It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2/3rds of the Angels Stood by us, do you appreciate that?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
reply to post by AQuestion

not saying that you did, just a lol... I think that they trust in God to not ask them to do wrong, so they choose his service... we do get to prove ourselves, they protect us from outside influences that could manipulate our free will

Dear TheThirdAdam,

I am not sure. I am not sure that they protect us from outside influences, I think they merely keep us from having to deal with more than we are able. I hope that makes some sense, they don't protect us from being overwhelmed, they make sure it is still our choice.

thats what i was trying to say, thanks for making sense of that

link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

We could be the 1/3 of angels, made into Human form. And the others will be coming not to battle Lucifer's angels, but US!!!

All angles.

link   
reply to post by daskakik

Notice God allowed satan to affect everything he had except his life

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

Dear SaturnFX,

You stated that Satan was a fan of ours and then said how bad we were. I am confused, what good does he see in us because clearly you see none.

When did I state we were bad? I see us filled with good intentions overall, however, when it comes to religion, people don't really love god, they fear it..and with good reason, this god tends to murder at the drop of a hat should anything displease it.

Again, this is clearly stockholm syndrome, not love...it is being soo twisted by our overlord that we see "him" showing us love when he is not murdering or otherwise hurting us...not love..if you must use fear to gain love, your -not- the good guy.

link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

reply to post by yourmaker

Dear yourmaker,

Who asked you to believe anything, certainly not I. Don't believe it, what did Crowley say, do as thou wilt; but, why deny me the same, why deny me the right to believe and do as I will?

you're right, but it's natural for me to question these things. there hasn't been any evidence of angels in my experience.
i'm not denying you your 'god' given right to believe, but I am questioning it.
do you yourself believe in angels or was that thought instilled into you by external forces?

Dear yourmaker,

Please reread my OP, I was asking those who do believe in angels, not stating that they exist and not asking anyone to believe anything, you do not know me if you think that is who I am. Non-believers are free to be such and please allow me the same and to discuss things with other believers, don't ask me to prove anything to non-believers because it is a waste of my time and yours. You don't want me preaching to non-believers and I don't care to, believer as thou wilt.

link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite
reply to post by Sippy Cup

We could be the 1/3 of angels, made into Human form. And the others will be coming not to battle Lucifer's angels, but US!!!

All angles.

that is EXACTLY what i posted

whats your deal man

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It speaks great volumes to know they stood by us. Your question is painful because I'm not sure anymore if we love our neighbour, fellow human brother and sister the way we should know love to be. It is very thought provoking and telling more about us as individuals on our faithful path. Thought provoking indeed and I suppose laden with guilt.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

From what I have heard about angels they are boring and the exciting ones are banned.

"Bad Angels" are capable of free thought but put it to no good use.
"Good Angels"...do what they are told.

Humans however, might surprise you.

Dear newcovenant,

I am less concerned with excitement than I am with being good to one another. I do agree that humans can surprise you and that is what I am discussing.

And it is all about you... is it not?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So.....

if 100% rebelled against God...would he have lost?

Did the angels not know of his nature?

Dear SaturnFX,

What would it mean to lose? What does it mean to win? What is won and what is lost? If it is just a story, the question still has value, I can question stories too.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Im saying he saw the rebellion coming, but couldnt punish/banish Satan until he had ACTUALLY done it..

WHen you die do you believe you will "die" or do you belive your body will die

I believe my body will die.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

read what I said on page 4.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Boreas

Dear Boreas,

He'll protect them because he knows it's what I want, but if I gave the word he'd be more than willing to tear them apart (plenty of examples in the bible of Angels doing this).

Great, you believe angels are selfish, so they stuck with God because they love him and are willing to put up with our being over them. Why did any rebel then?

I'm sorry, I really don't understand how you derived from what I wrote that I believe Angels are selfish...?

As for why they rebelled, it really depends on what source we're talking about. Some accounts claim they didn't really 'rebel', but were thrown out for disobeying God (Book of Enoch, for example), others that they refused to bow down before man out of hubris (Islam), and still others that Lucifer wanted to be God (Latter Day Saints).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So.....

if 100% rebelled against God...would he have lost?

Did the angels not know of his nature?

Dear SaturnFX,

What would it mean to lose? What does it mean to win? What is won and what is lost? If it is just a story, the question still has value, I can question stories too.

My questioning of the story comes from the logistics of it.

Angels live with God for an eternity beforehand...to me, I think over time they would have known what he is capable of, and what is possible overall

So, if 1/3rd rebelled, then clearly god -is- defeatable, and if this is possible, then he is not omnipotent, therefore not god.

