It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

I made my bones on dial up. There were no links, no you tube. Just recently sprang for cable internet, high speed. Having fun watching stuff, catching up. After Terral, I was one of the early promoters of all this, but didn't really understand. So here it is; There is a mini solar system coming in to ours. Elenin and her sisters are the farthest ones out like Pluto to our son. Nibiru is at the heart of this system and about 8AU back from Elenin. Nibiru has some closely orbiting bodies. Nibiru's magnetic field has just reached the son. It seems to have about 1/6 the magnetic influence of our own son. It will be able to flip the earth over if it passes close enough. The earth's reaction to Elenin is unknown. Tattoo it on your arm if you have a short memory. Take care.

I dont believe that for one moment

Theres a mini solar system coming into ours...yet...no ones seen it?
8Au = 1,196,782,960km......that 1 billion, 196 million, 782 thousand, 960 km away.

So according to you...theres a planet as large or larger than Jupiter next to Saturn, but no ones seen it?

EDIT: And not only can it not be seen but its effecting cats in someones town....lol
edit on 24-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have 5 cats too, that's Fidgit in my avatar.

Had a quake last night (3.6 San Leandro), they didn't warn me, altho my EARS did, had a ringing all night in the left ear, then an hour before the quake hit at 11:30 pm my right ear rang real loud for over a minute. Mama cat was on my lap and didn't react to the first gentle movement but 2 secs later when the jolt hit she jumped up 5 feet in the air and scooted off under the bed. The other cats were not even fazed.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Excessive water intake = kidney function. Take the cat to a vet and have a baseline bloodwork done. It'll cost you $100. If you rule out that, THEN you can get all weird on us about psychic causes.

Absolutely right! He may be ill...Plus he's getting old and they can get cranky.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am in VA, where the unusual quake happened yesterday. My cat, for hours before the quake, drove me nuts! She wanted in, out, back in , back out....for HOURS! She drove me nuts,,,typically will sleep all day, either on or under my bed. Not yesterday morning, early afternoon....didn't think much of it at the time...just that she was pissing me off...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm in Georgia as well. 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 bunnies and a tortoise all acting quite normal (which means all fighting for attention ). Have snakes too, but they never do anything.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I recently had to leave my cat alone for 24 hours. (With plenty of food, water, toys etc.) Three days since his behavior has been erratic, noisy and naughty. Obviously he disliked my absence and is proving his point by being a constant annoyance. My point is perhaps your cat is responding to a subtle change in it's world, I've noticed this behavior when I've rearranged furniture, even after changing his cat food brand.

It's their attention of detail that makes cats sensitive to natural events, but likewise to mundane things too. Perhaps you should recall any changes in its environment before assuming the world is going to end.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My cat has been acting kind of strange over the last few months. She's grown this refusal to drink water unless it's out of one specific sink in the house. Ditched her water bowl for a running water fountain for pets and she refuses to drink from it. She stopped going outside, we have a large cage built in the backyard with a kitty door built in the window that she's free to go in and out of at her will to get some fresh air and look at the birds. She used to go out a lot, and one day she just stopped and hasn't been outside in months. Very recently I've noticed that she seems to think something is chasing her or attacking her from the ground. It almost looks like she's chasing her tail but she acts very frightened when she does it, like she's trying to run away from something. She'll crouch down low to the ground and freeze for a few seconds, then start to spin in circles while looking at the ground behind her, changing directions till she runs into a wall or loses her balance and then she runs for higher ground, a chair or a shelf or something. I thought it was just a reaction to the minor earthquakes we have in California that nobody really feels because they're too small, but there have been times I've seen her do this where no quakes were reported near the time frame or location, so I don't really know.

She's also recently taken a taste to one particular cat food and completely abandoned the kind she used to eat, where she'll ignore a full dish of it just to pick at the couple of scraps left of the other kind when we run out of it. That's probably unrelated and her just being a picky eater, she's VERY picky about what kind of wet food she'll eat too, but she's just given up a lot of things she used to do normally. The vets have given her a clean bill of health save for a little case of irritable bowel syndrome which we had treated. She started seeming loopy around that time and I thought it was just the meds but it's continued since she's been off them.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry to say my cat just got ran over, someone took her in the wood across the street from my house and stomped on her head to put her out of her misery. But before this, my cat...Pea, she had been wanting to come inside at night, she is an inside outside cat, she did what she pleased...But for the past week before her death the would meow at the door wanting in, wich is very wierd for her...RIP Pea!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Thank you SPW!

I just get my cat Gavy, first time I have pets.

I'm amazed the kind of energy she has, it's 3 months, and yes she is doing everything you said, I live South Ca.

SNC

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

i live on the west coast of the United States, our house contains 2 dogs (one which is mine) and 5 birds. I have not heard anything strange and the dogs have been acting fine, the birds however have seemed more chattery but i chalk that up to just being birds
their annoying so in answer no everything is dandy here

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
you've got a lazy ass cat thats all

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Very few OPs elicit this response from me but - Holy ###!! Pretty awesome theory that provides great food for thought. DEFINITE changes in my two cats of late and I've had them checked by the Vet and ruled out anything medical. Here's the symptomology:

Black/White female 8 year old - Wants to lay on me constantly (not just "by" me but "on" me and she's no thinny minny), overly aggressive toward younger 7 year old companion, stopping dead in her tracks and listening or smelling something in the air, can't seem to settle down for very long, is licking wool blankets, has become a food nudger but then won't eat what she used to gobble, stressed out (finding tufts of hair around the house and excessively cleaning herself) and just looking really unhappy. Oh yeah, shaking her head a lot. Had her checked by Vet - no fleas or ear mites or any other parasites. Thinks she might be depressed but not sure why since there's been no recent changes in her environment or people.

