It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Before we get the usual MSM comments that are along the lines of "oh we can't condone violence whatever the circumstances"I hope that they realise that a self serving government like that of Cameron and co(and Blair and Brown before him) alienates the vast majority of people in th UK leaving them very little alternative in which to express their dissafection with the way in which they are arrogantly overlooked.

Well here's hoping that the rest of us will not be content to stage our "police and state approved" nice little marches anymore and really give them a fright.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
See.... I said from the start... we don't know the guy shot at cops.

I also was first to say about Jean Charles de Menezes....

This STUNK from the start and all the morons posting daily mail quote like they're gospel... about him shooting cops....

Absolute BS.

Sigh...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
As I said - the very definition of a usefull idiot! - this is the philosophical underpinning of all your recievd liberal opinions.

Thus one can hold to race prejudice - defined as antipathy towards members of a racial group based on that groups racial identify - without being a racist for the simple fact that not all groups have the same access to power. If I am a member of a racial group that does not control the dominant social institutions - that is, I do not enjoy structural power - and that is disadvantaged by the workings of prevailing social relations, then I cannot translate my race prejudice into racism. So saying that a black man is racist because he holds bigoted attitudes concerning white people depends on a faulty definition of racism.

wwsword.blogspot.com...

My Grandad has a blogspot website. You could write anything in there. I didn't doubt there are racists who believe such. I said nobody on here has expressed such beliefs so it's pointless mentioning them as if to imply left wingers here believe that.

What I am very patiently tring to point out to you is that this is the philosophical underpinning of where most liberals recieved opinions come from - not that they themselves have ever heard these beliefs or would even agree with themonce spelled out - which is precisely what being a usefull idiot means.

This is all standard Marxist theory of race and power relations.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

As I see it there is little point in trying to present some opposing viewpoint that nobody else has supported here to prove what exactly?

Why don't you say more about the topic? What do you think about the bullet found in the radio belonging to the police?

This from the Guardian website:

The fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, which sparked the Tottenham riots took a dramatic twist with the revelation that there may not have been any exchange of fire during his arrest.

Initial reports from the Independent police complaints commission were that during an apparent exchange of fire police officers from C019 fired two shots which killed Duggan. The suggestion was that officers could have come under fire from the minicab carrying Duggan on Thursday night.

Much of this assumption came from the fact that a bullet had lodged in a police radio worn by an officer at the scene – raising speculation he might have been fired at from the vehicle. A non police issue handgun was also recovered at the scene where Duggan was shot dead in Ferry Road.

But the Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on the bullet lodged in the officer's radio show that it was a police issued bullet – and had not therefore been fired by Duggan or anyone else in the area.

The reveleation comes as one community leader suggested that the handgun recovered was found in a sock and therefore not ready for use.

It is likely to fuel anger on the streets of Tottenham and elsewhere in London as it provides evidence that officers were not under attack at the time they opened fire on Duggan.
edit on 7-8-2011 by freethinker123 because: added guardian report

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by McGinty

Sky news have shown live coverage all night...probs got there before the beeb.

What happened was Sky and the BBC were filming people causing trouble very close up. They must have clocked on and then they either destroyed the cameras or destroyed the satellites. I saw on the BBC the camera men being confronted by a group of yobs

Indeed, this may be the case.

However, the BBC manage to film in much more dangerous, and remote, locations without losing the cams, so they must have back up plans for such an occasion, yet these weren't used here.

Quite often when the BBC or SKY are abroad covering news storys they have armed bodyguards with them.

The situation was so dangerous in London last night, BBC film crew was attacked and their Satellite uplink van was trashed.

This doesn't even happen in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The looting has spread to Brixton and Finchley park now.

It seem to be opportunistic criminality rather than any "cause" that is in the driving seat

Even the dead boys family have said that the riots do not represent them and have called for peace.

However do not let peace come between someone and a free xbox..

This is when I advocate very large jackboots to stop wholesale criminality.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

You're the one who is ignorant and hypocritical if you think it's ok to take your anger and hatred out on people who have never done you any harm, then you have the audacity and nerve to talk about judgement. Your attitude is everything that is wrong with the youth of today. You think society or the world owes you a free ride and an easy life. Typical self centered, materialistic, gangster mentality.

You're right about one thing. I can't relate to these people, simply because I have strong morals and convictions and don't settle my arguments by resorting to crimes and violence. It's called being civilized.

If you think violence and destruction will solve the problems of corruption in our country, then you really don't have a clue at all.

You reap what you sow and people who share your mentality and views are simply sowing the seeds of their own destruction. Good luck with that.

edit on 7-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Interesting....

No CCTV...

www.hornseyjournal.co.uk...

www.murdermap.co.uk...:-Kelvin-Easton

www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk...

Where is the real story.... It's NOT the riots.

Why was this guy killed?

He knew something maybe.

edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The police do plenty of harm, and they are the main target of the rioters. I dont know how you can think they are targetting people who have done them no harm. I certainly do not condone that at all. All said and done, at least these "uncivilised" people are getting off their backsides and DOING something, rather than play them at their own game, in which they make the rules and change the goalposts at will, or just doing nothing and taking it. As for "civilised" Britain, you just wait until this unrest spreads.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

good find blupblup,
interesting how the police immediately came out with the "we had him under surveilance, he was going to kill his cousins killer and had a gun".
Now it gets interesting, was the weapon a throw down, and the fact he had a relative killed in a violent crime all the justification they need to be able to pull off using a throw down.

