It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my dramatic conversion and supernatural experience - real and inspired by Ya'shuah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great post OP

I have to admit I was scared at the 6 ft bird part lol.
Please continue with you're experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
The mind is an amazing thing,

You had an hallucination, heaven and hell are human constructs designed to keep you obedient and in fear.

Free your mind and soul from the constraints of organised fear based religion and have a real relationship with god/the universe.

This will sound patronising but I feel sorry for people like yourself, why are myths, fairy tales and even blatant fabrications needed for people to feel something of the divine???
It is a part of a mental disorder. Borderline personality disorder to be specific. They cannot help it nor do they have the will to do so.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is really common amongst the born agains and reverts. I've been to several mental facilities and seen this type of behavior in its true unadulterated form. You cannot help but feel sorry for these type of individuals.
edit on 3-8-2011 by RCTD58 because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Awesome story OP. May Ya'shuah continue to show you more, for this is a promise to those that believe.

3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sooooo, you're god used fear to bring you to him? He was wanting to send you to hell while you were still alive? I thought he waited until you were dead for that. It's like he couldn't wait to get you there.
edit on 3-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Sooooo, you're god used fear to bring you to him? He was wanting to send you to hell while you were still alive? I thought he waited until you were dead for that. It's like he couldn't wait to get you there.

You make it seem like God is not allow to give a warning. I guess we should ignore traffic laws despite seeing the examples of it's consequences
edit on 3-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RCTD58

Reeeaaallllyyyy?!? Several mental institutions? As a guest or a patient? I ask because you call yourself a sociopath while calling yourself "lord & savior" and attack christians as if you have a clue. You smell of troll. I doubt you have the courage to actually carry those convictions you are tossing out there.

Sorry, I don't want to derail your thread. That is a great conversion story. Many similar testimonies are coming out around the world, especially in muslim communities. They call Jesus "The Man in White." God knows how to reach every person that will believe and be saved. Mercifully, He will absolutely use the supernatural to do it.
Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by faithparadigm

As a student. I'm actually being serious about what I have experienced. Point being to my reply to another member about the Op's hallucination(s). The way he has presented his story either points to a real blown experience or that he maybe lying. Which in both can be linked to BPD. Either way I was just making an observation. Psychopathy doesn't mean I'm mentally unfit either. So of the world's most famous people were psychopaths.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

You make it seem like God is not allow to give a warning. I guess we should ignore traffic laws despite seeing the examples of it's consequences
Well, you'd think this god would use love to draw people to him, not fear. I mean, he wants us to come to him because we're afraid, or because we love him? But if this is the case, I wonder why we don't all get to see these things? Why just a select few?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well, you'd think this god would use love to draw people to him, not fear. I mean, he wants us to come to him because we're afraid, or because we love him? But if this is the case, I wonder why we don't all get to see these things? Why just a select few?

Hydroman, God has not given us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. OP's encounter (the bird) was from the enemy. The prayer he offered repelled the enemy. Submit to God, resist the enemy and he will flee from you. What the enemy meant for evil God used for good.
As for why everyone doesn't get an experience like this? God knows which of us will be saved and which ones will net believe. In Luke 16, the story of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man is in hell begging God to send Lazatus back to earth. God tells him that even if someone came back from the dead, they'll never believe. God knows the heart better than anyone else does.
just look at the world now. There are still people that think the government has the best interests of the people in mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

it is often said we are motivated by either fear or love to enter the kingdom - for me, at that point, fear was the trigger that worked on me - having had kids and finding what works with one doesn't motivate the others, I am happy as a child of the Eternal Father, to be treated as an individual child whose father figured out how to push the right buttons to get my attention and set my feet on the true path- and for that, I may add, I am and will remain eternally grateful and look forward to being the loudest one in the great crowd before the throne shouting "Glory to the Lamb!!!!"

