It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Alleged Norway killer bought ammunition clips from U.S.

www.rawstory.com

The man who confessed to killing 68 people in Norway last week says he bought the ammunition clips used in his shooting spree from the U.S by mail order.

Anders Behring Breivik wrote in his 1,500-page manifesto that he spent $500 for 10 30-round clips.

Clips with more than three rounds are banned from sale in Norway.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY), who introduced legislation to limit high-capacity ammunition clips following the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What can I say...those 10 30-round clips sure came in handy for the Norway murderer in his mission to kill as many children as possible.

I would never want to stand in the way of the 2nd ammendment and 30 round clips for a machine pistol for "hunting"? or "sport"?

Not only did he buy his jumbo heavy duty magazine drums from the US but apparently we also exported our right wing hate via internet sites like World Net Daily and Pamela Greer.

I am sure the people of Norway are grateful.

www.rawstory.com

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
well, they had to come from somewhere. who cares?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I'm sure the U.S. isn't the only place you can buy a 30 round magazine...just sayin...maybe the norwegians should have raised a red flag when somebody mail orders 30 round magazines in from the United States though huh...

Typical response to any sort of killing anywhere in the world...transfer blame from the person to the gun used...pfft

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i wasnt even aware you could order stuff like that by mail order..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They are called magazines not "clips". Yes, you can buy any magazine via mail order.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Nobody needs export restrictions eh.

Funny how that high strength encryption is not allowed to be exported but weapons are.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm sure most members here have the same setup and are not going on rampages. Perhaps you should fault the person, and the politics, and not the tool?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Yea it's too bad one of the kids didn't have an RPG or a shoulder launched SAM to take him out from a distance.

Didn't your avatar fire a SAM in that movie?

See I think ALL weapons should be unregulated including rockets, mortars, tanks, land mines (to protect property rights) etc. Why stop with those pussy assault weapons. Let's get "military grade freedom" so we can protect ourselves from tyranny and secure our neighborhoods.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok, so bring in the customs agents that allowed these magazines to enter Norway, and fire them for incompetence. If the magazines are banned then they should have never cleared customs plain and simple. The blame still doesn't fall on the US.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The problem is that the people of Norway are not accustomed to being shot at until a neighboring country decides to invade and then, usually minutes, later they surrender. In the United States we have this crazy notion of maintaining our liberty from tyrants and defense from militant neighbors so we decided to arm our population. We then have enough people carrying weapons that's its difficult for any one person to kill 80 or 90 other people. Disarmament simply means anyone can die at anytime.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Please don’t feed the anti-gun troll, remember when you feed wild trolls they forget to fend for themselves and die of starvation once you stop.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I'm sure most members here have the same setup and are not going on rampages. Perhaps you should fault the person, and the politics, and not the tool?

Personal accountability is important and I don't think any firearm gives off some sort of waves of evil that cause a normal person to commit murder.

The news statement is very bizarre because it seems to be trying to link the U.S. with the mass-murder. A magazine is not a firearm but just a metal box and a criminal can buy any sort of magazine they want on the black market. Here in Canada machines guns have been banned since 1931 but every gangster has them.

Another strange claim is that this tragedy would not have happened if the magazine capacity had been three. That is ridiculous because the magazines are easily changed. It is too bad that laws have been passed based on these odd beliefs.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Have you ever shipped a commercial product to another country? It doesn't matter who the carrier is, US Postal Service, Fedex or UPS, all require a commercial invoice with line items listed.

Per the United States Postal Service Mailing Restrictions:

The importation of firearms, ammunition, and parts of such and other military equipment is subject to the authorization of the Norwegian Police.

So it seems to me that if (10) 30 round magazines were imported in to Norway from the United States, either the Norwegian Police did not do their job or they knowingly allowed the importation.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss I would never want to stand in the way of the 2nd amendment and 30 round clips for a machine pistol for "hunting"? or "sport"?

OMG - first of all there is no such thing as a 30 round "clip" (there are clips but they are usually for rifles and maybe like 5-10 rounds depending on the type weapon) perhaps you and the author of the hit piece on the 2nd Amendment mean magazine.

Second - the weapon used was hardly a "machine pistol".

I have to say it is hard to have a credible discussion on the issue of weapons with someone who doesn't even understand enough about the items they wish to "regulate" to use the correct terminology.

Anyway, many people buy, sell, trade, own and use these type magazines for "sport" - sport shooting is quite popular and countless numbers of individuals enjoy it without gunning down children.

Originally posted by Leo Strauss Not only did he buy his jumbo heavy duty magazine drums from the US but apparently we also exported our right wing hate via internet sites like World Net Daily and Pamela Greer.

All I can do is laugh here! Excellent use of mental imagery "jumbo heavy duty magazines" - lol way to sensationalize.

Originally posted by Leo Strauss I am sure the people of Norway are grateful.

I'm sure the people of Norway would indeed be grateful if they had the right to self defense and protection perhaps this would not have happened. Who the hell goes camping without a firearm. Snakes, rabid animals etc. Duh! Then of course there is the self defense aspect of a remote location – I bet the people of Norway are singing the praises of gun control right now.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Isn't it their Norwegian's fault for allowing the magazines to enter their country?
It is not our job to monitor what other nations peoples are purchasing..

link   
I knew this was the US' fault

link   
Only people who don't know which end of a gun the bullet comes out of call them "clips". Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy is a great example:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Being a crazy murderous psychopath is illegal in most countries.

Maybe Norway should stop producing those.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

What can I say...those 10 30-round clips sure came in handy for the Norway murderer in his mission to kill as many children as possible.

I would never want to stand in the way of the 2nd ammendment and 30 round clips for a machine pistol for "hunting"? or "sport"?

Not only did he buy his jumbo heavy duty magazine drums from the US but apparently we also exported our right wing hate via internet sites like World Net Daily and Pamela Greer.

I am sure the people of Norway are grateful.

www.rawstory.com

30 round isn't jumbo, it's actually the standard size.

And $500 for 10 mags?

He's not only a poor excuse for a human being, he's a bad consumer. I have some 30 rd AK mags that I paid $15 a pop for,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join