It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost 20 minutes and gained an hour in a road trip Friday evening

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You say this happened yesterday? Yesterday my family traveled from a small Southern Ohio town to Columbus, a 100 mile, two hour drive. We needed to be at the doctor's office at 10:30 am, so we left home at 8:00, giving time for rest stops and such. Before we left I put on my wrist watch, and checked the time. It was a minute or two slow, so I set it with the TV. We set out.

The trip seemed to take no time at all, and when we arrived and checked in, the receptionist remarked that we were really early, that our appointment wasn't for another hour and a half. I looked at the wall clock, and it was 8:49 exactly. I looked at my wrist watch, battery powered with a new battery, it said 12:32. Another thing, it takes my van 1/4 tank of gas to go up there, we only used 1/8 tank of gas.

The trip home was uneventful, took 1/4 tank of fuel, too two hours drive time. My watch kept perfect time. I was just thinking about this when I came to this thread. Anyone else have this time compression experience?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Is "black wind" like a "tail wind" that aircraft experience? That is an interesting theory. I had never heard of that before.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by varsityblazer11

That sounds like a "dissociative state". I have experienced that many times. You don't really "black out" but you dissociate from reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Poster never said whether she talks on the phone and uses text messages.I think this is probably the case.Most cell phone talkers and texters have no concept of real time.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I was talking to my daughter not on my cell phone or texting at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

most of my route is 2 lane roads and you cannot drive more than 50 to 55 mph on that route. Here is my route...
My town to Blue grass pkwy- 25 miles- 35 pmh city roads
Bluegrass parkway 70mph for approximately 80 miles.
US Rt 68 to Aberdeen OH- 55 mph speed limit although mostly slower
US 41 to Peebles OH 55 mph- but most of the time I can only go about 45 due to traffic and road conditions
US 32 to RT 73 in OH= 60 mph heavily patrolled by state police cant speed
Rt 73 to Rarden OH- 55 mph- very hilly curvy dangerous road, I average about 45 mph

I wish speeding was the case but it is not.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This happened Friday evening

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

well crap i wish this reality had me prettier smarter and richer...sheeshh..

thanks!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

If thats a photo of you, you can scratch the 'prettier'.
I also think you're more than intelligent enough. Money...dont we all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Maybe time is going funky in Ohio these days. I can't wait until we come out for Thanksgiving this year and it only takes a half an hour and an eighth of a tank to get from the airport in Columbus to my folks house! ...or maybe it will just feel that way after we stop for a pint at Schmidt's before we head down.

Just kidding! Your experience sounds very much like the OP's.

...and OP - I think Peebles is where the Serpent Mound turnoff is, so you are probably driving right past it, however it sounds like you wouldn't reach that area until you were further along in your journey than the point where you had your experience. ETA: Then again, there are mounds all over Ohio...

edit on 3-0820118-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Afterthought

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by k21968

If thats a photo of you, you can scratch the 'prettier'.
I also think you're more than intelligent enough. Money...dont we all.

I was going to say exactly that but thought it would be a bit off topic.. plus I'm married.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I wont lie, that is not me. It is what I *think* I look like on the inside.

Sorry if my avator was misleading. I wanted to put Bubbles from the powerpuff girls because I see myself that way as well but I was afraid people on here would think I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Have you noticed any anomalies after this event, such as odd smells, flashing lights, unusual noises, paranormal stuff, phone calls with just noise, have you been contacted by any "odd" people, etc.

After my time glitch, became aware of a lot of unusual things happening around me.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Haha, you should put the powerpuff girl on there. Let people assume whatever they like, it will be their loss.

The photo isn't misleading, people have pictures of all sorts.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by LightAssassin

I wont lie, that is not me. It is what I *think* I look like on the inside.

Sorry if my avator was misleading. I wanted to put Bubbles from the powerpuff girls because I see myself that way as well but I was afraid people on here would think I was a kid.

It is what's on the inside that counts anyway and if that's how you think your inner self looks then you have nothing to worry about. I think most people on here think I'm a teenage loser with no friends and no clue about the real world... that is far from true. Online anonymity is a good way to express yourself in ways that you can't do in real life.

I hope you find out what really happened to you but I've got a feeling it will always be a mystery.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join