It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am utterly speechless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
sanders.senate.gov...

Can someone please explain this to me in terms that don't make me think of an imminent collapse of our entire financial system?

I wouldn't even believe it if it weren't right from a senators office and posted on a .gov website.

...16 trillion in secret bailouts.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
sanders.senate.gov...

Can someone please explain this to me in terms that don't make me think of an imminent collapse of our entire financial system?

I wouldn't even believe it if it weren't right from a senators office and posted on a .gov website.

...16 trillion in secret bailouts.

Wait wait wait a second..... You thought we weren't on the verge of an imminent collapse of our entire financial system???

This isn't El Dorado, we're broke as #! You, me, and every cell in your body is in debt for like 46k. It collapsed a loooong time ago, it's just now starting to fall.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Yeah, but I was thinking, hoping, that 16 trillion number maybe a typo lol

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Have you ever played monopoly?

If so, then take the monopoly money to a copy machine, and print out 300 pages worth, cut 'em out, and voila, you're the federal reserve.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You, me, and every cell in your body is in debt for like 46k

That's a bad way to think, we aren't debt we are people! This is our corporate governments fault not ours, and if we really want to fix things we need to exercise our power as Americans and take down the Tyrants

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

That's a bad way to think, we aren't debt we are people! This is our corporate governments fault not ours, and if we really want to fix things we need to exercise our power as Americans and take down the Tyrants

you know what I mean. I was just tryna put it in perspective.. I'm not paying jack #. lol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You can't say you weren't warned.

Nice time to announce this.. .with the august deadline right around the corner.

When it rains it pours.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Yea, except that when IT happens they will use their military to control us, even to the point of death. They'll, of course, say its for our own protection. When you hear this statement, understand that it really means....

Its for our own benefit. our is referring to the government/tptb.

We could vote but it will do absolutely no good as both sides have the same overall goal. Not only that but the media is a puppet so when someone who actually understands what actions should be taken we will not be shown these people or their views. The only way well see the truth seekers is if anonymous hacks a news feed to broadcast and forces it to show everyone the truth. If I was a part of the anonops group, I would plan a broadcast hack during a presidential stAte of the union address. If they wanted to use government style tactics they could cause a huge blackout in another country and use the guaranteed presidential announcement that almost everyone would watch to broadcast more on their (anonops) own terms rather than waiting until a normally scheduled presidential address.

Hmmm, why do I get the feeling I should remove these statements.
edit on 22-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Let's see: How do we take down these tyrants? Don't do business with AIG, Chase and GE? Take out our money from the likes of them and other pals, such as Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo? Sounds easy enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I've always wondered what would happen if people refused to go to work until change was made?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Below is the one part of the whole article that really struck me.

"No agency of the United States government should be allowed to bailout a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president," Sanders said.

Mr. Sanders, you like many other Americans are completely fooled or delusional. The Federal Reserve is NOT an Agency of the US Government. It is a private banking institution and as such they are permitted to do these types of things. That Sir, is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Let's see: How do we take down these tyrants? Don't do business with AIG, Chase and GE? Take out our money from the likes of them and other pals, such as Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo? Sounds easy enough.

Sorry but you just listed all the "too big to fail" corporations. Even if people stopped doing business with them or pulled there money out of the markets, the Government has already shown us that they will bail them out and keep them in business at the expense of the tax payer. So go ahead and do it... they will still get your money any way. One way or another, you will pay.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

"No agency of the United States government should be allowed to bailout a foreign bank or corporation without the direct approval of Congress and the president," Sanders said.

Mr. Sanders, you like many other Americans are completely fooled or delusional. The Federal Reserve is NOT an Agency of the US Government. It is a private banking institution and as such they are permitted to do these types of things. That Sir, is part of the problem.

That is exactly the piece which stood out to me, also. I was just getting ready to ask about this very thing. I was under the newly formed impression that the Federal Reserve was a private bank.

Are they or aren't they?

And to the OP....Some of our biggest players needed a 16 Trillion dollar handout to stay afloat??!! I would like to think that they used the money wisely and fixed their issues, but I highly doubt they did. Once a business starts that downward spiral of scrambling and juggling to stay afloat, there is usually not much that can be done to fix it quick enough or on a large enough scale to make a difference in time.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Did you notice the date at the end of the article ?

A more detailed GAO investigation into potential conflicts of interest at the Fed is due on Oct. 18,

Is this a coincidence ? :

Update on Comet Elenin: October 18th 2011 Earth Passes Closest to Comet’s Tail

photonicportal.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

And thats just 16 trillion we know about; whats the bet it's alot more than that.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12
I was under the newly formed impression that the Federal Reserve was a private bank.

Are they or aren't they?

It's more complicated than that. The Federal Reserve is a quasi-governmental agency. It was formed by the US government, and the president appoints its chairperson, but I believe its member banks are all private. It also has the ability to order the Treasury Department around.

Read more:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 7/22/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Actually Sanders is right for once, the Fed is NOT a private bank -- he use to claim it was but I guess someone schooled him on the matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Actually Sanders is right for once, the Fed is NOT a private bank -- he use to claim it was but I guess someone schooled him on the matter.

Wrong. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned financial institution and has been described as such by the courts. The court ruled that the Federal Reserve Banks are "independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations", and went to say something about not being involved in day to say operations to such an extent that it could not be considered a Federal Agency.

That case was Lewis v. United States 1982

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

If it was private how come it's the only firm permitted to create legal tender? Where can I apply for my legal tender creation license, permit or whatever? I can't can I? No I can't -- because when a govt creates a monopoly it is an arm of the govt.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Let me know when you guys are ready.

I know I am.

We cant possibly pay that back.

Im sick of all these fake A_M_F's running our govt taking care of only themselves and their buddies on OUR DOLLAR and throwing us to the wolves so they can keep "running things" into the ground.

As long as they are getting paid, and their friends are getting paid, then thats probably all that matters to most of them.

Its a dog eat dog world unfortunately, and when you dont cage up the beats, he tears stuff up.

We are to blame for letting this happen. All those that fell for the BS circus show and made every excuse they could for their leaders failures are mostly to blame.

Partisan Pride is killing this country.

And nobody cares, cause they keep buying into it like good little brainwashed sheep.

Thanks losers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join