I wonder if the police could be held accountable for all the damages caused by the riot, if it is as it seems and their actions sparked the riot off.

If that is down to the actions of one person why aren't they on an affray and public disorder charge?.
edit on 7-8-2011 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So how does burning ones own community to the ground, improve things? If the police are the main targets, then what's with all the burning buildings, next you'll be saying the police did it.

Did it ever occur to you that you are being manipulated and these rioters are taking the bait hook, line and sinker. The media are probably deliberately inflaming the situation by spreading lies & misinformation, so that you will react by rioting. Bad news sells papers. You are basically giving the powers that be all the ammunition they need, to do to you what you fear the most and what you're supposedly fighting against. Welcome to the police state. It's called problem, reaction, solution and you still don't get how it works.

edit on 7-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by kindred

Just to be fair violence and destruction do sometimes serve a purpose. During the time of the stonewall for example. Drastic changes were made after those nights for the better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensairich

Originally posted by 11I11
These are just lazy doll scrounging parasites protesting against the death of some scumbag.
In the UK police dont shoot people for no reason.

On the news this morning many residential properties and businesses have either been burnt down or looted on an unpresidented scale. These parasites dont know anything about community, they are destroying their own neighbours livelihoods. In a few years time they will probably moan because there are no jobs or opportunities in their area.

Rant over

charles de menzes got shot on the tube, and the police dont shoot for no reason!!!

In Britain I beg to differ.

According to the Guardian. initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio was a police issue hollow point dum dum bullet.
If they rioted in Tottenham last night before they knew this.... I'm pretty sure there will be more to come.

The Guardian's crime correspondent, Sandra Laville, reports:

The revelation will fuel the fury in Tottenham about the killing of Mark Duggan by armed officers.

It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

The bullet which was found lodged in the radio of one of the officers at the scene is still undergoing forensic tests. But reliable sources have said the first ballistics examinations suggested it was a police issue bullet.

These are very distinct as the Metropolitan Police uses dum dum type hollowed out bullets designed not to pass through an object.

The early suggestion from the IPCC was that the Met officers had returned fire after someone in the minicab opened fire. But the result of the ballistics early test suggests both shots fired came from the police.
www.guardian.co.uk...-of-comments

Police are just blokes at the end of the day, riding on testosterone.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I have to agree, sure the BNP is known to be a racist group, and is mostly made up of racist individuals I imagine. Howether being a BNP supporter wouldn't automatically make the person a racist.

Yes it would. Read the BNP manifesto, it's outright racist... BNP members support the BNP manifesto - the logical conclusion is obvious
have you ever read the bnp manifesto-it isn't racist.This was proven earlier this year by the equalities commision who had run a vendeta against bnp as quoted by the high court judge!bnp are a proper political party and a racist manifesto would be illegal.Every thread I go to you pull the race card.
edit on 7/8/2011 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

That was completely different, as it was to do with the gay rights movement and things only improved when the media got behind them. I can't see the media defending these violent thugs, because they stand for nothing but violence.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

This is highly irresponsable reporting by the guardian.

Almost criminal in terms of incitement.

Truth is, regardless of who is in power, many normal people have spent their blood and treasure building up those areas and businesses. Then a few criminal elements see an opportunity and take advantage to loot and burn peoples good works, and at the same time deface the area that they live in and feeds them.

Prime candidates for the Darwin awards.

Sometimes the best way to react is to do nothing. This way if there is some agenda at play then it fails.

Criminals do not think this way however but will use this to feather their nests, and hopefully leads to a breech team with SO19 arresting them and imprisonment.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Originally posted by Tachalka
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I have to agree, sure the BNP is known to be a racist group, and is mostly made up of racist individuals I imagine. Howether being a BNP supporter wouldn't automatically make the person a racist.

Yes it would. Read the BNP manifesto, it's outright racist... BNP members support the BNP manifesto - the logical conclusion is obvious
have you ever read the bnp manifesto-it isn't racist.This was proven earlier this year by the equalities commision who had run a vendeta against bnp as quoted by the high court judge!bnp are a proper political party and a racist manifesto would be illegal.Every thread I go to you pull the race card.
edit on 7/8/2011 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

The bnp leadership and fundementalist islamists have the almost the same manifestos.

They both say what it takes to the plebs to get votes but apart from ethnic objectives they both have this one thing they are vitriolic about

They deny the holocaust ever happened.

Maybe they both serve satan huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I totally agree. they are deliberately inflaming the situation, but it's what the media does best. They are in the business of selling papers and this is how they go about it. Absolutely disgraceful.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
LBC, London's biggest conversation (radio station) seem to be giving excellent coverage of event, they have people calling in from around Enfield and surrounding areas. You can listen live here...

www.lbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by EvanB

I totally agree. they are deliberately inflaming the situation, but it's what the media does best. They are in the business of selling papers and this is how they go about it. Absolutely disgraceful.

Indeed

The hypocacy of the guardian is unbelievable.

The same people who exposed the hacking scandal have recently had one of their own editors admitting that they practised it too and now they do this.

The blood of police or anyone else who gets injured in the wake of their blatant incitive reporting is on their hands

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join