It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Disclosure Eminent!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
9 Pages, good job ATS.

Again, another thread makes the front page with absolutely no information at all.

edit on 8/1/11 by Gando702 because: ETA: Oooooh Page 10 is mine!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm sure the mods get some pleasure from allowing these threads to last more that one post.

Any threads that start with "my friend who works at blah blah has told me a secret so important and so secret that only people like the President etc know" should be shut down straight away.

Its no different from me coming on here and posting "I saw a ufo" on here twenty times a day, its annoying, unlikely and unproven.

Want to impress, tell us the guys name..

Thought not...

Pointless thread...Normally written by kids or young people just looking to make mischief while they spliff or bong their useless minds away..
edit on 1-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702
Again, another thread makes the front page with absolutely no information at all.

I agree. I think we get sucked into these threads because we want to believe there's some truth to them, but the simple fact is that OP's remarks are just hearsay. Until we have verification, it's all yet another desperate plea for attention.
edit on 8/1/2011 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

By the way that's imminent not eminent.

I want to see some official action on this; I really do. Would take our mind off our current worries, if nothing else. But if the NSA's involved, that might be all that it does! I can't believe that the initial release will not have a spin on it. But as far as I am concerned, anything would be better than what we're getting now.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
´eminent´....
Yes.
Of course.

a ´friend of mine works at Nasa ´
sure.

´´They couldn't get into specifics for obvious reasons, but they stated that the information was relevant´´
ahh..yes.

Mods, please delete this on 31.august..
please.

edit on 1-8-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's comforting to know that finally "skeptical ATS members" are slowly outnumbering the "accept anything at face value ATS members". Refreshingly so!

Personally I think there should be automatic banning and public humiliation of members who make such outragious statements in thread topics.
Instead they are pampered by the ATS T&C's which protects their rights to make any outlandish statement, with no facts to back it up, and the skeptics are chastised and "warned" to stifle criticism.

If disclosure is imminent then we just have to wait and see.

If it isn't forthcoming then a follow up thread with the OP eating humble pie should be compulsory.

I'm calling this as nothing but hogwash.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Was your friend from the NSA; Sam Fisher?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

where does your friend work?
Thats crazy. So they have hid the truth this long and now they decide to tell us. O wait, I didn't relize your friend said this, so it must be true .Right? This month? I guess we will see.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Stop looking for the Government to disclose anything. They dont need the Government to do it for them , if they want you to know , you will know.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Alien Disclosure? i've been hearing that same thing for ten years now and still no disclosure. There will never be any type of alien disclosure

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
At least he didn't use the word "Proof"!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
who says that microscobic life forms cannot interact? they sure can. they simply infect. heh.

reply to post by boncho

that was by far the funniest, the most uplifting comment in this topic
star!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I really want to believe, i really do and disclosure would be something that i truelly would cherish but...

GO AWAY, every 2nd week we get these posts and between the usual

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

it was coming very soon, within the next month

edit on 31-7-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

and

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

A very good friend of mine, I have known them since we were kids

edit on 31-7-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

Do you take us all for fools? I really hope your a troll....

edit on 1-8-2011 by viraldisease because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by viraldisease because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
Who the HELL is giving this stars and flags? Are you all new or something?

Um.....while I agree it shouldn't really get loads of flags, you've been here for under a month, seems kinda funny that you'd say that, a little hypocritical dude.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
double' post yo
edit on 1-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Wow, I can't even begin to count the number of useless threads being posted here lately. Something must be about to happen, and whatever it is certainly has all the loonies coming out of the wood work.

That being said, I hope this really happens. However, I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
You guys need to get off this kids sack. Just because he has bad grammer does not mean he is dumb or lying. Heck, I learn all kinds of stuff here on ATS all the time and MOST of you are retarded in some way. You guys seem to think ATS is real life or somthing.

OP

Take these fools with a grain of salt. Most of the members here are not an expert at anything anyway.

Forget the bad grammar -- that's not the problem. I don't care about the grammar...

The problem with the opening post and many other similar ones we have seen on ATS is saying "I have a friend who says [fill in the blank]" without giving any corroborating evidence that supports the friend's claim.

I mean, anyone can write a post like this, but without evidence it's virtually just a bunch of meaningless words.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Lol, threads like this never get old...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There is something interesting to come from this thread, regardless of the actual message in the original post.

Using the "him/her/they/them" argument is possibly the single most stupid debunking method I have come across to date on ATS. The use of "they/them" is a common technique; it is one that I use myself and would also have used in this specific context.

The interesting thing to come from this thread is that we appear to have a number of members working on the basis that unless you write prose like Austen you must be lying.

As to the original post, I have no feelings either way. It won't be the first time it has been said here with any one of a number of dates, it won't be the last either. I want it to be true, but what I want and what I expect are two very different things.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

"Alien" life forms could also mean biological microscopic life forms.

I think your friend was teasing you!

Perhaps this is a tease. A first base if you will. However the enormity of "only" microscopic life should not be under appreciated . It shows that the possibility of life developing is widespread. It opens the door to the thought forms of intelligent life out there. It widens the imagination of mankind and with that expansion comes the possibility of acceptance. Its a good first step. A safe first step. Lets not forget the rest of the journey and all the steps that must take place after the first one.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join