It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here thinks that there is no other life in the universe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Are you talking life or Intelligent Life? Because I can't even find intelligent life on Earth, so, I would guess there isn't any outside of Earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The religious have only 2 reasons for Everything. God did it. The Devil did it. If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Fack me...

Is this forum an intelligent debate about real things, or just a right wing christian nutter forum?

FFS forget god mythologies... lets look at reality.

Can we seriously just concentrate on the topic at hand, without bringing into it the god factor?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkorange
I would't until I personally saw one with my own eyes. I would not settle for less.

Well next time your in Vegas I will introduce you to my friend

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thats what we need...intelligent debate, so lets all have a Massdebate.....

Of Course there are no Aliens anywhere in the Universe.

God told me so!!!

And the Sun and Stars revolve around the Earth too, everyone knows that.

You people and your weird science......

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Thank you!

Lets just concentrate on reality

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Oh I have a great answer for this and it comes from my crazy super Christian Aunt.

She told me that there is no way that there is other intelligent life in the Universe because there is no record of God creating any other than us.

I really felt like slapping her but I held back haha.

So I gave her the facts and said "Look the Universe is roughly 13 billion years old and yet the Earth is only about 4 billions years old. There's a huge gap of time and a huge gap of space that allows for the possibility of there being other life. The Earth is a newborn baby compared to what is out there. So if, well most likely there is other intelligent beings out there, they will be way smarter than us.....again most likely."

Then she rolled her eyes and called me a sinner. Oh I love when she visits.....

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The universe comprises the infinity of worlds, both of those we see and those we do not see all animate and inanimate beings all the stars that revolve in space, and all fluids with which space is filled.

Are all the globes that revolve in space inhabited?

"Yes; and the people of the earth are far from being, as you suppose, the first in intelligence, goodness, and general development. There are many men having a high opinion of themselves who even imagine that your little globe alone, of all the countless myriads of globes around you, has the privilege of being inhabited by reasoning beings. They fancy that God has created the universe only for them. Insensate vanity!"

God has peopled the globes of the universe with living beings, all of whom concur in working out the aims of His providence. To believe that the presence of living beings is confined to the one point of the universe inhabited by us is to cast a doubt on the wisdom of God, who has made nothing in vain, and who must therefore have assigned to all the other globes of the universe a destination more important than that of gratifying our eyes with the spectacle of a starry night. Moreover, there is nothing in the position, size, or physical constitution of the earth to warrant the supposition that it alone, of the countless myriads of globes disseminated throughout the infinity of space, has the privilege of being inhabited.

Is the physical constitution of all globes the same?

"No; they do not at all resemble one another."

The physical constitution of the various worlds not being the same for all does it follow that the beings who inhabit them have different organizations?

"Undoubtedly it does; just as, in your world, fishes are organized for living in the water, and birds for living in the air."

Are the planets furthest removed from the sun stinted in light and heat, the sun only appearing to them of the size of one of the fixed stars?

"Do you suppose that there are no other sources of light and heat than the sun? And do you count for nothing the action of electricity which, in certain worlds, plays a very much more important part than in your earth? Besides, how do you know that the beings of those worlds see in the same manner as you do, and with the aid of organs such as yours?"

The conditions of existence for the beings who inhabit the various worlds must be supposed to be appropriate to the sphere in which they are destined to live. If we had never seen fishes, we should be at a loss to understand how any living beings could exist in the sea. So in regard to all the other worlds, which doubtless contain elements that are unknown to us. In our own earth, are not the long polar nights illumined by the electrical displays of the aurora borealis? Is it impossible that. In certain worlds, electricity may be more abundant than in ours, and may subserve, in its general economy, various important uses not imaginable by us? And may not those worlds contain in themselves the sources of the heat and light required by their inhabitants?Link
edit on 22-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
What we call Aliens are actually deceptive spirit beings posing as our creators. Beelzebub is Lord of the Fly or put it another way. Lord of those who fly or flit about in the atmosphere.

No you are wrong, it is the other way around. Aliens came to Earth posing as Gods

It is YOU that has been fooled

edit on 22-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I am in total agreement with Zorgon, and anyone who has studied on this knows. I was reading along, and wondering how long it would be before a religious type came to debunk it all and tell us it was demons or satans, and we should read the bible and get "saved." I get so tired of this myself. Anytime a UFO/Alien/ET thread is started, here they come. "Demons!" "Satans!" It's like an obsession with them.
Sometimes I think they are trying to convince themselves, rather than the rest of us.
Spacecraft and Extraterrestrials in the Bible and History

Back to the thread topic, it is my considered opining that anyone who thinks, even for a second that we on Earth are all alone in the Galaxy, that person needs their head examined. ET is here, ET is real, and you may as well accept it. When the rescue craft come, I would not be calling them names...know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have no idea whether there is life out there, but so far I see no convincing evidence at all. Every single pic I've ever seen looks fake, every video I've seen looks fake and every witness account I've ever heard or read sounded either delusional or like attention seeking.

I suppose they could still be up there somewhere though. I'll ask Jesus, he might know.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree with you 100%, and I really love the way you explained it. I'd love to see a full break down of how you think the game is going.

All one has to do is look at the messages which are coming from these so-called alien beings. It's funny how these beings always seem to have an interest in what we believe. And for some reason they always seem to bring the true message of Christ. People are biting on this stuff like big mouth bass not realizing that they are being deceived.

