It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

There are indeed, but there aren't a great deal that class themselves as British. Believe me, I know loads who class themselves as everything other than British. The bottom line is the only people I see oppressed in this country are White British workers, or truly speaking, White English workers. I'm not against anyone on skin colour, there are Brits who come in many colours, there are those born abroad that are more English than most English. However, to my disgust there are too many that class themselves and their children who have never been to the country of several generations back origin, but class themselves from that country. That to me is disrespectful to the country where you are born, live and benefit from. If I was born in another country and grew up there, that would be my country, if I didn't like it and had links to my "home" country, I would leave and live there. On top of that, I have experienced the amount of benefits and organisations and help you can get purely aimed towards not just non-British nationals but non-white British nationals and I find it disturbing! So race does come in to it as unfortunate as that is.

I never used to think like this. Honestly, it wasn't until I started working in government and public sector that I got to experience the reality and the reality is awful. Where before I would say anyone who wants to come here and work, please do and welcome workers from all over. Now its close the borders and send anyone who is not from here and not in employment back and lets get our own people in to paid employment! Unfortunately, race does come in to it in a way, I wish it didn't, but it is not as one sided as so many think! I'm hoping for a time when everyone born here will say that they are British or better still, English or Welsh or Scottish, but I'm not holding my breath!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

I get your point. I'm not the ogre you probably thought I was. My issue is with those who don't want to get off the dole. Sure, I totally support helping people out when they need it, but it shouldn't be for their entire lives, and multiple generations. That's just "takin' the piss" as you Brits put it.

There are a LOT of factors that go into the problems. High taxes and regulations drive businesses to China or other countries. That's a fact. Why would a government continue to impose high taxes and draconian regulations, if they know it's hurting the people? MONEY! Money from the groups who have a stake in it going bad (like unions, for example). Now, don't get me wrong, I don't "hate" unions. I just feel they've had their time. Most private sector jobs provide vacation, holidays, 8 hour work days, health insurance, etc. This is all a result of the unions of the 1930's to 1950's. Nothing good has come from the unions since, other than unsustainable benefits that ultimately destroy the future of the companies. In time, I'm sure the unions will be needed again, but I view them as a negative force today. The allow lazy people to stay employed without any fear of losing their jobs because of bad performance. Then, you get the abysmal education system. So, the uneducated kids don't get jobs, because they're morons. The kids blame the "evil corporations", and the cycle begins again.

Like I said, there are a lot of factors, and changing one or two won't make much difference. It's almost like the entire planet needs a "reboot". We're staring at the blue screen of death and wondering what the IRQ_EQUAL_OR_LESS_THAN error means. HA!

Glad you stand up for them. Although we may disagree on some things, I believe our goal is ultimately the same. Debate is good, and listening to the other side is also productive. We all have opinions, and those opinions are based off of our own personal life experience. Your life experience is different than mine, so we see things from a different perspective (perspective, an interesting word, and when used in this context it's spot on). Anyway, enjoy your day. I'd best get to work so I can earn my CEO another yacht or $40-million mansion, next door to his other mansion, because he doesn't like the neighbors trees. (you should be able to figure out where I work from those clues) HA!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

There are indeed, but there aren't a great deal that class themselves as British. Believe me, I know loads who class themselves as everything other than British.

You seriously ask them if they feel British?

Maybe they are being sarcastic with you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I'd just like to clear something up about the tuition fees in scotland , I work for student loans company , admittedly not he greatest job , but it pays the bills !

Anyways students studying in scotland are facing the same price hikes , my maw works for edinburgh uni and an students studying there can expect to pay £27,000 in fees.

Scotland are doing the same , dont think they arent , we are charging far more for fees than before.

As for the oil , as far as I was aware thatcher sold the oil fields to foreign companies for the cash payout , so no one in britain , scotland inlcuded actually benefitted from that !

My biggest annoyance with the government in regards to the education sector , is not the price increases in fees throughout the land , its the cutting of funding to "non essential" courses. Of course the idiot government dont realise some of the non essential courses are the driving factors in industry in the UK .

For instance I studied graphic design , a creative industry , the government are cutting funding to the creative industry courses , which are a major contributor to the wealth of businesses in the UK , take for example the games industry , now within the next few years it will dwarf any other industry , however no one will be able to learn anything in this field as all courses have been dropped or scrapped
edit on 31-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Yes there's a whole lot of hype about how well the Scottish 'government' are doing - don't believe it. Not only is the whole student charges thing a myth - but so is the free care for the elderly. They're very good at populist head lining policies - but ask any Scottish mp or public servant about attracting economic investment and, these days, I don't think they'd even know what you are talking about.

