It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest religious movement you never heard of

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Source

When Texas Gov. Rick Perry decided to stage a Texas-size prayer event — dubbed “The Response” — on Aug. 6, it no doubt seemed like the right thing to do at the time. It received little critical scrutiny when he announced it back in early June, except on websites that track these sorts of things. But after Rachel Maddow, drawing on these sites, did a segment highlighting some of the more bizarre statements made by Perry's high-profile religious endorsers, things cooled considerably — even though the real story is still not remotely well-understood.

“Perry’s endorsers are not just a random group of radical evangelists making outrageous statements,” researcher Rachel Tabachnick subsequently wrote at Alternet.org. “These are the apostles and prophets of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), the biggest international religious movement you never heard of.” Almost simultaneously, investigative reporter Forrest Wilder of the Texas Observer published an extensive article on Perry's prayer event and his endorsers, “Rick Perry's Army of God.”

Now ordinarily I would not think much about something like this, you know typical “Liberal propaganda to attack a devout Christian, what’s new?” But when reading further this NAR ‘New Apostolic Reformation’ just did not sit right with me. There was something about them that I felt uneasy with even before I continued much further down to where things just get disgusting.

I will highlight a few things which really stood out to me from this article:

According to Tabachnick, writing about Perry's announcement in June, GOP candidates competing for NAR support “include Sarah Palin, who has an over 20-year relationship with Alaskan Apostle Mary Glazier; Newt Gingrich, who was anointed by Lou Engle on an internationally televised broadcast in 2009; Michelle Bachman; Rick Santorum; and now, apparently, Rick Perry.”

Why would all of the above mentioned GOP candidates care what a virtually unheard of church have to say? That is what I did not understand but what makes me think this is of conspiratorial levels will be described further down.

For the NAR, however, Tabachnick identified the phrase as the “battle cry for the Seven Mountains Campaign.” That's how the NAR conceives of its dominionist agenda: taking control of the “Seven Mountains,” or culture-shaping spheres that dominate human society: business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, family, and religion.

Admittedly I had not heard of Dominion Theology prior to this article so a quick search was necessary. If you believe Wikipedia then this explains Dominion Theology in simple terms:

Dominion Theology is a grouping of theological systems with the common belief that society should be governed exclusively by the law of God as codified in the Bible, to the exclusion of secular law.

A key emphasis of the NAR is on “Spiritual Warfare” as explained:

Ground-level spiritual warfare is casting out demons from individuals. Occult-level spiritual warfare is confrontations with demons operating through witchcraft and esoteric philosophies (examples are Freemasonry and Tibetan Buddhism). Strategic-level spiritual warfare is the highest level, dealing with confrontation of territorial principalities that control entire communities, ethnic groups, religions and nations.

By this point I realized this group’s ideas had already gone beyond that of the ordinary Fundamentalist and Evangelical Christianity many of us have known for decades now. They want “spiritual warfare” for control over the institutions which govern society? That sounds theocratic in nature.

"they literally demonize religions outside of evangelicalism, including burning of Mormon, Catholic and Native American artifacts, and excursions in which they claim their 'spiritual warfare' supernaturally damages icons and infrastructure of other faiths."
-
A report from the Trinity Apostolic Prayer Network website describes one such ceremony — held in Olney, Texas, on April 21, 2007 — in which Native American artifacts were destroyed. The report has since been scrubbed but was saved by Talk2Action researchers. Central to this reconciliation ritual was the destruction of Native American artifacts, which had to be carried out by NAR-designated “representatives” of the Native American people.

That is an outright destruction of another civilization and why? Because it is poisoned by demons, is that for real? It reminds me of when the Taliban took over in Afghanistan and destroyed the ancient Buddha monuments, removing that culture from the nation of Afghanistan which they seen as simply Islamic.

A video surfaced in 2008 with Sarah Palin being anointed by a Kenyan ‘witch-hunter’ in her church and not just that but he spoke about infiltrating the government and all the 7 areas of society which is preached by the NAR’s Seven Mountains Prophecy.

