It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
So it sounds as though you would like to own high capacity fully automatic weapons for entertainment purposes. Can't you play Halo or Call of Duty?? I guess not. But thanks for being honest.

Why is it any of your business what I do for fun, or what I own?

People like you who wet you pants at the sight of a firearm are why we have knee jerk laws passed that blame objects instead of people.

The day a gun gets up and robs a liqour store all by itself is the day I support gun control. Until then I'll keep my support behind people control.

No I am with you guys I enjoy shooting my mini gun and clearing brush with my flame thrower (it's a rush)!

No rules, no laws, no limits. People get nervous around fire arms...I don't know why. Like the law they recently passed allowing people to open carry in bars...excellent. Because now all drunks can carry weapons not just drunken criminals. No age limits either...as long as a high schoolers are trained they can open carry along with their teachers and we can finally get some control over these school shootings.

So yea I hear you at first it sounds idiotic, partisan and insane. But once you think about it...yeah.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

He had been in the US for travel on a few trips, he has a relative in LA Calif. (maybe the relative bought them and shipped them)

Not unless they/he did it before Jan. 1, 2000. There has been a high capacity magazine ban in effect in California since then.(anything above 10 rounds). It's a felony. Even if they'd gone out of state to get them, it's still a felony to import them into California.

I guess he could have procured them illegally, but that really isn't a good case against the ban, is it?

Any way you stack it, gun/magazine laws had little or no effect in stopping the tragedy...if someone is criminally intent on doing something, they'll find a way.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

...as long as a high schoolers are trained they can open carry along with their teachers and we can finally get some control over these school shootings.

What's so funny about you attempt at sarcasm is that my mother open carried for nearly three years in high school in the early sixties...she was a member of the gun club and carried right onto campus...I don't recall her shooting anyone...hmmm?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by quadagent

...as long as a high schoolers are trained they can open carry along with their teachers and we can finally get some control over these school shootings.

What's so funny about you attempt at sarcasm is that my mother open carried for nearly three years in high school in the early sixties...she was a member of the gun club and carried right onto campus...I don't recall her shooting anyone...hmmm?

Yeah at first I was reluctant about grade schoolers too then I thought...man who am I to deny those little shavers their rights? No laws no limits to freedom! There can never be too many guns.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Yeah at first I was reluctant about grade schoolers too then I thought...man who am I to deny those little shavers their rights? No laws no limits to freedom! There can never be too many guns.

So can you explain exactly how any gun/magazine/ammunition law, currently in effect prevented the tragedy? Oh, wait NONE OF THEM DID! What is so hard to understand?!? It appears that everything that he procured, he did so illegally, the laws did nothing because he was intent on committing the act. Laws are only applicable to those willing to follow them, otherwise they are disregarded and useless. It is the same with any rule or regulation, or in fact moral concept. Unless the individual adheres to some concept that the greater society adheres to, blanket regulations are ineffectual against such persons, plain and simple. Can you say "drug wars?" I knew you could.

You could ban all possession of firearms, attempt to confiscate every gun on the planet stack them in a pile and burn them and yet the intent of a madman to kill his fellow man would not be thwarted in the least, only directed to another method or means...or once again to the illegal sources of everything ever banned that inevitably flourishes in a vacuum. We all saw how well prohibition worked out, didn't we?

Regulate all you want, the black market will just make a more, and make a killing at it (pun intended), but at least it will get that creeping animosity off your chest towards evil inanimate objects, and in the process disarm society after society until all are at the mercy of a similar, or much worse madman.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

He had been in the US for travel on a few trips, he has a relative in LA Calif. (maybe the relative bought them and shipped them)

Not unless they/he did it before Jan. 1, 2000. There has been a high capacity magazine ban in effect in California since then.(anything above 10 rounds). It's a felony. Even if they'd gone out of state to get them, it's still a felony to import them into California.

I guess he could have procured them illegally, but that really isn't a good case against the ban, is it?

Any way you stack it, gun/magazine laws had little or no effect in stopping the tragedy...if someone is criminally intent on doing something, they'll find a way.

wrong its only illegal to
* manufacture or cause to be manufactured
* import into the state
* keep for sale
* offer or expose for sale
* give
* lend
Owning them is not illegal and transferring them out of state is not illegal.
so selling them to someone visiting from Norway would not be illegal as long as he did not get caught and rat you out. its just away to get your money back for someone that no longer has the weapon they fit.

Its not even illegal to own then if you bought them before Jan. 1, 2000.
calguns.net...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

so selling them to someone visiting from Norway would not be illegal as long as he did not get caught and rat you out. its just away to get your money back for someone that no longer has the weapon they fit.

Only illegal if you get caught? So if I commit a crime, er...wait if I borrow a car from let's say the guy down the street who hasn't loaned it to me, it's not really grand theft auto unless I get caught? Cool.