One in three of Glasgow's working age population is NOT working and one in four who do work in Scotland are employed in the public sector. Alcohol and drug problems are consequently endemic - but all the druggies do create jobs. (social workers, rehab workers, project workers etc)

If anything I'd say the corruption is worse in Scotland simply by virtue of its relatively small population. The 'old boy network' here is small, extremely tight knit and has had the same individuals in place for decades....because they do their masters' bidding.

To all those in England reckoning its time for revolution - don't forget us up here just yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
They priced our kids out of further education.

They watched the country become bursting at the seams with every waif and stray on the planet, creating huge unemployment, stress on the NHS, housing and public services.

They stoodbye as people up to the age of 37 are now outpriced of gaining a home.

Fuel at £1.37 a litre, food is double it was last year, public transport especially trains are for wealthy elite, 20% VAT, council tax, road tax, income tax, stamp duties, inheritance tax, corperation tax.. Price of heating our homes is going up a staggering 32%!!!

Winter is coming

The government just laugh and watch and preside over the death of this country, the suffering of its citizens, and send our money abroad on wars, and ego driven charitable donations to "poor" countries that have space and nuclear programs!

I could go on and on, but I see no way out it.

Welcome to the same boat were in.

Love you, from U.S.A.!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanfilters
The armed forces would get onside if the government pushes them too far, you only have to read the forums and encyclopaedia section of the ARRSE (Army Rumour Service-unofficial voice of serving and ex army personnel) to see what they think of our leaders. Either way, any revolution should separate England from the rest of the UK. We get the worst deal, pay the most taxes and take the most abuse out of any nation on this island, it's time we pulled out and watched the Scottish and Welsh big talk come crashing down to the reality of the situation - they are NOTHING without England.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

Actually to get away from people like you I would gladly take indepencdance. You have no idea what your taking about. All three would be screwed without the others.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

I thought so

Alex Salmond has realy done a number on both sides of the border in terms of perpetuating that myth and allowing resentment to grow because of it.

Maybe its time for us, the Jocks and the Taffs to wake up to the fact that those borders only exist on maps and that we all share this beautiful island.

link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Why would I ask them when they openly say it? It's not about feeling British, its about what's been drummed in to them from birth by their parents and family. It's acceptable for the rest of the world to have National Identity and pride, if we have its far right extremism lol.

Anyway, as I have said, it's not their fault, none of this. The government from the end of WW2 to this point, a mixture of Conservative, Labour and the rest, all of them have one thing in common. They all made decisions not on what is best for the country, but is best for themselves.

I guess now there is only really one thing to say on this topic. No point crying over spilt milk, no pun intended of course.

link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I hate to say it - but we beat you guys to this one. I'd invite you to any ex industrial town in Scotland and welcome you to your future. If you want to hear examples of lack of education in their full glory - go into a Glasgow chatroom.

BTW - I DO hold the system responsible for this. They took potential opportunity and ambition out of peoples' lives decades ago and replaced it, for our young people, with ecstasy, coke and hash....oh....and really really cheap booze.

edit on 31-8-2011 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
UK on the Brink of Civil War and here’s why.

• Parents who have not brought their children up to respect law and order and other worldly values.

• Feral youths with who refuse to work and live on state hand-outs and believe that being a celebrity is a vocation in life. The previous government positively created this culture giving money away to anyone who couldn’t be bothered to find a job.

• Multi-culturism has failed with Muslims refusing to integrate in to British life by not speaking English and trying to enforce Sharia law

• Corrupt politicians who illegally claim false expenses. What kind of message does that send out to everyone else?

• People not able to protect their property and loved ones with the use of force in case they hurt or injure their assailants

• Bankers still getting massive bonuses while everybody else is struggling to pay their bills

• The Police are not able to miss-handle prisoners in case it harms their human rights. The human rights bill is a complete joke and doesn’t help anybody.

• The Military involved in a war that can never be won and their actions are not appreciated by those they are trying to protect.

• The UK government still giving large cash hand-outs to allegedly poor countries even though we are struggling to pay our debts.

• The Russians making billions out of selling us over priced domestic gas

• Every ‘Great’ British company now owned by foreigners especially our Football clubs

• A weak coalition government that is totally split and is still not listening to the people.