(Sarah Palin enters at 5:00)

This really makes you question why John McCain in 2008 would select an unknown and first term governor of the state of Alaska to be his Vice President pick; he passed many great more prominent candidates for VP to get her. But it may begin to make sense if you believe what was reported by Alex Jones two months ago right about the time this prayer meeting was being organized.

Source

Texas Governor Rick Perry is dipping his toes into the 2012 presidential race, coincidentally, as the Bilderberg conference convenes in St. Moritz, Switzerland. Bilderberg, notorious kingmakers in the U.S. and Europe, tapped Perry in 2007, inviting him to the conference meeting in Istanbul and presumably vetting him for higher office. Has his moment now arrived?

Yet if the elites are choosing people aligned with the NAR to run for office across this country it begs to question: why? What would government run by these people do to help the elites? How does an election of Rick Perry, clearly aligned with the person of the NAR or a 2008 Vice Presidency of Sarah Palin who is aligned with these people, benefit the global elites?

Diving a little deeper into this NAR and its affiliates I found this:

Unbiblical teaching has been going on since the early church took root. Peter cautioned that “there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction” (2 Peter 2:1).

Today there is a damnable heresy in the Church that many Christians haven’t yet heard of: The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) a.k.a. Dominionism/ Kingdom Now/Replacement Theology. Those who disagree with their false gospel must be removed through intense “spiritual warfare” and by raising up a “new breed “of Christian they call an “Army of God.”

So… this church and its ‘apostles’ are “false prophets” and the people who have aligned themselves with the church are suddenly and mysteriously popping up in American national politics with the current main political figure, Rick Perry, being closely aligned with them, going to a prayer event with them, all the while apparently being pushed to the Presidency by the Bilderbergers. Something about that stinks to high heaven!

America's own Taliban - A fast growing right-wing politico-religious presence plans to implement an end-times, Christian theocracy in the US.

Encompassing a variety of organisations and networks of activist groups, the NAR is not just concerned about particular issues, such as abortion or gay rights, or even about so-called "values", which is the impression that even Goodstein's 2008 story left with readers.

Rather, the NAR is committed to replacing democracy with a religious dictatorship, which it sees as a necessary prelude for Christ's return to earth.

Consequently, the NAR is also openly dedicated to destroying religious and cultural groups who do not share their beliefs - even including others on the Christian Right. They openly denounce Mormonism and Roman Catholicism as demonic, but in the end all Protestant denominations are seen as impediments to creating one unified religious establishment which should in turn control all of society, entirely replacing America's secular democracy, and bringing about their own version of "one-world government".
-
Reid also repeatedly suggests that SLSW is actually pagan in origins, and thus a form of syncretism, the very sort of mixture between Christianity and older pagan religions that biblical literalists of all stripes abhor. For example:

"Hesselgrave draws the analogy between warfare prayer and the prayer typical of Indo-European paganism with its dualistic understanding of the eternal co-existence of good and evil. The latter is viewed as a means 'to control the gods', but, in contrast, prayer in biblical thought is 'submission' to God'.

The idea that spiritual warfare as practised by the NAR is itself a pagan practice, perhaps even a form of demonic battle or that it elevates man over God are perceived examples of what psychologists call "projection", an ego defence mechanism.

The United States has long had a very minor and relatively irrelevant theocratic movement that has never seen the light of day in terms of any chance at power. While many on the left have labeled the Christian Right, specifically Fundamentalists, to be theocrats, they are not in the original sense of the word. But these people are, and not only are they theocrats, but they are advocates of a one world government, destruction of other cultures for unity, and their entire interpretation of the Bible is being called into question on the grounds of it being the anti-thesis of what was actually taught within both the New and Old Testament.

That should raise some red flags right there. A theocratic one-world movement in the United States, expanding globally, with the political figures aligned with the movement being pushed by the global or at least Western elites.

