It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow... England Needs A Revolution...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

My point is that Teesside has a disproportionate number of run down and almost derelict areas and has suffered from serial non-investment for decades.
That is in no way meant as a criticism of the people themselves.

I live as close to Teesside as is possible without being a smoggy myself and have lots of very close friends from various parts of Teesside.

And the same can be said about Tyneside and Wearside and lots of the pit towns and villages.

Mannufacturing, heavy engineering and mines dominated the North East, all have been decimated by successive governments with very little investment following.
When similair things have occurred in other countries then significant central government and EU funding have been given to the areas, very little central government funding or finance has been forthcoming and I am unaware of any EU financed programmes at all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
reply to post by Suspiria

That's more to do with the standard of education rather than the cost.

I've no idea what they teach in schools today so I can't defend something like that.

My point is, we do have free education which is a benefit we take for granted, like many others.

edit on 31-8-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

There is no such thing as a free education. The taxpayers ass gets raped to provide that freeby for every international waif and stray that comes here.

In birmingham schools the white kids are now the minority and English is a second or third language and the kids leave learning nothing about the country but could throw a great Eid bash..

You don't by chance support the BNP do you?

White = British. Bah

Maybe we should ban people from emigrating so not to be hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Totally agree that we have a tonne of benefits, but when they start to go down hill, what are they then? When does that benefit become a burden? When does it cease to be productive? The NHS is a mess, my other half's parents have both been in and out of hospitals for the last 12 months and the care in completely gone, I can't even understand what half the nurses are saying. What make me mad is that friends of ours who are nurses had to go to Australia because there were no nurses jobs for English nurses!!! The NHS itself needs a rise of 8% every year, which means a rise of 4% every year is actually a cut of 4%! Schools are a disgrace with little to no discipline in the classroom and boxes to tick rather than to spend time teaching children (other half a teacher). The Police (Which I worked in various positions within) is an absolute joke, a complete shadow of its former self. The benfits of being unemployed etc are just unreal, it is literally a job title to be classed as unemployed, for many, not all ovbiously, but all the ones that aren't benefitting funny enough are usually the ones made redundant and whom the service was actually orginally set up to help!

We do have benefits, but most of us aren't allowed to have access to them, whether or nor we have contributed all our lives or not! This country is for everything that is negative, everything that is counter productive to what makes a country progress. I can't be the only one who sees that there must be a sinister agenda to this, no government can be that blind, let alone the last three or four!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I would be more than happy to ban any movement on a global scale. I bet you'd find more Brits happier to live here than you currently do!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
So now you agree it's the state keeping everyone down and not the lazy, layabout, good for nothing, poor, uneducated spongers that need to get off their backside and make something of themselves that are the British people?

I blame the modern unions, and the government for a lot of it, and the people share the responsibility. Corporations aren't exempt either. It all starts at the beginning, and both the UK and US have horrible schools, which start the cycle of dependency at a young age. We used to have wood shop, metal shop, auto mechanics in high school in the US. Now, that's been replaced with "English as a second language" classes, and "Me Raza" crap. We recently laid off TRIGONOMETRY TEACHERS and keep English as a second language teachers in my city. What?!?! Isn't being able to speak and read English a REQUIREMENT to become a US citizen? Hmmmmm.

There are a lot of problems, and I think it all stems from politicians not having spines and fearing they will "offend" someone. I like to look at the "seven deadly sins", and I have to say that "greed" is the granddaddy of them all. In fact, I can make a case that all others funnel into greed. That's the true problem. Whether it's a CEO making 700 times what his average employee makes, or someone having more kids than they can afford. It's all greed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

the acrid Teeside smog, that brings back memories.

I agree the North East has historically been ignored by central government for years and there still is a feeling of the North/ South divide, hence why I believe that's the reason why there were no riots in the NE, whilst in the North west we did.

I just don't agree with your description of areas in the North East being akin to post war Britian and before.

There has been major development in all the main cities and surrounding areas there. The North East needs more investment, sure.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Suspiria

That's more to do with the standard of education rather than the cost.

I've no idea what they teach in schools today so I can't defend something like that.

My point is, we do have free education which is a benefit we take for granted, like many others.

There is no such thing as a free education. The taxpayers ass gets raped to provide that freeby for every international waif and stray that comes here.

In birmingham schools the white kids are now the minority and English is a second or third language and the kids leave learning nothing about the country but could throw a great Eid bash..

