It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something just happened in England.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've seen a video about something similar to this in America, specifically Oregon. I found it on YouTube sorry for no link post but this guy recorded this HUGE train shipment of thousands of military armored vehicles. The thing that really got me was that they all had this red symbol on the side of them, but he never zoomed in to get a look at that so I don't know what the shape was or anything. Do you recall your helicopters having a red colored symbol on them (if you could see it)?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackDove

Sounds like a friend of mine from Reading. Smh at you having to do that to prove you are British based on the original video in which infact you sound exactly the same. I was really surprised when the first speculations about your accent being american in that video came in. To the doubting americans there are people in the rest of the world...and most of them are not americans!

As for your video most intriguing. I have to say England to me was an experience filled with countless unexplainable events. Since I moved away there has not been as many. However I too hear the swooshing/engine sounding noise from time to time up here in the far north of Europe. So has my neighbour.

S&F for getting anything at all on camera!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
MOD NOTE:

I have not read every single post but I can assure you he IS in England. Just like America there are a zillion different accents in England. That I learned after living there for a summer.

So, please stop talking about his accent and keep to the topic!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

By God are you really, seriously, actually, STILL on about accents and the ways people speak?
Half the kids in southern england developed a new accent of their very own. I dont like it but I know how it sounds,

It says nothing in the OP about where he was born, grew up, or lived before he lived in england. As far as know no one has asked for clarification, forgive me if I'm wrong We just raised the amnesia of man for effect. Have people actually forgotten what is real or not?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
MOD NOTE:

I have not read every single post but I can assure you he IS in England. Just like America there are a zillion different accents in England. That I learned after living there for a summer.

You're missing the point mod. We aren't disputing the fact that he's in England. I'm sure you have his IP on record and can confirm that to a certain degree. What we don't agree with is the accent in the video matching his geographical location. And that's not something that you can "assure" us of.

I'm British, and I'm telling you that the accent of the person in the video is not English. I can assure you of that!

So please, stop taking this discussion off topic! It's a relevant question.
edit on 6-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I live in East London and i hear some mad goings on in the sky, just last week I heard what I can only describe as an electronic pulsing coming from above my house somewhere (not the first time I heard it either). When I looked out to see what it was I couldn't see anything but a jet which was making it's own separate sound. I would love to find the source of this noise, but i fear the reality will be so much more mundane than the fantasy.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I'll tell you what it says to me. It says to me, that the OP found the footage somewhere and bolted it on to his stupid story. The accent matters because he isn't american, and he isn't a youngster. He's a grown adult with children. He should not sound like an American.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I'll tell you what it says to me. It says to me, that the OP found the footage somewhere and bolted it on to his stupid story. The accent matters because he isn't american, and he isn't a youngster. He's a grown adult with children. He should not sound like an American.

You know what we call people in America who says one of our own has the wrong accent for an American? We call them bigots. I know England isn't as diverse as America but it's got it's mix of people, nonetheless. I know Americans with accents that sound like the wait tables in a London cafe but I'll be damned if I say they aren't American just because of their accents.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

LOL! Alrighty then...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Sometimes sheep noises baaa baaa sometimes mooooooooos just like cows do. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa !!! Thats what cowboys say maaaaaaaann.
Muuuuuuhaaaaaaaaaaa
thats real serious #

Just dont take your scepticisms to delusional levels > at least not in public

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I found it.. how to post...Hi BlackDove, i don't know how to post on the forum, i found your vid on youtube. I just wanted to let you know that we also had a couple of helicopters around our town of loughborough LEICS on Tue/wed/thurs one of which was a chinook and it didn't just pass over it encircled us which me and my son found strange. But importantly I awoke early hours (4am) on friday morning trembling with binaural waves/beats, I believe high beta waves as i was so alert. I am a professional therapeutic counsellor and have used waves as part of my therapy in the past so I know what i am talking about. I could not for the life of me understand what was happening.. all i know is that something was happening. I'm sorry for posting to you and not on the forum but right now i don't have the time to work out how to use it. Like I said I was looking for an answer and came across your post on YT. Best wishes Dawn

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

MOD NOTE:

You're missing the point mod. We aren't disputing the fact that he's in England. I'm sure you have his IP on record and can confirm that to a certain degree. What we don't agree with is the accent in the video matching his geographical location. And that's not something that you can "assure" us of.

I'm British, and I'm telling you that the accent of the person in the video is not English. I can assure you of that!

Here...here...spoken like a true bigot. I've no clue why you have such a bee up your bum over this accent issue...But, I will say...it's getting old....yawn....

I think you are just jealous that you don't have a video to start a thread with...jmoho of course.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

MOD NOTE:

This part is hilarious...

Yep it's totally relevant to someone with a belligerent attitude carrying on about a side tracked aspect that enters into the realms of bigotry. Am over reading about your bias now but thanks for the laugh.

Other than that, this has been an interesting thread. Thanks for posting about an event that concerns many. We live in strange times and its beneficial to have these converging events documented so as to create an awareness of a reality besides the one that others wake up to each morning.... did I say wake up!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

By God are you really, seriously, actually, STILL on about accents and the ways people speak?
Half the kids in southern england developed a new accent of their very own. I dont like it but I know how it sounds,

It says nothing in the OP about where he was born, grew up, or lived before he lived in england. As far as know no one has asked for clarification, forgive me if I'm wrong We just raised the amnesia of man for effect. Have people actually forgotten what is real or not?

Well by replying to me you are "really, seriously, actually, STILL on about accents"....I was only replying myself...but by that criteria we are still talking about the same subject, so you'd be as guilty of 'going on' as I was.