Gray Tabby female 7 years old - Was feral when we found her. Has always been unpredictable and wasn't particularly affectionate (you could pet her when SHE was in the mood and even then, no guarantees she wouldn't be purring one minute and then snapping at you the next). All of the sudden, she's a love bunny. Also being a picky eater - I'll put her food down and stand there silently praying that she takes a lick or two (eating plenty of dry food though so no worries), sleeping with me and MUST be touching me in some way and then disappearing for hours at a time (which isn't surprising given that the other one has been beating her up all the time). Worst of all, she knows when I'm leaving and will do the leg walk and look at me with the saddest eyes.

Bottom line is that my cats have always been...well...typical cats. Very self-sufficient, quite standoffish and totally in control. I'm usually the needy one chasing them around for attention but the roles have definitely reversed these last few months. Vet thinks they might both be depressed and gave me some type of feline hormone spray. One other thing and this is really weird. They are both CONSTANTLY shadow watching over the last few months and it's synchronized so they're definitely watching something concrete (or following some sound) which is inperceivable to me or any other human in the house.

Again, great thread and loved the reference to Mr. Modship. Made me chuckle!!

Timidgal

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Above post also reminded me, mine recently became obsessed with licking the side of the trash can in my bathroom. There's a large trash bag in it that hangs more than halfway down the side and she just starts licking on the plastic trash bag against the side of the can. It bugs me and I try to push her away from it and get her to stop and she gets MAD about this. She'll start by growling to warn me to stop nudging her and when I don't she hisses and swats at me and then goes back to licking. It's really strange, had her for about 4 years and this is new behavior within the last couple months.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am amazed people come to this forum instead of the vet when threir pet bahaves odd. My first choic would always be the vet, I would suspect all the known illnesses instead of Nibiru coming for God's sake!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Two cats, both behaving as normally as cats do which means theyre weirdos.

Although one of them has been behaving in a more frisky manner, not in a sexual way more like the way they behave when spring is around the corner i.e fighting, running circles round himself and being an all round maniac. But I put that down to old age, being a bit senile (cat has lived in this house for 12 years and still gets scared when he goes into another room) and short sighted.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Ficargul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
I am amazed people come to this forum instead of the vet when threir pet bahaves odd. My first choic would always be the vet, I would suspect all the known illnesses instead of Nibiru coming for God's sake!

Hey a******, If you actually READ my Opening post, than you would have seen that i did take him to a vet to see if he had diabeties, they told me nothing was wrong with him, next time why dont you continue to read after 3 lines why dont you?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gargarean

Well I did just get him a catree... Might that be it?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

i have a 8 year old miniature shepherd, and yes she has been acting very strange for more than 6 months now... i don't know what it is, but she is more than usual hanging on my coat tail, i can't go to the bathroom or take a shower without her being right under me, which she's always been quite clingy, she is a dog of course, but here lately it has increased significantly. also, she has been scratching a lot lately, and seems to have nervous problems like never before. i know, she is not a young dog anymore, but she is in good health and has always been slightly above average intelligence for most dogs... she watched me open my screen door a couple times and learned how to jump up and push the lever that released it... i found this out just as she hopped down and nudged the door open...

and my friends cat has always been pretty much a stray, but here lately he has been taking much longer journeys when he is let outside... and he looks rough, like he is giving up, he doesn't clean himself like he used to and he doesn't seem as much of a personality as he used to have... he is 3...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I'm in no way at all saying that this has anything to do with why your cat is acting odd, but it's something I read this morning and your post reminded me of it.

People along the East Coast weren't the only ones to feel the 5.8-magnitude earthquake Tuesday, as zoo animals in Washington, D.C., let it be known they felt the vibrations, zoo officials said. Some of the animals at the Smithsonian’s National Zoological Park even shouted alarm calls or ran up trees seconds before the rest of us felt the shaking.

Zoo Animals Sensed DC Quake Minutes Before it Hit

It was a nice read and kind of reminded me of all the strange acting animals talked about on ATS lately. I'm not actually suggesting that your kitty may be sensing that something is going on though. It's a possibility, I'm sure and I'd never discount it, but being a cat owner myself, I know it's impossible to know what's going on those heads of theirs, lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

very nice
and i agree, i take my dog to the vet for her regular check ups, but of course she is healthy... i would say mother earth is fairly fed up with our dramatic degradation of this planet, that's why she keeps giving us hints by wiping people out in a tsunami, causing an earthquake to make us open our eyes about the dangers of nuclear power (don't get me wrong, i do like my electricity but there are other ways to create it), and raining down hail on my brand new infiniti m45... anyways, i think animals are definitely better at noticing these subtle hints, and they are probably scared for us, because hey! if i'm not around to fill her water bowl and give her a scoop of dog food, then she'll have to hunt for squirrels and whatnots

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join