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
in continuance;

for me, religion was never an option. back at the very first when I was paralysed and scared, I cried out for reality - "if YOU are real, help me"

He has proven to me He is real, in so many ways, especially when I was 'new'. I would dream about things that would happen to me and within 1-2 days the exact same thing would happen in real life. It was given to me to confirm as much as I needed, that He is real and wanted to be part of my life.

back to religion - I once heard someone say, "religion is man seeking a god, when in fact the Way is the result of the Father seeking and calling man"

anyway, for me, I had a somewhat lonely experience (which I now fully appreciate) where every day I would keep reading the gospels. There was no preacher telling me what to believe or think, or putting their interpretations in my head, it was just me and the word. - I would encourage others to do this!

in reading the word I began to form a picture in my mind and heart - if that is an adequate description - of Ya'shuah. (ok I used to call him Jesus like everyone else but I know better now)

I began to see what he was like, what he taught, how he treated folks, how he chided the religous, how he gave of himself, and at the same time saw the distinction between being his disciple and not being one. For me, I was forming the opinion that I wanted to be included in the kingdom and so the option for me was the red pill, being a disciple. Just wanting to be one was I guess the driving decision - which some folks would say, and they strike me as shallow and ignorant when they do, "making a decision for christ" or "getting saved"

its shallow because when it is real, it is more than that. How little we realise at first, and for some who wont read the word and allow themselvesd to be the good soil in which the seed grows, that this is NOT what is going on inside us. What IS going on is the fulfilment of Ya'shuah's promise that is in John 14-17 somewhere, that the Father will love you and we will make our home in that one who is a believing one!

How shallow it is for folk to believe what the preachers tell them, that God is up in heaven and ya'll get to go there one day, or that God is 'visiting His people" or that his presence is at the front of this or that church, that He is an external force that falls on people, that the spirit comes upon them, that there will be a revival etc - thats NOT what the word I was reaading told me - it told me He lives in me 24/7 and therefore is with me always and as close as the nose on my face.

so I kept reading and reading stuff like "the kingdom of heaven is at hand" - lol, look at your hand for a second - its pretty close to you isnt it? - like I said, "the kingdom is at hand"

I remember one day sitting on a train on the way to university in early 1983, I had not been baptised yet and wasn't going to a church, I was up to acts chapter 3, and reading for the first time, the story where Peter and John encounter a lame man on their way to the temple who asked them for money. "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have give I thee, in the name of Ya'shuah of Nazareth rise up and walk!" - and he did rise up and walk. - I will never forget, as I read this, something deep within me erupted and I felt an incredible surge of life, joy, and dozens of other glad feelings all at the same instant - and I had to suddenly try real hard to keep myself from shouting out "hallelujah!" - after all, I was in a train full of people on their way to work and you know, one has to be cool right?

At that time I had recently started meeting a couple of baptist guys on campus after they were out 'witnessing' one day and found me sitting on a bench reading my little new testament. So I track them down and show them this incredible story in Acts, saying "check this out, if you're a disciple you can heal people in his name just like Peter and John!"

- "nah" they said, "healing isn't for today mate, it was just for the apostles"
"really?" I said, show me the verses in the bible from acts 3 onwards that say this, because I havent read anything like that so far" - and they couldn't...

gong! - scratch the bappos - I was sticking to the word - sorry religious witnessing guys, but I felt something when I read that which no one can explain away by religious teaching and I aint diverting from the stance that He is real and real means He does what he says.

next thing you know, I start to feel that I need to get baptised. Actually better described as a knowing that got stronger and stronger until I was at the point where I was desparate to get baptised. You thin kthat was easy? nope - I asked the bappos - they cant do it, "you dont go to our church and you havent done the course" - my parents said, "you were baptised by the priest when you were a baby" - a local anglican church said, "we do that when you are a kid, not an adult" - hello? anyone interested in doing what this bible thingy says?

- so a friend of a friend takes me up on my urgent desire and takes me along to a pentecostal church, and they agree to baptise me the following week. I told the bappos I was going to get baptised and where, they told me the place would be full of wierdos and speaking in tongues and that was 'of the devil" - you can tell my relationship with the bappos was about to be terminated as I was sick of their unbelief

to finish this installment we come to the baptism night, where this new guy no one knows rocks up to the tank at the front, agrees he wants to be a disciple and be baptised, and gets dunked under water...

then, as I come up out of the water - POW! - something like 10,000 volts hits my head and races through my body, my blood, my bones, and out through my skin, with the most intense and almost humanly intolerable feelings of power, love, joy, peace, just absolutely amazing, I am tingling all over with rippling currents of ecstasy, my lips are tingling, and we are just praising and shouting and boy oh boy, what is this?

