It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 1 hour and 30 mins to 2 hours, tell me if you see something bright in the sky next to the moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
So for the past few days, I sleep until around like 2am in the morning. Every time I walk to and leave from the washroom upstairs my house, I would always look outside the window because it has a good view of the sky. So in 1am in the morning, there would be always this bright small light near the moon. Not right next to the moon, but you know what I mean...There is no way a star or planet can be that bright. It's the most noticeable thing you can see in the sky. And it doesn't move. It seems it orbits around the earth, its very stationary. So if it's around night time for you, could you see the area where the moon is and tell me if your seeing the same thing? I think it's a satellite, but its way too bright for that.
edit on 25-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Whu? Surely you're not talking about Venus?

Edit - or JUPITER.
edit on 25-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

I've looked at the moon 4 of 5 of the last few nights at random times, and I've always seen a dim light speeding by it a few degrees above it. The light resembles a satellite or rocket body, but it doesn't show up on any of the satellite trackers I use. I know it's a satellite of some sort, just not sure what kind.

As for the stationary light, there's a small star that hangs just around the location of the moon, I've seen it plenty of times and it's almost always right there about five or ten fingers away from the moon on average. Weird thing. Is that what you're talking about?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

No, Im not talking about venus. Venus doesn't give off a white bright light.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Ok so specifically what time in which time zone??

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Jupiter is hanging out near the moon at that time.

stellarium is a great program to check out "whats up"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

link   
Okay, but how did you come to the conclusion that:

There is no way a star or planet can be that bright.

?

Venus IS the "morning star".

Venus reaches its maximum brightness shortly before sunrise or shortly after sunset

But others have found it out - it's Jupiter. I wasn't sure which, but it was quite obviously a planet.

edit on 25-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

PST. It may be there right now, I can't see the moon right now. I gotta wait for it to orbit in front of my house, I don't see the moon on my backyard either. I mostly see it around 12:30am to 2am. I get too tired for starring it awhile, it stays there for ever, I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Also, orbitron is a great tool for satellite tracking. A lot of lights and shiny things in the sky can be attributed to space junk.

www.stoff.pl...

link   

link   
This is a bit off perhaps, but could this have anything to do with the stories that have been more common recently about both federal and state law enforcement using drones or other automated surveillance over U.S. cities? I'm just thinking if you're seeing something that looks aa lot like a satellite and too bright to be anything easily explainable and others aren't seeing it who aren't in your area, perhaps it is something closer than you are figuring. Who knows these days...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I just checked.
Its Jupiter.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

I've looked at the moon 4 of 5 of the last few nights at random times, and I've always seen a dim light speeding by it a few degrees above it. The light resembles a satellite or rocket body, but it doesn't show up on any of the satellite trackers I use. I know it's a satellite of some sort, just not sure what kind.

As for the stationary light, there's a small star that hangs just around the location of the moon, I've seen it plenty of times and it's almost always right there about five or ten fingers away from the moon on average. Weird thing. Is that what you're talking about?

Yea that. But sometimes the light would slowly fade off and then it goes on right back up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Clouds

Next you'll tell us there is no such thing as clouds.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint

Clouds

Next you'll tell us there is no such thing as clouds.

Nope, no clouds in the sky. The sky was completely black.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Woah GisfridMaillor

Your an idiot.

Spend maybe one second online reserching this instead of making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone.

No planet gives off light it reflects it. your an idiot do not ever look up again space is beyond your feeble mind.

How about you get off this site and i do not know maybe learn something, your a waste.

How about calming down and stop with all these personal attacks?

Humm I'm in LA right now and sadly its really cloudy tonight. Can't see the moon

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Funny that you posted this thread..For the past few weeks, going out in the wee hours to smoke, i've noticed the bright star near the moon.

Was just about to google which star or planet it was. Thanks.

It is definitely bright. Bright enough to shine through light clouds, like the moon but more distant.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

How do you even know where this dude lives and what he is seeing you must be a psychic and an astronomer right you need to stay the f off this site richard head

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join