If he is not able to be defeated, then how can it be possible that the angels, that hung with him for an eternity, not know this? the logic is off overall just on the premise.

So, if the angels knew he couldn't be defeated...then what was the point of the 1/3rd, and what did the 2/3rds risk by standing with god? nothing...they risked nothing because it was like a flea trying to kill a mountain or something equally absurd...

There is more to this, but won't write a half book on the illogical premise of it all.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChungTsuU

Thank you!

Ever come across the idea that some of us are the actual "Fallen" now working to restore the CREATOR's original intention? Unconditional LOVE for ALL.

Maybe we have had to learn a few lessons over time...Such as right NOW in this moment. Please look across the earth and let me know how you feel about what you see in the "big picture".

I feel that humanity can't continue on this path of separation (duality), we must now come together and fix this beautiful earth. I feel The Christos explained to us how to do this!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

Dear Chung,

I understand the idea that we may be fallen, I just don't buy into it. That is an opinion that I hold and not a knowledge. If we are fallen angels then I don't understand how we can be above the angels, doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe in duality, I believe in individual sentience, I believe I am and because I believe in free will, I believe I have the freedom to become whoever I wish. I also love Nameste as a greeting and farewll, I learned it from a Buddhist friend, my soul appreciates and greets yours (bad translation; but good at conveying the feeling I hope).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Actually Job 1:6-7 makes me wonder:

6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan just pops up in heaven without an invite and the kicker is the all knowing Lord had no idea where he had been or what he was up to.
edit on 11-8-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The one that blinds us from the truth.

Also, A certain someone refers to himself as the Prince of Light.

Unfortunately, when I created this name I had the idea of Good vs Evil being represented by God vs Satan. Now, those lines are more blurred than ever before.

For now, it is merely a name, but as with everything in my life this year, it is, or will be, representative of something that will happen, or some deeper meaning that I cannot yet understand.

For now, I can tell that the concept of monotheism is wrong, and God is not external to us, but in fact, within all of us. Now, expanding on this, if I take the Orion/Sumerian track, G_d is EA, a G_d is a Master Scientist. He was commissioned with terraforming Earth after the original planet was destroyed and flung out of our solar system. Under this understanding it is explained that EVERYTHING eventually evolves to becoming a Humanoid of that species. It is the RULE, not the EXCEPTION.

Unfortunately though, with this line of history, we will never be free of slavery, because Eisenhower gave the reptiles the go ahead to co-exist with us, before this time though, we actually have the bloodline of Orion royalty in all of us, and have a right to the throne of this planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

One question I have right now is...

Do Angels have free will, or not?
The idea of the rebellion says they do,
but I learned of them having a sole creation
to worship God.
We had free will, they didn't...

Where did u hear that

Haha... Church of the Rock.. Only here, in wonderful Vermont!!!

I'd like to add, that my personal belief is that angels DO have free will. I'm just looking for other opinions.
You have a lot of them! lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

Interesting I like that idea….always good to think outside the circle. Now I don’t recall being in heaven and rebelling against the creator, “BUT” however maybe our memories were erased so we had to live a new choice! Would we fall again or would we make the cut this time? We humans do think of ourselves as gods~!

You know what is a totally different topic but we have been held back by the god of the bible every time man advances.
Could be the devil in sheeps clothing , but you have to wonder is it the same way I would hold my son back from a loaded pistol, until he is older and wiser to understand the dangers of such knowledge? Ask yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I posted this info before, but...I am only human...so please forgive me. Humans are above angels, as we are created in the image of GOD, angels were before us and they are not created in the image of God...they are a creation and that is it. How many times have you said to yourself, "my dog...or ...my cat understands me better than anyone"? Angels are in between these creations. GOD was not satisfied with angels, He wanted children, like most all of us do...we want someone who is not only blood related, but connected at our core...and that is children. He gave angels free will, like you & I have. Angels messed up, just as we do. But, they are searching for what we have...and we are searching for what the angels have. Pretty screwed up, yet simple.
edit on 11-8-2011 by NeoAlef2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

One question I have right now is...

Do Angels have free will, or not?
The idea of the rebellion says they do,
but I learned of them having a sole creation
to worship God.
We had free will, they didn't...

I wouldn't mind sharing my opinion. It determines how the person views angels and how they act. I do not believe angel's have free-will while many do believe angels can be good and evil.

Awesome point. But, if there are good and bad, are they limited to their allegiance? How do they set themselves to one side or another, or how are they designated such?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join