God help us, no wonder there are riots in the streets.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Um... which government are you on about here? because the coalition hjas only been in a year, and the reason everything is #ed is because we've had 10 years of labour trying to buy their way out of trouble,,,

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by EvanB

Um... which government are you on about here? because the coalition hjas only been in a year, and the reason everything is #ed is because we've had 10 years of labour trying to buy their way out of trouble,,,

So you buy that each successive government was different then?

Wake up mate

They are all the same, each carrying on the program of the previous.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by asl911
• Multi-culturism has failed with Muslims refusing to integrate in to British life by not speaking English and trying to enforce Sharia law

How is that ANY different to Jewish law wihich is practiced in the Jewish community in the UK?
news.bbc.co.uk...

Deny ignorance, and stop looking for an easy scape goat!It's not like the US where we just shipped slaves over and forced them to intergrate, these people have chosen to be here and in most cases have been here less than 2 generations (in many cases less than one). Give it 50 years and they'll be full intergrated and our society will be all the richer for it.

(Added to which the Muslim community opens a # load of business in the UK, filling otherwise empty shops and buildings how is that a bad thing?)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by asl911

Delete all other replies and read this response. It hits the nail on the head with a hammer of truth, rather than our government that hits the same old rusty nail with the heads of every British worker, past and present!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

No they're no, you need to read a book mate. (Or even just watch the news....).

for example, difference between the coalition and Labour:

Labour wanted to continue borrowing and pay off our debt incredibly slowly.
Coalition favours paying it all off a s quickly as possible.

The essential distinction between the two sectors of british politics is that one favours maintaining the status quo and lowering taxes, the other favours expensive social programs paid for by borrowing.

The simularities between the parties are more to cater to people like you who don't bother looking at policies and don't read manifestos.

===>Not that I care whos in either way, but you can be sure that we wouldnt have sold off all our gold at the lowest price in twenty years under the tories. That said I do like the Coalition, it seems a bit more democratic even if it isn't.
edit on 31-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: clarrification

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just as a side note.

Just seen on the news that the UK government has printed £1bn worth of Libyan money to give to the revolutionary government..

Wtf??

Why are we printing another countries money??

Surely that is not right?

Does that not scream that this government has globalists pulling their strings?

Maybe we should print money for the US too..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

BRILLIANT POST!

S+F

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunshinesmile
reply to post by DaveNorris

I'd rather have someone in govt that had never been to university but was a decent, honest person. But wouldn't the media have a field day with them if someone like that ever tried to get elected. They'd shoot them down in flames as being unqualified, unsuited, incapable etc.

same here, i think i would rather of had nick griffin in charge than david cameron and his office monkey (nick clegg)
im starting to wonder if the BNP was actually racist or if it was just the media putting us off voting for them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

labour, lib dems and conservatives are just three of many parties.

and there are a few ways that we could get out of the recession quicker without raising taxes by much, its just that they are controversial and people wouldnt vote for a party that suggested them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You know, normally I would agree with your comment of the Police siding with the Government, but this time I don't think they would. Police pensions and their end of service payments are hugely affected buy the cuts .

During the recent riots they called in an extra 16,000 officers from everywhere they could, including those retired (one officer being called whilst in a hospital bed) How demoralising is that? how can they be proud of their job in this situation? the Government should have ring-fenced the Public sector budgets to retain integrity and continue to protect the innocent.

Also, there are the riduculous rules about retaliating in such situations where Police officers do not have a free hand to use their asps without permission? What fools this Government make of its troops, Public sector and people as it cuts resources to the bone yet justifies paying copious amounts of money to the EU on a daily basis. If we came out of the EU payments for one year we could correct a great deal of the problems in this country. If we brought back National Service we would correct more, if only by disencouraging Europeans coming here to avoid their own National Service.

If the Government cannot respect and support those of us that work in the areas that are so necessary to protect the majority from the bored, brainless, bone idle, lazy and dispondant, why would anyone want to side with them?

Personally I think Police Powers made their own protest. Strange how they pulled in 16,000 extra officers...this being the very same number of officers being cut by the Governments idiotic plans. I hope the Government understand that by reducing our troops, Police, Health workers and Fire & Rescue, leaves this country open to attack and rioting......

or is the real point of it all? will they get us so afraid of everything that we will eventually be grateful of a NWO?

Rant over

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join