number of ignorant people who have attempted to spread misinformation by posting their ignorant quips in this thread. if left unchecked, people new to this thread who haven't taken the time to read all 18 pages or contact me personally may end up actually believing what these clowns are saying. i'd much rather lose a potential sale to a detractor like you than let the ignorant trolls of this forum continue to misinform the newbs.

fact: there are other maglev bases out there, made by the same manufacturer and sold by many different retailers like Fascinations. in fact, there are currently only *3* maglev base manufacturers IN THE WORLD. i've been purchasing various models directly from the inventors, themselves, since 2009 for R&D on this and other projects. none of the commercially available bases are strong enough to levitate an aluminum saucer. they are made cheaply out of cheap parts to maximize profit for the retailer.

THIS IS A CUSTOM BASE DESIGN MADE SPECIFICALLY TO LEVITATE A 6" ALUMINUM UFO THAT WEIGHS ≤ 400g AT A MAXIMUM FLOAT HEIGHT THAT CURRENT MAGLEV TECHNOLOGY WILL ALLOW IN THIS SIZE OF BASE.

i can't make it any more plain than that. not a single one of you can replicate the performance of this custom base design with ANY of the commercially available units you are finding on the internet. even the Crealev system can't do it because their levitation platform is 124mm and wouldn't even remotely fit inside of the UFO.

i am done responding to this thread. all the pertinent information about the project has been said. i will make a separate post on ATS and a few other forums when the project goes live and is available for purchase for those interested. i can tell you this - Hunter S. Thompson's statement of 'anything worth doing is worth doing right' is in full force here.

this is a PERFECT 1/104 scale replica of the Bob Lazar/Jon Farhat/Testors 'Sport Model' UFO machined from solid aluminum. it levitates over a custom-designed maglev base significantly higher than ANY commercially available bases out there (and most commercially available maglev bases do not have the magnetic strength to levitate the aluminum disc at all). nothing more. nothing less. take it or leave it. i didn't make it to get rich. i made it because *i* wanted one, and if a few like-minded people who care about quality and craftsmanship want one too, well - i'm trying to make that happen. this is a quality and performance-driven piece, not a profit-driven one.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

All I said was that you are kind of a jerk and you have just proven me right.
Good luck with your toy saucer.

ps: stop sending me U2 messages telling me to fk off.

edit on 20-5-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Great work my friend!! I take it you & those involved have put many pain staking hours into this project.. Well done; respect!!

I have just one problem here: why are you referring to Bob Lazar? Bob Lazar is full of Shiite & I don't understand why you're lowering yourself to this crap! Why?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Great work my friend!! I take it you & those involved have put many pain staking hours into this project.. Well done; respect!!

I have just one problem here: why are you referring to Bob Lazar? Bob Lazar is full of Shiite & I don't understand why you're lowering yourself to this crap! Why?

Bob Lazar came up with the Sport Model shape.

The OP has built a great prototype that actually works.

I hope he sells the floating saucer along with "They're Here" posters 36" X 24".

I would buy them both.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by h4y6d2e

Bob Lazar came up with the Sport Model shape.

The OP has built a great prototype that actually works.

I hope he sells the floating saucer along with "They're Here" posters 36" X 24".

I would buy them both.

Prototype? you do realize it is just a silly aluminum saucer that sits on a magnet that is suspended above an electromagnet base right?
Iswear some people are so easily impressed.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

The prototype works.

When he opens his online store this - Sport Model - will sell like hotcakes.

Why are you attempting to belittle a capitalist?

---------
Everybody loves gravity defying demonstrations.

edit on 22-5-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Looking forward to when these go on sale. Also all of the flack you are catching from other members is making me want one even more

Just curious, if you were to leave this plugged in for, say, a whole day, what sort of energy consumption are we looking at?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
the fact that the op claims to have "created" a levitating aluminum model makes me sick. in no way did he create anything here.

he is replicating things other people have ACTUALLY created and now sounds like he is trying to profit off of it.

so feel free to waste your money on this guys stolen "work". I will laugh at the idiot who spends $500 on this model.
edit on 23-5-2012 by tempesillest because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

He has created a very high quality clone.

Why are you whining about it?

I wish him success.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join