It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Christian group believes Gov. Perry will lead U.S. to godly government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Forrest Wilder of the Texas Observer appeared on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show to discuss the New Apostolic Reformation, a evangelical Christian group that sees Texas Gov. Rick Perry as their chance to overtake the U.S. government.

Wilder previously reported that members of the religious movement told Gov. Perry that Texas was “The Prophet State,” which would to lead the United States into godly government, with the governor playing a special part.

“The theological basis for the New Apostolic Reformation movement is about taking control of the ‘seven mountains’ — government, media, family, arts and entertainment, so on and so forth,” he explained.

A number prominent members of the New Apostolic Reformation participated in “The Response,” Gov. Perry’s Christian prayer summit in Houston on August 6.

“The fact that he picked them to organize this event says at least that he is comfortable with them being on the stage with him. He very literally elevated this set of individuals.”

"well, isn't that special" Church Lady Here we go....

Perhaps Sinclair Lewis was right when he said....

“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross”?

I guess if Gov. Rick is convinced that his candidacy is a divine calling then I guess he better run for the WH.

But I wonder if America is ready for a Corporate, Rightwing, Theocracy? Could be I guess...I never thought I'd see a black president.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house....sit down and stfu

edit on 11-8-2011 by whaaa because: 7 mountians indeed

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

so Radical Christians love and support a CFR, Bilderberg Group candidate eh thats pretty sad if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by whaaa

so Radical Christians love and support a CFR, Bilderberg Group candidate eh thats pretty sad if you ask me.
sounds lik the have been deceived and need a good reality check wow... wanna see all the stuff the government doesnt want you to see ?

link   
This should be fun to watch.

I can just see the crazy mass demonstrations now. A couple of diehard snake-handlers might be fun to watch in the mix too.

link   
I wonder if it even occurs to extreme religious groups like this that public statement of this kind are the best way to insure their candidate NEVER gets elected.

I don't know how everyone else feels but the extreme Religious Right makes me every bit as nervous as the extreme Marxist Left. Tyranny feels about the same, I'll bet, under either banner.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Do that and we'll have a full scale civil war all across the US. Mark my words, because not many people will submit to a Fascist Theocracy.
edit on 11-8-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have in-law family members who are associated to these groups.

The level of indoctrination and isolation to a single source of thought is quite alarming to me.

Because I seem to have "insight" and they believe this comes from God to his Prophets, they seem to be slightly under the impression that I am a lost prophet. That's how deep this indoctrination is.

The political messages being put out by these groups are also alarming.

All the groups hoping for the end of the World to come, it has to occur to some of them to help it along.

I don't care which end of the World you're waiting for in which religion - I find all of them deeply disturbing.
edit on 2011/8/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I live in Texas and I assure you the last thing America needs is for this idiot to become President! The media has talked about all the jobs created in Texas and the balanced budget here but I tell you that there are a truckload of unemployed people here too! There may be a lot of jobs flipping burgers but earning a sustainable wage is becoming increasingly difficult, especially when some cities have an unemployment rate of over 16% (Port Arthur is one of many, and it's a major refinery area).

The balanced budget is a joke also- they balanced it by taking the money away from our schools and medical programs. In my area ALL of the surrounding city's schools had layoffs, cut programs, aren't getting new school books, sports and music programs cut, vocational programs cut, etc.

Rick Perry is an opportunist who caters to the major voting block- evangelical christian senior citizens. He uses people's religious beliefs to further his own personal power grabbing agenda. Let's not forget that he was an invited guest attendee at the Bildeberg meeting a few years ago. They don't invite just anybody to these meetings, and the fact that he was there did NOT go unnoticed

My advice to the American public is to shut this sucker down NOW before it's too late!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Radical Christian group believes Gov. Perry will lead U.S. to godly government,Radical Christian group believes Gov. Perry will lead U.S. to godly government,

And Mr. G. Poster believes the Radical Christian group will lead us to hookers, pot and poorly cooked short ribs with bad barbecue sauce.

Each to their own Utopia, I suppose

The reality is that both statements, in the grand scheme of things, are equally as meaninful.
edit on 11-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Do that and we'll have a full scale civil war all across the US. Mark my words, because not many people will submit to a Fascist Theocracy.

They wouldn't dare.. the fanatics I mean.

But I do fear if conspiracy is at play here, to chastised the entire christian populace everywhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

There was an atheist group attempting to sue Perry for this event, initially, even as an atheist, I thought they were being silly suing them... but when I heard about this Reformation and that they're trying to purposefully violate the First Amendment I understood a bit better.

I know that Christianity has always had some tenuous links to the government since so many in government are, or at least profess to be, Christians, but I think it's growing to dangerous levels now. And people worry about Muslim terrorists wanting to blow stuff up, the real threat is far more gradual and far more close to home. We must defend the first amendment while respecting people's rights at the same time.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What the hell is a godly government?

If god is real, I seriously doubt he would support things such as extortion and slavery.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh good... The texas version of Ahmadenejad for religion....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Source

Unbiblical teaching has been going on since the early church took root. Peter cautioned that “there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction” (2 Peter 2:1).

Today there is a damnable heresy in the Church that many Christians haven’t yet heard of: The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) a.k.a. Dominionism/ Kingdom Now/Replacement Theology. Those who disagree with their false gospel must be removed through intense “spiritual warfare” and by raising up a “new breed “of Christian they call an “Army of God.”

Al-Jazeera also did a report on this near cult like religious group. They gave it a very interesting name.

America's own Taliban - A fast growing right-wing politico-religious presence plans to implement an end-times, Christian theocracy in the US.

This guy movement is to Christianity what the Muslim Brotherhood is to Islam. Rick Perry is their chance at infiltrating our government and all "7 mountains". To that I say no thanks.

Thread

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That guy has demon voice.

Put him with Joel Osteen, who looks exactly how I would pictured the Devil to look, I'm utterly creeped out.
edit on 2011/8/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just found this, it is someone REALLY messed up stuff.

Source

On this day, the Lord’s messengers arrived in the form of two Texas pastors, Tom Schlueter of Arlington and Bob Long of San Marcos, who called on Perry in the governor’s office inside the state Capitol. Schlueter and Long both oversee small congregations, but they are more than just pastors. They consider themselves modern-day apostles and prophets, blessed with the same gifts as Old Testament prophets or New Testament apostles.

What?! I am calling a red alert here. They consider themselves apostles and prophets like those in the Old and New Testaments?

edit on 8/11/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not even Jesus gave commands to God.

Yet these people do.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thaks M. for the scary videos. Yikes, almost makes the libs look sane. Noticed I said "almost"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If Our Father is Life Eternal and is without decay, then it would be reasonable to understand that the Kingdom of Our Father is not to be established in a realm full of decay. Seeking an earthly kingdom of godliness is equivalent to seeking a healthy body through slothfulness and gluttony.

If we can see a more perfect unity in our minds' eyes, and we can hear a more beautiful song in our hearts' ears, we certainly should have hope that our future is to enter into the Kingdom of Life, but do not be so animal-minded to think that we can build a tower to "heaven."

We are to make camp here, specifically a lovely camp, but our soul is not sheltered in this wild and decaying desert. Understand, make your homes charitable and orderly and the world will be as much like our hope as it can be, but to vest your trust in earthly creatures is vanity.
edit on 8/11/2011 by Dasher because: modified last sentence

top topics

<<   2 >>

join