turns out, that was what the word calls, 'being baptised in the holy spirit" - and all I could say for 3 days was 'wow'

in closing, my prayer is that as you read this, you will seek Him, and find Him able to do the same for you and more also if you have not yet experienced this

cheers

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Chilling story, thanks for having the strength to share it with us. Calling on God is the only way, the moment we did in each of our experiences we were saved from the thing that frightened/threatened us.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

It's not just for a select few, God's love is available to everyone. In all seriousness you have to be real about the situation. Calling upon God is not a game or laughing matter. If you approach him in this fashion He never answer. If you call upon Him with a honest heart then He WILL reveal Himself.

Keep in mind that the relationship between you and God is personal. When you call upon Him it should be done when no one else is around. Your experience will not be my experience, but one thing is for sure, if your really Serious about wanting to know Him then He is always available.

In my opinion all God wants is our respect and acknowledgement that He is real.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

edit on 3-8-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

You are mixing faith and fact approaches. An alleged 'god' (and/or his adherers) can make threats and perform mind-manipulations without any risk of reality-checks. The functional value and consequences of traffic-regulations are there for all to see.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

dear Bogomil I think you can use you rreality check to see the effects around us of folk ignoring the word of the Most High (upon which our laws in the western world are based, by the way)

I cant find any evidence that our Father has changed his mind since the dawn of time regarding how we should treat one another, can you?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, I loved hearing about your experience and hope to hear more. It is posts like these that make me want to share all the things God has shared with me. Some are sad, some frightening, and some have been beautiful beyond words.

Some people don't understand why God uses fear to get our attention. It's just one small part of being enlightened with the mind of Christ. Fear is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge and it's very evident in the Bible, that God does a lot of his work at nighttime. Now, a person who does not have the mind of Christ is considered spiritually asleep. On more than one occassion Jesus implores us to awaken and/or keep watch. If a person is ultimately to be drawn by God and they fail to meditate on these sayings, other means are used to facilitate our progress. One of the biggest mysteries of God is how he and Jesus get inside us, but it takes someone with that knowledge to attempt to explain that it is done so by the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The topic of this thread isn't really dealing with this baptism but it's important to mention because it is the ultimate goal of all who follow Jesus.

They don't teach this stuff in Sunday school, folks.Lol

Jesus is the resurrection. Do not limit your understanding of the resurrection to be something that happens soley afer you die. There is a spiritual resurrection that is supposed to take place for the living, so we may live the life and have the things God intended us to have NOW. To be awakened is to be resurrected from the dead. There are two ways this can be done spiritually. One is found in the Old Testament, and the other in the New.

Sleep paralysis is actually from God. It doesn't hurt you but normally scares the bejeebies out of you and makes you much more alert to things of the Spirit. It is connected to the prophet Elijah.

Sleep paralysis most often happens to teens and young adults. Throughout the Bible there are around 7 people who are resurrected and they all but one meet this criteria. Sleep paralyis is often accompanied by vertigo, which is basically a spinning sensation - Elijah is connected to the whirlwind, which happens to be a spinning phenomena. Sleep paralysis often feels like someone is laying down on you - and that is how Elijah resurrected the widow's son.

I had my first bout of sp when I was 17 (I'm 46 now). The second time I had it, along with the vertigo and ear ringing, there was this vicious bald dog snarling at me. It scared me so bad, that I briefly popped out of my body and got a visual of it and when I did it came charging at me. I popped back in at the exact moment it tried to bite my poor paralyzed leg. Then I was free. I had no idea at the time it was connected to Elijah, it was the Holy Spirit who brought it into my remembrance after my spirit baptism some years ago. I was a wild child but it was awesome yet terrifying to come to the realization that our mind/spiritual essence can seperate from our physical being.

I find it equally interesting, that you saw a bird. Did you know that Elijah was once fed by ravens? I'm glad you awoke and this worked for you. I was a bit more stubborn and they had to go to plan b.

But I'm here now.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
thanks for sharing Myrtales
you have an interesting testimony there, and present some interesting thoughts

cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join