It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Believe me these riots are spreading like wildfire, it's incredible. Say what you want, but the majority of people started it because they were sick at the heavy handed force used by the police on our streets in the UK after a man was shot. Either way, it seems crazy that this is happening.

Below are some photo's taken on the ground at the riots.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6af76d7388b6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc3f9adab22d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d472bec6545.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d08483bdf0a8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c8db817d877.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Panic on the streets of London

Just like the 80s, another Tory govt and a spate of riots and civil unrest. Unfortunately, these riots never solve anything. The idiots just trash the streets in the areas they live in. How clever... not.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Loopdaloop

This is highly irresponsable reporting by the guardian.

Almost criminal in terms of incitement.

What??

If the police lied about why this man was shot, or murdered him in cold blood and tried to frame him or make it look like he fired first.. then that is THE most important thing right now.

These riots are a distraction from the REAL story...

Why was this man shot?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Down in Walthamstow everyone of every creed, colour, race and religion seems to be united in their hate for the Conservative party.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Agreed, this is in fact highly responsible reporting by the Guardian, extinguishing the flames of the smoke screen.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
The police have shot an unarmed man to death in broad daylight on an english high street.
Then blatantly lied about being shot at first [turns out the bullet in the cops radio was a police
issued round] and in the meantime the British press portray the guy as some hardcore
gangster and gun toting lunatic, even though his family and community maintain he was
a peacful family man and loved by all in his local area.... What a f###ing disgrace, and a
lot of the racist bigoted and kneejerk reactions around here have been just as shocking and
disgracful

Do you have a source for this info, please? If it's true this is truly huge.

ETA: Apologies, I hadn't seen the link to the Guardian article when I read your post

Oh and I agree with you about the bigoted, racist knee-jerk reactions and accusations. I hope they now feel as disgusted with themselves as they did with others.

Just goes to show how the garbage gutter press has brainwashed and programmed so many people. Like zombiies they swallow the hate-filled garbage and run with it

edit on 7-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
See.... I said from the start... we don't know the guy shot at cops.

I also was first to say about Jean Charles de Menezes....

This STUNK from the start and all the morons posting daily mail quote like they're gospel... about him shooting cops....

Absolute BS.

Sigh...

Yep, I've been saying the same thing ..... gut feeling there was something wrong about the story.

A huge thank you to the Guardian for posting the facts as they become available.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Loopdaloop

This is highly irresponsable reporting by the guardian.

Almost criminal in terms of incitement.

What??

If the police lied about why this man was shot, or murdered him in cold blood and tried to frame him or make it look like he fired first.. then that is THE most important thing right now.

These riots are a distraction from the REAL story...

Why was this man shot?

So do you think that it will do good or pour more petrol on a flammable situation?

Use your head!

Report it absolutely!

But at a different time!

Do you want our capital to burn or something?

Whats YOUR agenda here?

What I said was common sense.

Even the family of the man who was killed said that they did not riot in their name and called for calm.

Why inflame the situation?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
reply to post by blupblup

Agreed, this is in fact highly responsible reporting by the Guardian, extinguishing the flames of the smoke screen.

Brilliantly put.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

See.... I said from the start... we don't know the guy shot at cops.

I also was first to say about Jean Charles de Menezes....

This STUNK from the start and all the morons posting daily mail quote like they're gospel... about him shooting cops....

Absolute BS.

Sigh...

Yep, I've been saying the same thing ..... gut feeling there was something wrong about the story.

A huge thank you to the Guardian for posting the facts as they become available.

If there is more death and destruction because of this report, i will be amongst the first to remind you that you endorsed it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You know, im listening to LBC Live (local london chat radio) and some of the callers reports of whats going on is unreal and yet the tv news are showing hardly anything, Im sure there is a reporting ban in place here.

In case you didnt get the link last time i posted, here it is again

www.lbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Definitely, all the local London politicians seem to be playing it down too, it's madness down there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Yeah its unreal, as im listening their are reports of trouble not only in Enfield but about 6 other areas of london... Im just listening to reports of police bringing in "lorry loads of police horses" and the skies glowing red over Enfield.
edit on 7/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
any riots being spread to the ol' USA ? I have been drinking beer and am quite bored. If anyone has any news about anything in US cities starting up please post it. Before the buzz wears off.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's not a fact at this point, it's speculation.

The Guardian understands that initial ballistics tests on a bullet, found lodged in a police radio worn by an officer during Thursday's incident, suggested it was police issue – and therefore had not been fired by Duggan.

"The Guardian understands..."

Based on what?

Even if true, it's incredibly irresponsible for them to report that without a reliable source. It could incite even more violence.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So the police budget gets cut and soon after we have full scale riots spreading throughout the london boroughs !

Now news braking that the bullet apparently shot at a police officer was from another police officers gone !

I think the MET might just be trying to remind the politicians of just how necessary they are

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Yeah, a load of Turkish girls started shouting "Polis!" at the police with horses and they had no clue what it meant lol.

Check this out for disinfo, this is from the UK politician for Walthamstow where a lot of the rioting is happening. This is from her twitter feed tonight.

@stellacreasy
Am tweeting to show residents rumours on twitter & Facebook just that - Walthamstow high St now calmed down although crowds still here...

@stellacreasy
no situation in walthamstow calming down - ask people to steer clear for moment to help police ensure its calm

@stellacreasy
no walthamstow not getting peak now, in fact its calming down. Please make sure you help by asking people to steer clear...

Source - @stellacreasy

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The police have shot an unarmed man to death in broad daylight on an english high street.
Then blatantly lied about being shot at first [turns out the bullet in the cops radio was a police
issued round] and in the meantime the British press portray the guy as some hardcore
gangster and gun toting lunatic, even though his family and community maintain he was
a peacful family man and loved by all in his local area.... What a f###ing disgrace, and a
lot of the racist bigoted and kneejerk reactions around here have been just as shocking and
disgracful

ETA: Apologies, I hadn't seen the link to the Guardian article when I read your post

Oh and I agree with you about the bigoted, racist knee-jerk reactions and accusations. I hope they now feel as disgusted with themselves as they did with others.

Just goes to show how the garbage gutter press has brainwashed and programmed so many people. Like zombiies they swallow the hate-filled garbage and run with it

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

disgracful

First time poster long time lurker.......

Omg , that is all I can say. How hard done by are these rioters? Has not britain treated these people Well???????!?????! is not every person in britain a rich man? are not these people better off in the uk than their mother or fatherland? Talk about biting the hand that feed you or what. What do these people think the indigenous people of this land think?
What a great advert for the bnp , that's all I can say.......
Tut tut tut.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
So I am sat at work and I see breaking news about riots breaking out in Tottenham as a result of police shooting and killing somebody in the area a few days ago.

The rioters are said to have set fire to two police cars and as I have access to all London traffic CCTV cameras I though I would take a look and sure enough I have a live feed of the riots, and there is indeed burning police cars and growing crowds of angry folk, it is getting pretty lively I must say!!

I am unsure right now if the rioters are doing this because they feel the police shooting was unjust or whatever but I will look more into this as the riot progresses!

Sounds just like the riots in Cincinnati back in the early part of the beginning of the millennium. A white cop shot an unarmed blackman and riots ensued for a couple of weeks. And the cop kept his job didn't go to jail and transferred to another town where he became The sheriff. Stores looted everything. pointless killings and beatings and also even more police brutality. Good post though.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join