It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey "conspiracy theorists" - wanna free yourselves from TPTB? Then please wake up already.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here's an awesome new video on the future we face by eradicating fossil fuels and replacing them with a clean energy economy.

Of particular note is the graph around the 12 minute mark:

$1 Billion investment in Coal would create ~870 jobs.

$1 Billion investment in Energy Efficiency would create ~7000 jobs.

Really this stuff should be "well duh", but too many people just don't get it because they are blindly listening to the wrong side.

The plutocrats in this world have started a propaganda war against environmentalism, against science, and most of all against common sense because they want to keep everyone ENSLAVED on the finite, non-renewable resources that THEY CONTROL. What do you think works better for these megalomaniacs? Paying 870 employees to work for them, or paying 7700 people to basically work for themselves?

That's all there is to it, and it shouldn't matter what your political priorities are - the environment, jobs, or personal freedom. All of these things dovetail as part of a clean energy economy.

Yet it's crazy to see how many people still have absolutely no clue what's really going on here.

Related stuff (for actual critical thinking conspiracy theorists. FOX News drones need not apply):

edit on 25-7-2011 by mc_squared because: glitch in the matrix

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
hmm...

more people working...is efficient? Damn and apparently I had it backwards all this time, I always though "efficiency" was more with less!!
edit on 25-7-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

More people working to raise the standard of living for the whole planet is absolutely more efficient than less people working to help the rich get richer.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Anyone else getting sick of being told to wake up? What do these people expect us to do hold a gun to the gubmint`s head and force them to do what we want? I`ve been up for three days straight, Now What? Hollerin` ATS threads at passing cars only gets you a trip to your local hospitals psych ward.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
reply to post by Sly1one

More people working to raise the standard of living for the whole planet is absolutely more efficient than less people working to help the rich get richer.

I agree the standard of living for the whole planet is in need of a raise BUT I don't think that needs to be on the back of their brothers and sisters. Everyone on this planet should be able to provide for themselves everything they NEED in life without having to WORK and PUSH another man's agenda ie: the elite/rich. By the same notion people should not be hindered in their ability to provide for themselves the basic needs of life.

This I think we agree on, however I do not believe in charity...I don't believe in wellfare and I sure as hell don't believe in setting a precedent that allows people to live off the work of others just so we can all live the same standard of living. This is why people don't like communism...

One has got to eventually ask themselves whether or not the standard of living in the US is F***** or the standard of living in Africa is F*****! Both extremes on the opposite ends of the spectrum. The whole planet can't live like Americans but you bet your ass the whole planet can live in poverty...

I feel the standard of living the US is trying to spread is nothing more than a fantasy that is NOT achievable by the entire world so, this standard needs some serious adjustment.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Great post! Thanks.

After reading some responses, it may pay to reiterate the economy exists to serve people, not the other way around. "More with less"??? One would have to define each side of that argument. What do we call more and what do we decide is less?

If we look at environmental impact, the discussion changes. If we look at bang for the buck, it changes again. I guess I stand on the side who says the economy is not living. It is an abstract. People can live without the economy. They cannot live without that which the environment provides: clean water, air, food, etc. So which side is the bread buttered on?

If you want to make a buck in this world, fine. Just do not have your buck degrade what I need to live. Then you are stealing from me.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I can't remember whether it was in a film or on this forum or somewhere else in the internet, but there was mention of a person reading a book. The book was about a utopia where everybody was equal and everybody earned the same amount of money, the beauty of this utopia was that people were free to do the jobs they enjoyed and those who didn't wish to work, didn't have to work. Suprisingly there are people who enjoy being binmen, milkmen, waiters etc in a perfect world everybody would be able to do what they enjoy and not have to worry about being slaves to currency.

There's a massive difference between living and surviving, currently 99% of the worlds population are surviving, some barely, whilst 1% are enjoying living, this is not how it should be and something needs to change!

Am I awake ?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Am I awake ?

reminded me of this

new topics

top topics

join