It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 1 hour and 30 mins to 2 hours, tell me if you see something bright in the sky next to the moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It's moonless here in mid Missouri. But i'll definitely see if I can see it tomorrow and get back to you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
Funny that you posted this thread..For the past few weeks, going out in the wee hours to smoke, i've noticed the bright star near the moon.

Was just about to google which star or planet it was. Thanks.

It is definitely bright. Bright enough to shine through light clouds, like the moon but more distant.

Yea, on some days I would see it. On some days, I don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am looking for a live feed of the moon online... But I cannot find one. Would someone help us all out? I believe it may be a little bit useful.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GisfridMaillor
Your an idiot.

It is jupiter has always been jupiter and will still be jupiter.

Spend maybe one second online reserching this instead of making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone.

It is a planet a known planet and everyone but you knows it.

Wow, you really went there?

What a wonderful human being you are.

Yes...The likelihood of it being Jupiter is very high, which is something MOST people dont know anything about.

The skies are an unknown area of study for the vast majority.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Negative, you're not going to see all the cloud that's up there, especially cirrocumulus, at night.

..composed of very small elements, it tends to be fairly transparent...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I don't see nothing, it's cloudy out here.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I would like to add that this isn't the first time i've saw it. Saw this last year, it would also appear in daylight also and still be very bright. Around 6pm pst.
edit on 25-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
I would like to add that this isn't the first time i've saw it.

Speaking of seeing things, it is a verifiable fact that the Moon is near Jupiter right now, and especially 24 hours ago.

So... if you were watching the moon and this other bright object last night, you MUST have also seen Jupiter.
Thus, you MUST also be able to say where this object is in relation to Jupiter. West, east, higher, lower, brighter, dimmer.

I'm going to make the prediction here that you cant do this.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
J
U
P

I
T

E
R

I'm sorry - are you expecting people to say "Oh, it's definitely an alien spaceship!"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Only saw 2 bright light's last night. The moon and the object I'm talking about in this thread.
The bright light was south of the moon. And it changes places each night. South to South East of the moon.
edit on 25-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Ok, wow, after reading the post to you I see some people are very mean.

Here is a link for you for one.

www.msnbc.msn.com... 950125/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/jupiter-leaving-evening-sky-mercury-coming/

I am in NY, Queens, last night my roomie and I were outstide about that time. I had noticed the "star" you are mentioning I believe. I did not know what it was either. I was not sure if perhaps it was a star not seen before or a possible comet or something to that affect.

When you posted and I started researching, yes, I do believe it is Jupiter. When you look up at the moon it is to the right?

Ainge

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ainge
Ok, wow, after reading the post to you I see some people are very mean.

Here is a link for you for one.

www.msnbc.msn.com... 950125/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/jupiter-leaving-evening-sky-mercury-coming/

I am in NY, Queens, last night my roomie and I were outstide about that time. I had noticed the "star" you are mentioning I believe. I did not know what it was either. I was not sure if perhaps it was a star not seen before or a possible comet or something to that affect.

When you posted and I started researching, yes, I do believe it is Jupiter. When you look up at the moon it is to the right?

Ainge
Thanks, but the link isn't working. And its like south east. Last night it was south east. Two night ago, it was directly south.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It's Jupiter. And on October 11th it's going to be RIGHT next to the moon, while the moon is full.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Only saw 2 bright light's last night. The moon and the object I'm talking about in this thread.
The bright light was south of the moon.

24 hours ago, south is to the right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99485eb9a32a.jpg[/atsimg]

fourmilab[edit by]edit on 25-7-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Take out a pair of binoculars and look. You will see 2-4 moons of this place

On a clear night in the high desert out here in Nevada you can make out a few moons with the unaided eye
edit on 25-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

The same direction I would have seen to be honest. I am sorry the link is not working. Just type in Jupitor and moon for photos and information.

Ainge

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have a nice Meade ETX125 telescope permanently set up on my deck and have been checking Jupiter in the early morning hours (right now, around 4-5am is best).

This morning it was quite bright and beautiful, and the crescent moon was only a couple of arc-degrees to the North of Jupiter. It is really quite magnificent to look at.

My advice: go outside with a pair of binoculars and check it out. Even with a rather weak pair of binocs you'll see the 4 main moons of Jupiter changing position each night. Very cool.

But nothing to fear. Yes, it is amazingly bright and most people are taken aback by the apparent magnitude. This can be especially enhanced when you look at late night/very early hours as ambient light from your neighborhood may be less (people shut down their lights and traffic dies down, etc, so light pollution is minimized).

Also, keep in mind that atmospheric aberrations will make Jupiter (or Venus, esp.) look like they are changing colors and flickering when these objects are low on the horizon. It is the source of many a false UFO report. People sometimes see Jupiter or Venus just after it rises or pokes up over a mountain ridge and the dang bright thing is just flashing colors like crazy and is easily the brightest most magnificent thing in the sky!

Just goes to show you that REAL, benign celestial wonders can be as magnificent to behold as an actual UFO!

p.s. Take a look at your object through binoculars. See a few tiny moons around it? Guess what: Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The thing I always loved about ATS, from the first time I visited the forums, was the fact that there is/was an understanding among the members and the site management.

An understanding that there will be people who do not post things that you or I may agree with and with those threads the responses would be kept civil and educational. This seemed to always help the members posting the information that seemed ridiculous to others.

Through this type of understanding came the courage of members to start threads they were not 100% sure about, with the peace of mind knowing they would not be ridiculed or ostrocized for their converstaion or theories.

I hate to see that some members do not have this understanding - it really does bring this site down to a level where other, lesser, alternative topic websites/forums reside. I hope the members who feel it is appropriate to call names and make fun of others who have different beliefs and ideas will see that they are only perpetuating ignorance and derailing progress.

For the OP, I think many of the responses to what you have been seeing are more plausible than the idea of an unknown obejct residing in the sky. I am sure you will find that what you are seeing is a documented cosmic body that is in exactly the right place it should be.

I say, keep your eyes to the sky, as astronomy and UFOlogy is looking up!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

i totally agree with you !! there seems to be a lot a negative bashing lately , i too have seen the bright star up there and thought it was something else as it rose very fast . but alas nothing strange googled it and its only jupiter lol, wish i had my scope

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join