More information:

Source
edit on 8/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When you see Christians beheading someone else for non belief today, let me know...

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All of the first 3 replies to my thread are completely irrelevant to the discussion. One says ##snip## another is talking about how the Taliban is not religious movement and the third says "when christians behead someone let me know".

Did any of you even bother to read my OP?
edit on Sat Aug 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit, quote from post removed by staff

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Once we arrive at that point, I fear that it shall be too late.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
All of the first 3 replies to my thread are completely irrelevant to the discussion. One says ##snipped## another is talking about how the Taliban is not religious movement and the third says "when christians behead someone let me know".

Did any of you even bother to read my OP?

No they are not. They are tangentially related.

I skimmed it. Basically you are talking of a theocracy related to people perverting the gospel for political purposes. They are false apostles, it is certainly related to the Taliban, and the other post may have been a comparison to Islam and Christianity. All are related, and themes underlying your initial post.
edit on Sat Aug 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Excellent post OP! Thanks for bringing this to the attention of ATS. I had never heard of this specific movement and now that I have it bothers me greatly. Watching those vids caused me a little anxiety because people like that are here in the area I live in. I had no idea that they had such a huge movement. It's extremely troubling that people will so blindly follow a belief and not realize that pushing it on others through force and coercion goes against the very ideals of that religion.

They don't understand that if they implement this kind of government they lose their freedoms right along with everyone else. The burning of Native American artifacts is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I read your post..good read. Good point as to why McCain would pick Palin. Also good point about the Taliban..they are not a religion..to you they are terrorists to others they are freedom fighters...You brought up the Taliban..his response is relevant.

I don't have the quotes here..but have heard Palin espouse the same garbage..wanting to take control of the government and media with her crazy ideologies . Tying Palin and McCain to the same terrorist group/freedom fighters is interesting and deserves more research on my part.

Peace

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
When you see Christians beheading someone else for non belief today, let me know...

No need to behead when you can use Apache helicopters and automatic weapons. Or, oh say, hang them..firing a warning shot into the head. Torch them and bomb them relentlessly.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This was a great read OP. *&F for you sir.

Here's a thought to all you NWO-believers out there. What if all this time the push for a "One World Govt" was NOT about politics but rather all about a religious merging/control?

Kinda makes you think.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There are quite a few stories around about mind control programs that have been going on for quite a few generations and are expanding in size and capabilities. One of the aims of these programs does appear to install a NWO global dictatorship, same as this religious movement. Is there a chance that this NAR is a public front to this more sinister back end?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I always get creeped out by fundamentalists bent on bringing about the end times. People should know that they cannot force God's hand and that He operates on His own timetable, not theirs.

Sure, there are plenty of things wrong with the world today but, with these people seeking to bring about the end, it seems to me that they hate God's creation and and want to bring about its destruction.

In medieval times, when the Church was at the height of its power throughout Europe, it did not claim such power. At that time, the Church operated as the conscience of the rulers of the land and used ecclesiastical punishments in order to maintain morality such as excommunicating rulers who defied the Church.

What these people want goes way beyond even the power of the Church at the height of its power.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is very alarming, I must say. It would seem like Albert Pike was not kidding, the so-called "Holy War" is coming to America.

They say history repeats itself, and I feel like we.re in for a new Dark Age, especially if they plan to control all aspects of life. Perpetrated by the same backwards-ass bastards of course, complete with a modern crusades, that might look more like the holocaust I bet. I just hope for intervention, from the real powers that be, which is very, very, very likely.

It really sounds like they are forming a new Templar army, but they won't have to look far for that, or they didn't, rather. I'm sure they'll use that to plunder treasure, rape.. people ha, eliminate opposition, destroy civilzation, and worst of all, desecrate culture, i hope that never happens. All for their disgusting excuse of a god. it sickens me.

