It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by EvanB

No they're no, you need to read a book mate. (Or even just watch the news....).

for example, difference between the coalition and Labour:

Labour wanted to continue borrowing and pay off our debt incredibly slowly.
Coalition favours paying it all off a s quickly as possible.

The essential distinction between the two sectors of british politics is that one favours maintaining the status quo and lowering taxes, the other favours expensive social programs paid for by borrowing.

The simularities between the parties are more to cater to people like you who don't bother looking at policies and don't read manifestos.

===>Not that I care whos in either way, but you can be sure that we wouldnt have sold off all our gold at the lowest price in twenty years under the tories. That said I do like the Coalition, it seems a bit more democratic even if it isn't.
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: clarrification

They only SEEM to be different flavours but they all play to the crowd and in private are best friends.

There has not been one government that has not carried on the programs of the previous. This government excuse for doing this is that it is bound by legal dictates to do so.

That is total crap.

The people have given them a mandate to go against those legal dictates and change them.

The rule of law only exists because the people will it and can also change it if they will.

The government therefore works against the will of the people thus has become a hostile entity, which, under the magna carta we are duty bound to rebel against.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
so if most of the country feels the same as we do why does nobody do anything about it, and what could they do anyway?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
so if most of the country feels the same as we do why does nobody do anything about it, and what could they do anyway?

The best way to kill a system is to stop feeding it.

If everyone stopped going to work, stopped paying taxes, ignored their rules, refused to acknowledge their authority I think that it would wither away like the wicked witch on the wizard of oz.

But as some have pointed out. People are too dependant on the system, too brainwashed by it or too fearful and dumb to act.

The dumbing down of the education system went a long way too acheive that.

Cant have a bright and clever population waking up to their bullcrap can we??

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
YOU want change .. then dont vote, its that simple, say it again DONT VOTE, in local elections, and major ones, when the poll count drops drastically then that will be the time for people to take note, until then it will continue..
say it one final time, dont vote ..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by EvanB

Absolute rubbish, the current government have their hands well and truely tied due to the size of the defacit left by 13 years of Labour overspending.

You ought to thank your lucky stars that this government got in otherwise we would be queuing up at the line for the IMF ready to ask for a handout.

Exactly.

Not sure how it is people view things anymore. I suppose when money runs out, they just assume they can borrow and borrow endlessly with no repercussions.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You suggest a revolution on the basis of what? We are not in poverty, we are not starving, we are not subject to wars or natural disasters, we are not under oppression. You base it on the fact that we cannot afford to buy a house? GET REAL! there are starving children in Africa for christ sake.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkykeka
YOU want change .. then dont vote, its that simple, say it again DONT VOTE, in local elections, and major ones, when the poll count drops drastically then that will be the time for people to take note, until then it will continue..
say it one final time, dont vote ..

or better yet, all vote for the under dog, next election everyone vote for the 'raving mad looney party' or whatever it is, lol

to be honest a trained chimp could probably do better than any PM then we have had in the past couple of decades

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
You suggest a revolution on the basis of what? We are not in poverty, we are not starving, we are not subject to wars or natural disasters, we are not under oppression. You base it on the fact that we cannot afford to buy a house? GET REAL! there are starving children in Africa for christ sake.

Dont use the term "we"

Just because you may not be "starving" does not mean nobody else here is suffering, which they plainly are..

YOU are not the experience of the whole country so use the singular of your own life.

FYI

There are many drowning in this country and its going to get worse, there are starving and poor here too, just like africa, yet you are so enamoured with your own life to see the plight of those on your own doorstep.

Easy to ignore hey?

I would not keep ignoring them or you may find your entire lifes work taken by them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

me thinks hes probably upper-middle class and sulking because the recession meant he had to give up his second car.. boohooo

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11

We are also not truly free, not democratic, no longer sovereign, no longer unified, we have had our culture and heritage stolen, our land and industry given away.

Yes, people in Africa are starving. But we have fallen quicker and further in the last 50 years than Africa has. It's all relative. Are you saying we're not allowed to revolt until we've fallen so far that we're on par with the poorest, hungriest, most corrupt nations in the world? Because let me tell you - that's exactly what the Globalists want: universal squalor.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Just wanted to say how much your post, and each since, encapsulated our plight for me. The only think I'd disagree on is that we don't require a total abandonment of England - we require the most passionate patriots to stand up and be counted. I'm tempted to move halfway across the world, but I won't betray my ancestors until it's absolutely necessary.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Drowning?
How old are you dude?

I live in one of the most deprived areas of the UK and it is in noway as bad as it was in the early 80s!
There's no burned out cars on the street for starts...

Just don't understand how you think it's that bad, what are you comparing it too?
How big is your TV?
You have a computer and the internet.

Get real!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
England should find a English version of Ron Paul or Alex Jones and have an intellectual revolution. A physical revolt will just bring in the provacateurs and wild looters. Maybe work on getting rid of the royal family instead of groveling at their feet every time they wheel out some zombie to get married to a future murder victim.

Why would we want a Ron Paul or an Alex Jones? Seriously, why would we and seeing as neither holds much central power now (actually none) what does that statement actually mean? Your definition of intellectual and mine has got a chasm like difference in it. The fact you are making that statement though seems to suggest you believe your own country is in the #hit doesn't it?

