It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

A standard 9mm round can be stopped at 20 yards with a wet blanket and is likely to richochette off any hard object at that distance, but a hollow point will enter the object and split inside it causing lethal damage.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Essan

But if the Law is willing to coverup excessive force,and mistakes,regardless of criminal activity or not,what rights do you really think law abiding citizens have? The world is a dangerous place,even more if those in power,with the weapons,use those weapons,like the criminals they are chasing

Do you really think that justifies destroying my business? Burning your neighbour's car?

Please explain why??????????

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

reply to post by Essan

But if the Law is willing to coverup excessive force,and mistakes,regardless of criminal activity or not,what rights do you really think law abiding citizens have? The world is a dangerous place,even more if those in power,with the weapons,use those weapons,like the criminals they are chasing

Do you really think that justifies destroying my business? Burning your neighbour's car?

Has anyone here defended peoples shops and houses being set on fire?

I don't recall anyone saying that. Though you've alluded to such statements several times

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

No one actually knows what happened. Well I've not seen any evidence. Are the police justifying their actions of shooting Duggan, because they found a lodged bullet in a radio that they assume must have come from Mark Dugan only to realise it was one of their own. Or did they see Dugan with a gun?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Ahh that is suprising to me, although I know little or nothing about fire-arms

Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I agree.

With the situation,anything is possible. Its very hard for those in Law Enforcement to do their jobs,and do it by the book.Many LEO's make mistakes,allowing the criminals to go free on technicality's.So many loopholes for the criminals nowadays also. The world is a mess.......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

My gut feeling is that it was a sloppy attempt at justifying shooting this man, set up by a cop with a big ego and an itchy trigger finger. I really hope I am wrong though!

I wonder if the slug in the radio and the one in the dead guy turn out to be from the same pistol? Now THAT would complicate things eh?

Peace
edit on 7/8/2011 by Tachalka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Description from the person recording:

"most shops, smashed and looted. all the big stores and supermarkets literally burnt to the ground. loads of vehicles smashed & burnt out everywhere. people trying to film and taking photographs mugged and beaten to the floor. Even the News crews have had their vans smashed and equipment stolen. Now they have moved area and the police are letting them do what they want for 4 hours and police still arent in sight. This is what I managed to capture before it got worse and I had to hide my camera"

This is insane!, what i am wondering now is how long these riots will last? will it be a temporary thing or will they get even more out of hand like riots have gotten in Libya and Egypt? (i know as of right now this riot does not compare to the situation in Libya and Egypt, but seeing how things can go from bad to worse in a matter of minutes.. nothing would surprise me now). what do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Essan

I would never justify those who decide that it is right to create mayhem,because Law enforcement might have covered up one of their mistakes. I see both sides of the coin,not just one. All those who are involved in criminal activity's,The police,and the rioters,and the man shot,should pay for their mistakes....But not with a bullet. Is putting your neighbors car,or your business,as more important then human life ? Thats what it seems............

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here's a report from an eyewitness.

flyprints.co.uk...

snip

This was supposed to be a protest against injustice however, In my opinion I believe Rioters were using this as an opportunity to create anarchy. The mob was a mixture of ethnicities Black, White, Turkish and Jewish.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnavarro90
Description from the person recording:

"most shops, smashed and looted. all the big stores and supermarkets literally burnt to the ground. loads of vehicles smashed & burnt out everywhere. people trying to film and taking photographs mugged and beaten to the floor. Even the News crews have had their vans smashed and equipment stolen. Now they have moved area and the police are letting them do what they want for 4 hours and police still arent in sight. This is what I managed to capture before it got worse and I had to hide my camera"

This is insane!, what i am wondering now is how long these riots will last? will it be a temporary thing or will they get even more out of hand like riots have gotten in Libya and Egypt? (i know as of right now this riot does not compare to the situation in Libya and Egypt, but seeing how things can go from bad to worse in a matter of minutes.. nothing would surprise me now). what do you guys think?