Regarding the "ban". I understand that it is not a blanket ban, but one regarding sales, manufacturing and transfer, since I own a "few" myself and live in California, but anything done with them after January 1, 2000 constitutes illegal activity (transfer, sales, etc.). The relevant code, Penal Code is 12020(a)(2):

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison: (2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
guns dont kill people,.
people do

Indeed.
To which I would add, a propos of this thread, "Real people don't kill children. Pscyhotic Justicular Knights do.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
this has literally nothing to do with the US, or the 2nd amendment, and the only blame is on the psychopath that did this or the psychopaths that staged it. your subterfuge isn't subtle at all. america loaded suddam and al qeada. what about that? what about when any american kills someone else in war? this is an asinine talking point.

what about the clothes he was wearing, where did they come from?
or the food he ate as sustenence, where did that come from?
or the supplies to build his house?
or his education?
or .. how abou the root of his sociopathy? where did that come from?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

ok....

So if he had committed this with a hammer then we should probably blame the hammer manufacturers and BAN ALL HAMMERS!

or.......

If the did it with a machete then we should ban all machetes and blame the people who make machetes......

What is wrong with people? seriously?

Critical thinking anymore has gone completely out the window.....

I wondered how long it would take before this was spun into a "gun control" issue here in the US..........

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Leo Strauss

What is wrong with people? seriously?

Critical thinking anymore has gone completely out the window.....

I wondered how long it would take before this was spun into a "gun control" issue here in the US..........

I believe that is what the whole point of this article is about. An attempt to garner up more support for Gun Control here in the states.

It's not like the government wants to disarm us or anything. Look at what they have done to the Military. They have disarmed the military from carrying weapons on base even though the military is trained to operate weapons from pistols to missiles effectively and safely. Not only that, but our government has openly committed treason against the People of the United States by selling guns to the Drug Cartels. Nixon passed a law stating we are in a war against drugs. Which means selling weapons(operation gunrunner) to the people that import and distribute the drugs; Treason. As they are actively seeking to undermine the United States.

Gun Control isn't about making us "safer" it is about disarming us so the government can wield unlimited power over it's citizens.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Timing because: grammar.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The reason most of these wingnuts choose targets like schools is because they know they will have the only gun in the building. They don't want a gunfight, they want ducks in a barrel, in other words they are cowards.

I see nothing wrong with a qualified teacher having a firearm on school grounds. 3 of my former high school teachers were Marines, and 2 of those 3 were combat vets from Vietnam. Another was an Air Force MP for 12 years before getting out on a medical. All of them were steady members of the community and owned guns for hunting and target shooting.

If you look at how easy it is to become a cop in some states you'd be shocked. In some cases you only need to win an election, no formal training required. And they carry guns around kids all day long.

The gun control nuts need to stop being afraid of objects and start paying attention to people.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I knew this was the US' fault

It has been pretty well established as "fact" that the U.S. invented war, slavery, and made women bear the children. The U.S. also invented guns and it was only then that murders started happening. Everybody knows that pretty well every bad thing that happens in the world is the fault of the U.S.

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Also the second amendment was not written for sportsmen or hunters it was written for militias.

If you are talking about the U.S. Constitution then John Lott wrote that the American right was derived from the British right and that applied to all Protestants and not just those in a militia. Careful reading of the amendment reveals that the right does not depend on membership in any group. Keep in mind that the document was written by revolutionaries that had just overthrown their government and they were not talking about a government controlled militia as the term is often used today.

Originally posted by Timing
Gun Control isn't about making us "safer" it is about disarming us so the government can wield unlimited power over it's citizens.

To paraphrase a saying from the sixties - Even if you're paranoid that does not mean THEY are not out to get you.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Like I said before there can never ever be too many guns or too many bullets or too much firepower. Never enough!
I look forward to the day when we all carry arms with us everywhere all the time. It will be a Shangrila and only then will I feel safe and strong and in control. When I see those teenagers on the corner, child soldiers in Africa, old folks in the nursing home all carrying their AK or M16. Ah what a vision. Safety, security, strength. Peace through strength. Designer bio weapons are on the way...can't wait for those to hit the market even more safety.

Question. can one of you experts explain the etiquette on drawing or carrying your weapon in the street? Are there any rules...well you know say we are talking on the street is it ok for me to hold my pistol with my finger on the trigger?? Can I point my gun at you? I'd feel a bit safer on the subway if I already have my gun drawn so that nobody could get the jump on me. I don't know perhaps we might have a law against jesturing with your gun. No gun jestering or pointing...then again that's a bit restrictive and certainly that would mean that only criminals could jester with their gun. Hold it that's a slippery slope. At first they say "no gun jestering" then BAM total enslavement by a totalitarian anti-gun regime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join