Which zombie has been wheeled out? Who are you referring to as a future murder victim? Do you believe either statement actually has any value or just dropping in to talk random nonsense?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Join the Zeitgeist movement people and wake up with a new motivation for change.

It's not hard or difficult - and it's not a crazy communist plot either.

Things don't need to stay as they are - and politics certainly isn't the answer....

Oh and for those in the know - your red and black friends are going to be very active this Autumn.

The Revenant.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
People have such a short term view of the world that it worries me. Truly it does.

This is all part of the Labour-Tory Cycle.

Labour come in for a while, introduce massive social projects like the NHS or Working Tax credit, and then get ousted when it's revealed that there's no money left in the kitty.

Then the tories come in and bring the economy up to a self sustaining level until they're ousted when it's revealed that they're a little bit evil.

Then labour come in ad spend all that money on happy projects.
Then the evil tories come in and get us back to a self sutaining level.

If you want a revolution go take the Isle of Wite and declair independance

(Otherwise, just think how many people in the DON'T want a revolution before you make blanket statements)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
People have such a short term view of the world that it worries me. Truly it does.

This is all part of the Labour-Tory Cycle.

Labour come in for a while, introduce massive social projects like the NHS or Working Tax credit, and then get ousted when it's revealed that there's no money left in the kitty.

Then the tories come in and bring the economy up to a self sustaining level until they're ousted when it's revealed that they're a little bit evil.

Then labour come in ad spend all that money on happy projects.
Then the evil tories come in and get us back to a self sutaining level.

If you want a revolution go take the Isle of Wite and declair independance

(Otherwise, just think how many people in the DON'T want a revolution before you make blanket statements)

Lets have a referendum on a revolution lol

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by Swanfilters

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Swanfilters

To be honest I hate the obsession with labelling and pigeon holing things and people but you appear to give me no alternative.

In that one post you display all the generalised characteristics of 'the southerner' I mentioned in my post.

What annoys me most is that all of us English are pre-judged on the arrogant, stereotypical 'southerner' you apparently represent.

If it wasn't for your northern inferiority complex, your constant moaning and lack of any understanding of what life down south is actually like, I wouldn't have to point you out as the jealous northerner you are.

The most productive thing to come out of the north was Fred Dibnah, not only was he ancient and now dead, he was much better looking than any northern bird I have seen.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

Fred was a dear family friend...He wasn't ancient he was 66 when he died..
I take it you never saw his halfhisage6foottallblondewife before you made that idiotic statement.
I should send his dog on you...It doesn't like weasels & ferrets.

I should have guessed you all knew eachother. All related too no doubt. I've got a really nice heavy shovel...it hates northern mutts.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

Ah, ok. I was about to respond properly and then noticed you've only been on the site a few days. Enjoy your time trolling, people will soon learn to ignore you with that attitude.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

We're printing Libyan money because we have one of the best mints in the world, and are able to produce large bodies of cash which is VERY difficult to forge, in very little time.
We also mint Euros in the UK.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good luck with that they have been in control of not only you're country but the Western world. If you even pose a real threat they will not think twice in making you the enemy of the peole. If you really believe you can fight them then spread the message. And do not let their media portray you as rioter.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
It amazes me at the selfish and ignorance of those calling for a revolution.

They are worse then the Elite. They are do nothings, except moaning and encouraging anarchy without actually doing anything constructive to resolve the issues they are complaining about. I'd be surprised if they even bother to vote.

We have a democracy, we can all put ourselves forward to make a change, yet these people won't. Why?

Where are you on the ballot box? Where are your crowds of supporters? Where is your manifesto?

No, I guess in some peoples eyes, you get a puncture on your bike, blow it up and get a new one hey?

The ballot box is smoke and mirrors. Whoever we vote in carries on the programs of the previous.

Whilst this system is still in place and fed,nothing will change no matter who you vote for.

In an earlier post you mentioned the guilded lifestyle of the poor of this country.

You obviously have no clue what its like to go without in the UK. I have gone days without food many times and have been without basic neccessaties many times too. Heating, shelter etc. Yes in this land where the poor are rich... Bollocks!...

This country has become a guilded prison, however after many years of crap the guilding is comming off the bars off the cage to reveal that underneath it was always rotten wood.

Your posts are extremely confusing. Why do you think the UK is any different to anywhere else? You then say you know that foreign workers in Saudi are mis treated but what can you do about that when you will be going to work there as a Brit knowing you (probably) won't suffer the same mis treatment!!!! Are both of your faces looking at the monitor when you type this rank hypocrisy?

When you go to Saudi, see if you can stomach the courage to spend some time with people who ARE used by the local government. See what rights ARE denied members of society based on their sex, sexual orientation or religion. But of course, if you are skanking a decent wage, not your issue is it? You don't even see the irony in your post do you?

Sorry you are so full of self pity that you don't think the best way to deal with something that needs mending is to be part of the solution (please don't now say how many years you have valiantly worked away to help society but now realise it's too broken, I won't believe that), but I hope you get a good tan.

Oh, don't go doing any kissing in public while your over there, you may find out what a REAL despotic society is like.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join