I hope the people of this once fantastic country, which has fallen so deep, are not so gullible, to believe a word they say, or do what they say, or support their causes, for that would be the greatest tragedy, as the human race is wiped out, and only money-#ing, obese, in-bred mutants.

Its hilarious they are scared of spiritualists by the way haha.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
...why the surprise?... nar is no different than their genocidal maniac predecessors and no better than the other competitors for global domination... zero shock value there but excellent post, misoir...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wonder how much he is getting paid to speak. To me this spells underhanded, the christian population in America is very large and are easily persuaded to vote for the candidate who promises to fulfill the most christian type agendas. Say "God Bless America" and you get the vote!

ETA as a child I was brainwashed with songs in church with lyrics such as...
"I'm in the lords army yes sir!..." and when I hit about 13 I was convinced I wanted to join the military because it was served up to us on a silver platter as just being the best thing you could do for your country!
Terrifying now when I look back on it....
edit on 6-8-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

ETA the spiritual warfare mentioned was also a very well used term amongst the crowd i grew up around, always heard it thrown around in terms of "we've got to do spiritual warfare against this or that" or "the battle is soon and we are in a war for our minds, satan is doing spiritual warfare on us so we've got to do it back" "battling in the heavens" etc etc. sounds crazy now when I'm on the outside of it all.
Many times we were told to form prayer groups to do spiritual warfare against for instance, abortion, sexuality, etc. And then as a child I was dragged along to hold signs protesting in front of abortion clinics. This was all in the late 90's.

Sorry for all the edits. I just keep remembering things to add. I hope it's relevant.

A good documentary touching on this type of religious programming in order to raise a christian army, is Jesus Camp. When I watched it I almost fell over, as it was so similar to what I went through as a child, only mine was more extreme. The thing is most of the people involved are so entirely blind and unaware of the political undercurrents of everything, or that they might be being used to fulfill an agenda they aren't aware of. Label it with God, put a pastor or preacher in front of it, make him speak eloquently, throw in a lot of fear of God, and you've got a recipe for total devotion and renouncing anything that might disagree with it.

I remember quite clearly being told over and over how special we were, how we were the new army of god, we were to be raised to take over the leadership positions of the world, to erradicate all forms of corruption, and claim the earth for god.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Very nice work Misoir, and thank you for bring this very important development to ATS.

Right out of the gate, this is highly conspiratorial thinking on my part, but it begs the question.

Perry is a Builderberger.

Governor Rick Perry has been instrumental in facilitating the Trans-Texas Corridor and related toll roads, which many argue is an essential part of infrastructure for a North American Union www.youtube.com...

Every indication suggests that Bilderberg-approved Texas Governor Rick Perry is set to become the frontrunner in the Republican race to challenge Barack Obama for the presidency source

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I spent years in the Pentecostal church, ask me anything, Also the same guy that prayed for Palin prayed for me,

There is a power you have to see and experience to believe, your earrings will fly off you ears and you will hit the floor like a ton of bricks, Most of the Prophets I have made contact with have power, no denying it, I cannot even begin to tell you what being in the presence of this power is like

Seen this guy too,

www.youtube.com...

Pentecostalism in the fastest growing among the younger generation,

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I keep telling folks here that ethnocentric religion exists in all western religions, not just Islam, and these ethnocentric religious sectarians want to impose a Christian Sharia on the world as the crazy Talban and Al Qaeda lunatics want to impose an Islamic Sharia in the East.

Amazing that people in the west, while fearing Islamic Sharia, may have their own Christian fanatics to worry about.

Interestingly, the OP insinuates a NWO aspect to this religious chicanery. I might add that the present Islamic Sharia hysteria, cooked up from the 911 scam of the western intelligence, may have been there for one reason to mask the real threat of a Christian Sharia all the time operating in the background now coming forward in the shadows underneath the phony Islamic Sharia fear.

Good OP!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wish the Christian God did exist so he can rapture up all the annoying people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join