It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO disk discovered on sea bed between Sweden and Finland is actually a Russian Coastal Defense Vess

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Greetings,
I hate to be a debunker, but the supposed flying disk, USO, UFO, circular object recently discovered by scientist searching for sunken treasure(champagne) is....wait for it....drum roll...

A sunken Russian coastal defense vessel from the 1800's.

Here is a pic of the sonar contact:

and the link:

i.dailymail.co.uk...

And here is a nice pic of the type of vessel that is the most suitable candidate for this strange sonar image:

and the link:

www.cityofart.net...

Sorry to break any hearts here. Aliens, if they exist, would be smart enough to not leave behind a ship for us to find.

For more information about the type of Russian vessel dislayed in the image, feel free to visit this page:

www.cityofart.net...

edit on 4-8-2011 by remyrange because: mispelling

edit on 4-8-2011 by remyrange because: Added a link

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

Well contribute to an existing on the topic then. There are about 50 of the damn things

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting

Was waiting to see what this was. Either way its a very strange find, I had never even heard of a Russian defence vessel before this.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And still they come , this has been posted numerous times , if you use ATS search you will find.
Here's two from the first page of this forum
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

i didnt really think this was a UFO for one min. But as for a Russian defence boat is this offical or just your opinion?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yes I know it has been posted, but not with a great theory about what it actually is. all the posts are simply about the find, without an actually good theory to what it really is. ie a russian vessel with a pic. You seriously wan tme to reply to all 50 of the posts. I did review them and found no similiar explanations. I felt my explanation deserved its own topic

edit on 4-8-2011 by remyrange because: mispelled

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

good detective work! i find it amusing that aliens fly their spaceship thousands of light years to visit earth,only to crash!!! i guess they fell asleep behind the wheel!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
ok that vessel was a good guess but as someone said on the fb group."its about 40ft across whn the object is about 60ft across"

heres the group:www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
damn, I was hoping it was the actual Millenium Falcon
, but this Coastal Defense Vessel looks interesting all by itself

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Well, it is the opinion of a former naval officer with sonar training. lol hope thats enough. but hey, the shape is almost 100% the same, you can even see the funnels. And, the area is about right for where it operated. Anyone have a better theory?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I do normally post this

Choose your destiny!
Door #1
Door #2
Door #3
Door #4
Door #5

But this might actually deserve its own thread - because otherwise you'd have to spam those threads with the info.

Nice find? I didn't read the article yet

I read what you posted - I completely agree with you

Unfortunately (and I hate to say it but) the alien enthusiasts will probably demand proof

I still think its a good find and deserves its own thread ♥
edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: after reading

LOL I was right - see below - I wish you luck

edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: read remaining posts after this one

link   

Its just your spin on the same subject , if we all were to do that the forum would be a mess .
I don't see why you would have to read through all the posts just to add your individual take on what it could be , I bet nobody else has come up with that particular idea .

link   
also let me tell u why its not that vessel.

the center of the 1800 russian vessel has a circle in the middle as in for the strange object in the water it DOES NOT have the circle which it should, even if something was covering the inside of it(debris) there still should be a circle in the middle

sorry to DEBUNK your BUNK

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but simply posting a picture of a vessel that is shaped similar to what is in the sonar images proves absolutely nothing. It just raises the possibility of what it could be. Until a team dives down to it or surfaces it, all you can do is speculate.

You don't want believers to insist that it is a spacecraft, so don't insist that it is a sunken sea vessel.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

The official news release shows that the USO was about 60ft diameter, while the Russian Ship in my link was about 100ft. But there were others built, at various sizes, even one that served as a private yacht for the Tsar. Who knows what the actual diameter of one of these prototype experimental vessels was.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The article you linked says the 2 prototypes were scrapped, not sunk.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
im sorry but i dont think its that vessel nor a different model.

the only way it might look like it cause of the ROUND circumference other then that it has nothing to do with a vessel but i will tell u that it might just be a temple

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
and the disinfo campaign on this one begins

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

[color=cyan]
They owned up to it being a craft down there
Also how is it that Russia just announced this lost and found THING
ITS CLEARLY SEAWEED GENERATED METHANE

Or can Russia provide a ummm drafted / design drawings or image of the original there must be blue prints because that vessel pic in the OP doesnt match.

edit on 8/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
reply to post by burntoast

The official news release shows that the USO was about 60ft diameter, while the Russian Ship in my link was about 100ft. But there were others built, at various sizes, even one that served as a private yacht for the Tsar. Who knows what the actual diameter of one of these prototype experimental vessels was.

l think it actually said 60 meters, so about 100 ft would fit.

Edt: Um, or would it? damn math.... 3x60 = 180, so no match. Sorry nevermind.

edit on 4-8-2011 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join