It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tea Party GOP Drives US Towards Catastrophic Default, World Panic"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
So what do Tea Party radicals say to the 16 trillion dollars doled out to private corporations by the government?
sanders.senate.gov...

from this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
And to the largest military spending of the world - maintained principally for defending the interests of foreign corporations abroad?
Or to military aid to useless dictators across the world?
Isn't this where normally you would begin if you want the US gov to serve American citizens? And perhaps not medical care which is served publicly in every civilized country?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by beezzer

Don't get me wrong, beezle. I can understand the appeal of claiming 'tea party' statues after a decade of championing Bush's neo con policies.

Although you being so pro war, I'm curious how you reconcile that with your 'limited government' claims.

Lose entitlements and we'd have limited government.
And please show me where I've been championing Bushs' neocon policies.

Truth is, you can't.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Don't get me wrong, beezle. I can understand the appeal of claiming 'tea party' statues after a decade of championing Bush's neo con policies.

Although you being so pro war, I'm curious how you reconcile that with your 'limited government' claims.

Lose entitlements and we'd have limited government.
And please show me where I've been championing Bushs' neocon policies.

Truth is, you can't.

Beezzer, I've seen you go on and on about how we need to 'win' in Afghanistan. If that isnt' support for neo con policies, then you dont know what neo con policies ARE.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

*gasp*
You are so right!
Winning a war is strictly a neocon movement.
Losing a war, I'll leave to you progs.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I guess you don't see No war as an option

Nah, not a neo-con at all...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
reply to post by beezzer

I guess you don't see No war as an option

Nah, not a neo-con at all...

White flag much? Don't be a hole looking for a butt. No war would be the best option, always. The second best?

Winning.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

*gasp*
You are so right!

Hey, thanks for your candor. Now, how do you reconcile your support for foreign wars of aggression with your pretensions of limited governance and fiscal responsibility?

Cost of War in Afghanistan

$436,621,621,375

costofwar.com...

No war would be the best option, always. The second best?

Winning.

So, again, how do you reconcile this notion of 'winning' in Afghanistan with your claims of 'limited government' and fiscal responsibility?

How will the US pay for this 'winning'?

edit on 23-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

*gasp*
You are so right!

Hey, thanks for your candor. Now, how do you reconcile your support for foreign wars of aggression with your pretensions of limited governance and fiscal responsibility?

Cost of War in Afghanistan

$436,621,621,375

costofwar.com...

You're missing something scooter. The cost of turning tail and running. The cost of lives lost in indiscrimenent attacks against the west.
You want your nice little government entitlement checks.
But you don't want to cover the cost of the freedom to cash it?
Lame.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Legalize the drug trade, fight the drug war to win the right to grow free drugs, and the world will change.

The black markets and the drug trade, are the core of this world, you are a fool if you avoid this truth, or simply refuse to believe it.

Hypocrisy is the greatest sin you can commit. Everyone knows Americans love drugs and can use them generally without immediately dying, so let's remove all the leaders who send us into the hands of drug companies and globo-behemoths, and seize the drug war for the people.

Immediate raise up a government side by side with this one, and simply declare the dishonest one to be invalid, and that's it. The people in power are outnumbered 10,000 to 1.

Again: Force your leaders to speak truth about black markets and drug kickbacks (and wars for drugs like for example Vietnam), or remain hypocrites who accomplish nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You're missing something scooter. The cost of turning tail and running. The cost of lives lost in indiscrimenent attacks against the west.
You want your nice little government entitlement checks.
But you don't want to cover the cost of the freedom to cash it?
Lame.

I do not receive /entitlement checks', although i do know a number of Republicans who do.

"Cover the cost of Freedom"? Wow, if that doesnt sound like the same old social conservative pro-war claptrap...

Again, how do you reconcile your pretensions of limited government and fiscal restraint with a multi-billion dollar war effort that actually depends on a MASSIVE government?

Thanks for the great example of how the so called 'tea party' sounds, thinks, acts and posts EXACTLY like pro war neo con Republicans.

So, again, you support a multi-billion dollar war, but claim to be for 'fiscal restraint' and 'limited government'.

LOL.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
The "tea party" was not a political party, you idiots. It was an event, where true Americans, reacted to unfair tax-masters, by wrecking the property of those masters.

They dressed as Indians, to pin the blame on the Indians. Ergo = COWARDS.

"cowards"???
These "so called "cowards" ( farmers and merchants really) also went on to kick the British ( a professional global military power back across the ocean). Did they win every battle? No, but the results and their descendants created a global superpower that lasted a little over 200 years so far.
Me thinks these "cowards"had more guts, grit and intestinal fortitude in the tip of their pinky finger than your entire ungrateful keyboard pecking carcass.

Think you are up to the challenge of carrying on the mantel left to each one of us?

Originally posted by smallpeeps
So today if some Americans somehow find the balls to destroy the "tea" of the tax masters, let's hope they have the balls to dress up in their own clothes. Oh and "politician clothes", are not real clothes.