Also if you go back to the beginning of me speaking about this subject and read all that I said...I already commented on the fact that he may have been born in the U.S.A. and simply moved to Europe....I stated only that the other poster had made a point about his accent not sounding British, but sounding American, and that the OP had not addressed this, other than to say "not everyone sounds like Harry Potter", which really isn't a good explanation to me. I even state quite clearly that there could be an EASY explanation (such as him moving there from the U.S.).....
So yeah, all your points were already addressed by me near the beginning of all of this. As for young Brits making up new unique accents all their own....that would be quite a unique and extraordinary phenomenon. I'm sure there's likely to be Sociologists studying this phenomenon if it were real...I'd be happy to read any links you can give me about this unprecedented event. I believe it's far more likely that what you are referring to is young Brits inventing new slang (which young people from all cultures do), or even young Brits emulating other cultures...(Such as how many middle class white kids emulate the way inner city black youths speak). I've never heard of a trend of Young Brits trying to sound like Southern Americans...but again...if you can find me a link to some article about this I'd be happy agree that this is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

MOD NOTE:

Here...here...spoken like a true bigot. I've no clue why you have such a bee up your bum over this accent issue...But, I will say...it's getting old....yawn....

I think you are just jealous that you don't have a video to start a thread with...jmoho of course.

I have some great helicopter video's actually. Shot in 1080p even, not with a crappy telephone camera from 10 years ago. The thing is, I see them as just being helicopters. Not a sign of impending doom or alien invasion..or time slips or anything else.

You guys really will believe anything.

EDIT: I think you really should look up the definition of bigot BTW. Clearly you don't have a good grasp on the actual meaning of the word. Calling someone a liar based on evidence does not make you a bigot FYI.

edit on 7-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Since this is still going on just adding my two cents. I can't possibly say claim to know if this guy is telling the truth or not nor do I know if he is in fact American or other and where he lives. But i can say that in my 12 years living in London that accent that he 'the OP' has on the original video can not be classified as American or British only in that short snippet.

To me it sounds like people I know from Reading England and it sounds it to a T. To you it obviously sounds American. The OP posted another video of himself speaking clearly with a UK accent. What else can we ask for? I think we should just give him the benefit of the doubt (for now) and let go of what the accent sounded like and get on with what is important. What exactly happened to this man?

Nothing at all? Something out of the ordinary? Was it all in his mind or was it something more than that?

I am sure the story will as it goes on clarify whether the OP is telling the truth as he saw it or are telling lies all together. ( Time has a funny way of telling on people without any investigation needed). Some times it is better to keep your doubts to yourself and collect the evidence before shouting foul play ;P

Anyhow - Like I said earlier when I lived in London all sorts of weird things happened to me including losing time and people acting out of place. Things that have not been happening since I moved away. I have had my own private theories about what might be going on and this thread is kind of interesting in that it may actually (if left on topic) bring some sort of direction on those my thoughts. Others may of course find this interesting or not for their own reasons.

So I ask is it possible to leave the issue of his accent for a bit until we get somewhere on the original topic? It could be re-visited as and when if need be but if it is this hard to let go of even I will start to smell a troll in this thread because really honestly does it really matter until it does?

Back on topic (kind of).
I have been asking one of my friends who are still living in London if anything out of the ordinary has been going on there lately. And he tells me that things have been more hectic than usual over there. Also He's been waking up over consecutive days at 3 am in the mornings just feeling that 'something' is out of place. He even got out of bed to look out of the window in case he would see anything unusual. Nothing except for that feeling. (This is not like him btw). I myself although not in the UK region anymore have been feeling like something is amiss. This is not so new though. It has been going on at least since i started hearing the noise. I think it may have been a couple of years ago now. About that noise. It has been waking me up in the early hours of the morning (maybe 3-5 am) . I am all a sudden wide awake and this noise like an engine sounds as if it is directly above my house. It happened several times. I stopped mentioning it until one day earlier this year my neighbour told me of the exact same noise. He had run out on his patio in the early morning to see what was about to fall from the skies. He saw nothing. That re-awoke my interest in these threads and also the noise all together. It is not just in MY mind and obviously not just in the minds of the other people who post these things. Something new is happening. What it is? Well that for now seems like the million dollar question.

But if we are not allowed to investigate this in peace (i.e away from all the 'I call fake because you missed a full stop in your sentence' kind of derailing) then how are we ever to come to a conclusion about what it is?

Sorry about the lengthy reply. If you read through all that
and
I hope some of it made sense and that you are willing to move on for the sakes of those of us who are interested in the topic not the accent.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

reply to post by ZIPMATT

I can't hear what the person in the video is saying. Can you tell me what he's saying please?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I can't find any video in this thread he posted talking.
He has only the one helicopter video on his YT Account

Nobody is disputing he doesn't reside in England or has a real british accent in real life. The man in the OP Video is american. A true Brit who is born there can recognize this.
He has not responded to this by saying he was an american living in UK, which would be the ONLY acceptable explanation that makes any sense.

This might not matter to americans in this thread who blindly assert england has many accents so this is just another version. It is not.

There is only one accent: British, with variations of different dialects in one town to another. There is no american dialect.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I LOL'd at this. As soon as you said it I was like "oh yeah!" You can totally see that they are windows, but couldn't see it before.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I'm not going to waste another 5 seconds of my life rewatching it, but I could make out what he said. Something along the lines of "oh..look at that!"

Clear as a bell. In an American accent.

edit on 7-8-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join