You don't by chance support the BNP do you?

White = British. Bah

Maybe we should ban people from emigrating so not to be hypocritical.

Dont be a twonk

No not bnp, just making a point of fact about the regional level of education.

And btw it does indeed piss me off when kids are not taught this countries history, culture and achievements but other foriegn cultures are taught and placed over the country they live in..

So yeah it pisses me off!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Mate as soon as you mention anything racial, its easier for those to label than to argue, hence the BNP tag. It's how the brain washing propaganda machine has worked over the years. See my first reply to this topic somewhere on earlier pages in this thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

No, they'd find something to moan about. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
So now you agree it's the state keeping everyone down and not the lazy, layabout, good for nothing, poor, uneducated spongers that need to get off their backside and make something of themselves that are the British people?

I blame the modern unions, and the government for a lot of it, and the people share the responsibility. Corporations aren't exempt either. It all starts at the beginning, and both the UK and US have horrible schools, which start the cycle of dependency at a young age. We used to have wood shop, metal shop, auto mechanics in high school in the US. Now, that's been replaced with "English as a second language" classes, and "Me Raza" crap. We recently laid off TRIGONOMETRY TEACHERS and keep English as a second language teachers in my city. What?!?! Isn't being able to speak and read English a REQUIREMENT to become a US citizen? Hmmmmm.

There are a lot of problems, and I think it all stems from politicians not having spines and fearing they will "offend" someone. I like to look at the "seven deadly sins", and I have to say that "greed" is the granddaddy of them all. In fact, I can make a case that all others funnel into greed. That's the true problem. Whether it's a CEO making 700 times what his average employee makes, or someone having more kids than they can afford. It's all greed.

I agree with a lot of what you say, I just don't point the finger at those "trapped" in the system, rather I point to those at the cause of the problems.
We should be looking to help everyone, those that refuse to help should be left behind.

I know a lot of "good people" trapped on benefits and trapped in the system that really don't want to be through no fault of their own but the system keeps them down, it's not them, it's the system that is wrong.

So sorry if I seem aggressive in defending them but defend them I will.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

We do have benefits, but most of us aren't allowed to have access to them, whether or nor we have contributed all our lives or not! This country is for everything that is negative everything that is counter productive to what makes a country progress. I can't be the only one who sees that there must be a sinister agenda to this, no government can be that blind, let alone the last three or four!
reply to post by SecretFace

And there is the nail hit squarely on the head!

I dont buy that these highly educated people have mistakenly lead us to this point.

Nobody is that dumb surely?

Maybe we are for not seeing through it earlier.

I

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
reply to post by EvanB

Mate as soon as you mention anything racial, its easier for those to label than to argue, hence the BNP tag. It's how the brain washing propaganda machine has worked over the years. See my first reply to this topic somewhere on earlier pages in this thread.

There are Brits born and bred who aren't white. Bringing skin colour into this thread does indeed sound racist.

Fine, mention immigrants, not a problem.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by Swanfilters
Yeah but at least we're not the French.

Considering that the English are generally the ugliest people in the white world, I'd rather be French.

Lol, and where are you based you charmer? Are you basing this on your own looks being inherited from English ancestors?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I heard Richard Hoagland on Coast 2 Coast the other night and he said one of his mates almost got mugged

While going out from their hotel to move their car.

What a drag!!

I've really wanted to come for a visit as I have family from England. But, its such a mess now.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

I've really wanted to come for a visit as I have family from England. But, its such a mess now.

No it's not!!!!

England is FANTASTIC!!!!!

Just don't go to Blackpool.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Don't be mean...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

No it's not!!!!

I love Blackpool, apart from Salford (our American cousins should definetly pencil that into their itinarary on a visit
) its the jewel of the North West!

Blackpool pleasure beech rocks! So does the rock lol

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Don't be mean...

Lol...oops.

You live in Blackpool?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I watch Doc Martin. Great show

That looks like a nice place.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No it's not!!!!

I love Blackpool, apart from Salford (our American cousins should definetly pencil that into their itinarary on a visit
) its the jewel of the North West!

Blackpool pleasure beech rocks! So does the rock lol

I take it you haven't been for a while?

I used to love it.

Not to offend anyone from there but, just drive through very fast and don't stop until you get to the next town.

Btw, Salford is near manchester city centre.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join