There is too much stupidity here, too many dummies. You can't even explain the terms you apply, let alone the values of the "party" itself. Stupid cake frosted in stupid with a creamy core of stupid-nougat.
Get your home work done yet ? Mom should be home soon...
edit on 23-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Me thinks these "cowards"had more guts, grit and intestinal fortitude in the tip of their pinky finger than your entire ungrateful keyboard pecking carcass.

Mmm, dressing up like indians to act like terrorists? Sounds like you've had too much salad dressing.

But seriously dude, I'm an informed American so ask any questions you want.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Again.
The only thing worse than war, is losing the war.
Wave the white flag all you want. I'll work to enble your right to do so.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
"Senator, this girl has no family, no friends. Nobody knows she worked here. Tomorrow it'll be like she never existed. And all that's left, will be our friendship."

Tom Hagen, consigliere, speaking to his owned and blackmailed politician in The Godfather Part II
edit on 23-7-2011 by smallpeeps because: splng

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
In reply to someone on the first page, I forget who. The Tea Party was not invented by the right wing PTB, but it was successfully co-opted by them. People forget that the original people talking about the Tea Party were mainly pissed about TARP and the bailouts of AIG, GM, Chrysler, Citigroup, Bank of America, and most other major financial institutions. The PTB on the right successfully co-opted this group with the tired old, but successful strategy of wedge issues (abortion, prayer in school, guns, you get the idea), and gave it a distinctly conservative right social policy and largely forgot about the financial issues. This was smart of them and I'm sure even the Democrats appreciate how successful they were in co-opting this movement.

The last thing either party wants is a true third party or populist movement beholden to none of the typical interests (ie campaign donors). You can tell by the farcical political theater in the "debt ceiling" debate that neither party truly wants to fix anything. They only want to maintain the status quo hopefully until after their next election.

The next crash, when not if it comes, is going to be EPIC.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Again.

Then you really shouldn't call yourself Tea Party, because you support an extended, entrenched multi Billion dollar a year war effort that makes the government BIGGER.

Do you consider Ron Paul a coward, too?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Again.

Then you really shouldn't call yourself Tea Party, because you support an extended, entrenched multi Billion dollar a year war effort that makes the government BIGGER.

Do you consider Ron Paul a coward, too?

*facepalm*
I'll type slowly so you can understand.
War sucks, kitten. It really does. People die. It's a vile, filthy, disgusting thing. If we could defeat the enemy, and walk away, it'd be a good thing. Is Paul a coward? No. Misguided, maybe.
As for calling myself Tea Party. . . . I didn't know there were qualifications that had to be made.
In our group we have liberals, and gay folks. We even allow the women-folk to talk.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Guess what...many of us tea partiers are also critical of George Bush's decisions and policies.

Yes, almost a decade too late.

The difference between tea partiers and "the same old republicans" is that we know the current path our country is on is unsustainable. And this has been the case for more than just the Obama years.

Then where was 'the tea party' in 2001? or 2003? Hmmm?

I didn't mention troops in my earlier response. Again, guess what....I am a HUGE fan of bringing the troops home.

And yet you supported GW Bush's illegal invasion of Iraq. Interesting. Too bad I don't recall anyone of you tea party folks at any of those massive anti war rallies across the country calling for Bush's impeachment in 2003,

Why do you assume I supported George Bush's actions? Where in my comments have I given you that impression? You're making stuff up.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

No, I agree. I think it's great you disprove of Bush's policies 8 years later.

I'm sure many Obama supporters will claim to have disapproved of his policies a decade from now.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
So what do Tea Party radicals say to the 16 trillion dollars doled out to private corporations by the government?
sanders.senate.gov...

from this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
And to the largest military spending of the world - maintained principally for defending the interests of foreign corporations abroad?
Or to military aid to useless dictators across the world?
Isn't this where normally you would begin if you want the US gov to serve American citizens? And perhaps not medical care which is served publicly in every civilized country?

When you say things like "Tea Party radicals", you lose your credibility. It is clear you are only responding to the media's portrayal of the Tea Party supporters. Have you been to a Tea Party rally? I have been to several with my 2 sons (11 and 13) and my husband. At these rallies, I saw a lot of older ladies wearing the previously described hats with tea bags stapled to them. I saw men dressed up in Revolutionary War-era costumes. Signs talked about reigning in spending, and about how we feel overtaxed. Many Fair Tax supporters were there. We sang patriotic songs. You could tell that everyone there was proud to be an American, and we all love America.

We are your neighbor, your doctor, your child's teacher, your aunt, your grocer...we are mainstream Americans who want common sense solutions to the financial problems facing America.

We do NOT support 16 trillion dollars being doled out to corporations. DUH! We do NOT support the current military spending, especially since Obama has INCREASED our troops' involvement in various areas.

We support a return to the ideals of the Constitution. We want a Federal Government that serves the functions outlined in the Constitution. Period.

I am the farthest thing from a radical you will ever meet. I am an elementary teacher in the South. I drive a minivan. I read chick-lit. I am a wife and a mother. I bake. I've never been involved in anything political prior to the Tea Party rallies. For goodness sake, I'm usually in bed by 10 pm every night. Don't I sound radical... a radical minivan-driving, bread-baking Tea Party supporter? If you're not careful, I might make you a loaf of freshly baked bread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join