It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 1 hour and 30 mins to 2 hours, tell me if you see something bright in the sky next to the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I saw an object in the night sky that looks incredibly similar to what you are describing about 3 days ago now, i was so amazed by its brightness that i whipped out my HTC with its low grade camera to see if i could get a shot of it. I tried two different shots with negative and solarize and they both picked up the object, solarize being the clearer pic. Ill upload them if anyone shows interest.

The weird thing is i live in the UK?????????

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
The weird thing is i live in the UK?????????

That really IS weird... Not sure why you would be able to see Jupiter next to the Moon from the UK like we do in the US

Ummm then again...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
reply to post by markymint

No, Im not talking about venus. Venus doesn't give off a white bright light.

You sure about that?

Looks like a white bright light to me.

What about Jupiter?

Yup,looks pretty white and bright to me.

edit on 25-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
About 4am I have been viewing Jupiter with my scope, It is right near the moon and can not be missed with the naked eye.Mars is just starting to come into view from the east at daybreak.
Saturn is visible early evening 9pm to 11pm, most nights towards the SW. I am on the east Coast.

Jupiter is a great sight by the moon and stays visible until light. Worth looking at even with the naked eye for those who didn't know what it is. Looks like a mini-moon.
edit on 7/25/2011 by mugger because: add

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by periloustimes
reply to post by esteay812

i totally agree with you !! there seems to be a lot a negative bashing lately ,

The worst thing about the nasty posters... is when someone quotes them
Because when the Mods zap the posts as violations, they still show up in the quoted post rather than being squashed

Just something to bear in mind... no need to be troll feeding

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ill post up the two pics when i get home, in the pub at the moment

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I saw this last night as I was letting my dog out for the final time it was about 1:30am EST. The moon was very low behind the tree lines but you could see that it was the moon. I saw something bright to the right hand side of it slightly higher then the moon. I was wondering what the heck it was also, I don't recall ever seeing something like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

It is jupiter, no 2 ways about it, it is very very bright.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i always see it and it freaks me out.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
ive seen something like this

was in the evening about 8.30-9.00 so it was light still and the moon was out and as i looked at it i caught a glimmer of light to the bottom right of the moon

i waited and keep watching to see if a plane would come into view but i seen none

im not the best with where planets are n that so could of been venus

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You know what's funny, is I was with my mom at around 3:30AM in Los Angeles about 2 days ago, talking on the porch. I had peered up at the sky and I had to do a double-take, for there was an unusually bright object near the moon. I stopped my mom from talking and told her to come check it out, and she too thought it was odd. She said it was most likely a planet and I agreed, but this was definitely brighter than usual. So, I actually told her to hold on and I went and got my laptop, and yup, you guessed it, went to ATS and looked at the headlines to see if anyone was posting anything about it. I'm a new member, so don't think I can post threads yet, so couldn't, but to no avail. Nobody had posted anything, so I just went with 'planet'.
Bottom line is, the OP is right and it's not clouds (there wasn't a cloud in the sky) and it wasn't 'space debris'....
It had to be Jupiter, it was just too damn big. Like 4 North Stars in one.
Also, the moon wasn't completely full if that helps anybody out...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Looks like a mini-moon.

Yup, that's exactly what it looks like.
It's Jupiter.
I'd advise all of you to try and check it out, it's rather fascinating. Definitely no need for telescope or binoc's, though they'd be a great add-on

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ok, so you guys have figured out that what you are seeing is Jupiter, but can anyone help with what this is? I thought it was Jupiter but seeing as im in England its impossible for it to be Jupiter. any help would be appreciated, thanks

p.s. sorry about the poor format, also the large object is the moon

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Zoom in on the smaller object and i think you will be amazed by its very interesting shape

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah I saw it good on early Sunday...Kind of reminded me of this. The moon was shaped the same way everything. Was pretty cool.

Flag of Turkey

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Mugger,

Good post, nice you could see it so well. I told my roomie I thought it was a new star or comet until I started to look up things, since it seemed out of place. It is very beautiful and very visable to the naked eye.

How lucky we are to see such beauty.

Ainge

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I forgot to tell you guys and I just remembered. Does Jupiter appear to be the brightest light in the sky other than the sun and moon in 6-7pm in the evening? And Does Jupiter always have to be near the moon? Does it also appear in the skies in winter?
edit on 29-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join