I don't think it's hard to see that what's going on in the skies is neither extra terrestrial or human. When looking at most of the latest ufo videos all we ever see is balls of light which when zoomed in on always seems to just disappear. You would think that with all those cameras out there one would have solid video of a real spacecraft, but strangely those only seem to come in picture format.

Now regarding life through out the universe, I believe it's out there, but I don't think anyone will ever see it in this lifetime.

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
What we call Aliens are actually deceptive spirit beings posing as our creators. Beelzebub is Lord of the Fly or put it another way. Lord of those who fly or flit about in the atmosphere.

There is a hiearchy of beings in the spirit realm. This hiearchy exists in four catagories of beings. 1. Principalities 2.Powers 3. Rulers of the darkness of this world 4. Spiritual wickedness in high places

Satan's end game is to steal, kill and destroy. If there are those out there who believe that these aliens are here for our benefit, they are both decieved and blind to truth.

Satan knows his time is short and will use all power, signs and lieing wonders to decieve mankind. There is an end game. I do not have all the answers about his end time agenda. But, I do know he has a hiearchy of spirit beings at his disposal, of which some have manipulated physical matter to shape for themselves a physical body, which is part of the end time deception.

What better way to explain away millions of missing people when the Lord Jesus Christ gathers together every true believer in him. "THE ALIENS TOOK THEM!" Satan is a lier and the father of lies.

The phenomenon we are seeing called UFO's and aliens are from the demonic realm and none have given the true God, any honor. I also believe that by some means the end time agenda regarding "aliens" will be that these beings will be instrumental in directing humans into worshipping the man of sin called "The Anti-Christ."

Time is short people. There is a reason for disclosure in this time in which we live.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believes in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. " John 3:16

I suggest all read and be doers of Romans 10:9,10. You will be saved!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Since there are "billions upon billions," of stars in our Universe, and since the amount of stardust atoms in the human body is 93%- Who's too say, that their is not any "intelligent," life besides Earth in our Universe.

"Just think, long ago someone may have wished upon a star that you are made of."

As Carl Sagan used to say, "We are starstuff."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Fack me... Is this forum an intelligent debate about real things, or just a right wing christian nutter forum? FFS forget god mythologies... lets look at reality. Can we seriously just concentrate on the topic at hand, without bringing into it the god factor?

I have to agree with you WhatAliens,ive started to notice that alot myself.

It kind of,just a little bit,derails what the thread is about when "god" and "religion" gets brought into everything.
I know you religious guys think "god" and "religion" is everything and is involved in everything,but not everyone believes that or agree's,so people that dont see it the same as you should still be able to discuss matters without it always being "god" and "religion" related.

I could of said this alot differently,but im saying it nicely and civil,i hope you guys acknowledge it so i dont have to open a can of whoop whoop on yall,ya hear?

I respect their opinion,but its kind of annoying when a topic has nothing to do with either "god" or "religion",yet they find a way to bring it into the mix anyways.

Isnt that classed as trolling or whatever you guys call it?

Cheers
edit on 29-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

On these forums, there's always atleast one person screaming "aliens are demons!!!".
I just regard them as insane ramblings.

Also, well said WhatAliens, my thoughts exactly.

edit on 29/7/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

On these forums, there's always atleast one person screaming "aliens are demons!!!". I just regard them as insane ramblings.

Yer,seems like your right.

I dont like to disregard someone because they are religious,but if they continue to do what they are doing on the forums then i might start doing it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
With the amount of planets with Earth-like properties being found, the chances of there being other life are very high, whos to say they are high-tech, the majority of these ET's could be at the same level of technology as us, maybe even more primitive.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Ruler because: Spelling.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

its highly unlikely, if perhaps impossible, for our planet to be the only one in the entire universe with life. In fact, its just as unlikely that its the only life-bearing world in the galaxy.

whether or not intelligent life with sufficiently advanced tech has pinpointed our world and visited us, remains to be seen.

So far we have some historical oddities and the notion that 1% of the countless witness reports may be true to sustain the possible belief they've been here.

Its not impossible, though perhaps unlikely, that we've been visited. I can neither embrace nor reject the idea.
edit on 29-7-2011 by sgreco because: spelling

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of activity each and every civilization is performing off in space? Imagine space teeming with all walks of life with their own space vehicles. One hell of a traffic jam really.
The STS tether video could just be that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

If there is such a being as the Satan who is written about in the Christian Bible, he obviously knows what's in store for him down the road just as believers do, so what's to stop him from smartening up and getting his act together before the return of Jesus, then he too can live happily ever after? According to what Christ had to say, all sinners who accept Him as their Saviour will spend eternity living such an incredibly wonderful life in Heaven. I know if I was Satan I'd be giving that offer some serious consideration, especially as eternity is a heck of a long time to spend in any fire, never mind one that's the final destination of millions of people, all screaming and wailing in agony!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Blue Shift

P.S. -- And for the record, the size argument is a bad one. Just because something is big doesn't mean anything. If I find a marble in a box, and I have no idea how it got there, why would I assume that if I had a bigger box there would be another marble in it? Makes no sense.

Well, does the really large box have billions and billions of building blocks for marbles floating around inside it, or is it just an empty box?

Doesn't matter. Without knowing how the marble got put together with the building blocks, you just can't say it can or will happen again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join