The trouble has started again, this time in Enfield North London, see here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Stupid kids...

Planning a riot on a feed the government watches? Tards.

That did occur to me as funny, too.

Oh well. Not the best and brightest by any means.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenStarrz

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Stupid kids...

Planning a riot on a feed the government watches? Tards.

That did occur to me as funny, too.

Oh well. Not the best and brightest by any means.

But it also allows anyone in the vicinity with a beef against the police or who fancies a bit of looting to congregate very quickly, Which is probably more dangerous considering the cuts to the police force and their dwindling numbers. Live feed enables the mob to mobilize quicker than ever. At least it gives the police a bit of a heads up.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Essan

I would never justify those who decide that it is right to create mayhem,because Law enforcement might have covered up one of their mistakes. I see both sides of the coin,not just one. All those who are involved in criminal activity's,The police,and the rioters,and the man shot,should pay for their mistakes....But not with a bullet. Is putting your neighbors car,or your business,as more important then human life ? Thats what it seems............

There is only one side of this coin. There is no justification whatsoever for destroying my shop or my mother's house*.

The time is coming when we will rise up and yes, to protect my home, my business, I will kill.

And anyone who even thinks of condoning these scumbag orcs had better watch out. Because some of us are getting to the end of our tether.

* hypothetically speaking - I don't live in the east end

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka

My gut feeling is that it was a sloppy attempt at justifying shooting this man, set up by a cop with a big ego and an itchy trigger finger. I really hope I am wrong though!

I wonder if the slug in the radio and the one in the dead guy turn out to be from the same pistol? Now THAT would complicate things eh?

Peace

And that would be covered up!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Twitter reports saying more riots occuring in #Enfield tonight

2nd line

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Has anyone here defended peoples shops and houses being set on fire?

I don't recall anyone saying that. Though you've alluded to such statements several times

How often have you condenned such actions?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Tachalka

Peace

And that would be covered up!!

I can see it now!

'The victim stole a police radio and used it as a shield prior to being shot dead by heroic officers thursday night, hence the police issue bullet lodged in the radio. We wouldn't lie to you, honest!'

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
This is standard leftist ideology!- and is what underpins the whole media reporting of incidents like this - very revealing that you seem to have absolutely no idea of the foundations thatl your recieved liberal views are actually based on - that is the very definition of a 'usefull idiot'
edit on 7-8-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spell

Okay. And all Capitalists are racists who want to eat 3rd world babies

Your claims are ridiculous. I know of nobody who thinks racism against whites is impossible, and I know many 'leftists'. Certainly I have never come across such rubbish in the media.

I guess exaggerating your opposites opinions to ridiculous levels is all you have. Wouldn't want to venture into reality because your ridiculous bigotry would fall apart.

Or maybe I didn't get the leftist memo

As I said - the very definition of a usefull idiot! - this is the philosophical underpinning of all your recievd liberal opinions.

Thus one can hold to race prejudice - defined as antipathy towards members of a racial group based on that groups racial identify - without being a racist for the simple fact that not all groups have the same access to power. If I am a member of a racial group that does not control the dominant social institutions - that is, I do not enjoy structural power - and that is disadvantaged by the workings of prevailing social relations, then I cannot translate my race prejudice into racism. So saying that a black man is racist because he holds bigoted attitudes concerning white people depends on a faulty definition of racism.

wwsword.blogspot.com... extra DIV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The police have shot an unarmed man to death in broad daylight on an english high street.
Then blatantly lied about being shot at first [turns out the bullet in the cops radio was a police
issued round] and in the meantime the British press portray the guy as some hardcore
gangster and gun toting lunatic, even though his family and community maintain he was
a peacful family man and loved by all in his local area.... What a f###ing disgrace, and a
lot of the racist bigoted and kneejerk reactions around here have been just as shocking and
disgracful

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join