It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here thinks that there is no other life in the universe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Well as every one should realise by now UFO's, Greys etc are definitely not extraterrestials - they are in fact just the same old supernatural phenomina in a new guise - or the same as what the Gnostics called them ,Archons.

As for other technologicaly advanced species - SETI has demonstrated by now that it is extremely unlikely.

The Gnostics held that the formation of the Earth was the result of a 'cosmic error' involving the uncontrolled descent of the Aeon Sophia into the material realm - eventually coalescing as the planet Earth herself.

The creation of organic life and later humans is part of her 'correction' her (Gaia's) jouney back to the godhead.

So.........in my view it is quite possible that we are in fact the only sentient (physical) life form in the universe.

Everyone should realise???? I don't realise. You don't know, i don't know, no one knows, its as simple as that. All we have is belief. This is your belief. Like its someones belief when they say that ufo's are demons, whatever!

No one knows!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure the answers to my questions on this subject, bit I've wondered
if there is a lets say, a civilisation in our galaxy on par with our level of technology,
wouldn't they be inadvertently making a hell of a lot of "noise" like humans do?

If there is a more advanced civilisation in our galaxy capable of at least sub relativistic speed
wouldn't that leave a detectable footprint?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have thought about this so often but I can never get past the unique and terrifically finely balanced world we live on thats needed to support us.

One tiny change to either the distance of the moon or the sun or the wobble or speed we spin at and puff, we and life have gone. Its bad enough what the planet itself can do when it 'shakes its skin' with earthquakes, tidal waves, vulcanoes and swings in and out of ice ages. I once looked at a graph of our planet's weather and it just use to swing from one extreme to the other, it actually frightened me. Our pretty settled weather up till recently, was not the norm for this planet.

I can't see similar life existing in the universe unless the planet it exists on in its solar system shares our finely balanced system. I also worry quietly that we don't find or have life find us in case that life is looking for either food, resources, hosts or slaves.

I can accept that in the past some humans, further advanced than us had to leave this planet for some reason, probably natural disaster or incoming horror and settled on either the moon or another of our solar planets. Then either they visit periodically, died out or are still on their planet having adapted to its environment.

Unless we find some means of cheap hyperspeed its unlikely we will find life and if we did, would we recognise it as life?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

It was a UFO sighted by a pilot with a radar reading.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I believe that any planet that is capable of harboring water-fresh or salty- is capable of harboring life as well; [except for a planet that is being bombarded by deadly cosmic radiation.]

I don't "think," I know that there is life in our Universe, other than on Earth- Because I've been a witness to one or two, other-worldly starcraft sighting's here on Earth myself!!!
edit on 6-8-2011 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 6-8-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
What we call Aliens are actually deceptive spirit beings posing as our creators. Beelzebub is Lord of the Fly or put it another way. Lord of those who fly or flit about in the atmosphere.

No you are wrong, it is the other way around. Aliens came to Earth posing as Gods

It is YOU that has been fooled

edit on 22-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

indeed

i strongly recommend watching this video.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/6/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Yes a very good documentary that i just watched a few days ago on TV.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Personally I say the evidence is overwhelming that aliens are here on earth.

I know there are people who think that aliens exist but they are just not visiting us.

But who here thinks that there aren't any aliens anywhere, and why?
edit on 22-7-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

the evidence is overwelming??
can you provide us with one piece of evidence if its so overwhelming

Look at the 1976 Tehran UFO incident. Then tell me what it is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Hello,
There is a difference between knowing and believing. Knowing is a virtue, Belief is a forced upon condition.
I for one know that there are others in this universe. May be it is also a culture thing or may be an experience at an early age, and a collection of experiences at every important stage of my life.

Namaste from
India, sincerely
Sai
edit on 7-8-2011 by sai1711 because: typographical error

edit on 7-8-2011 by sai1711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Wouldn't you have to be a Solopist to believe that there is no other life in the universe?

I guess I am justified then

I believe there is life, but in my own opinion, these are spiritual entities, inter-dimensional in nature

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Wouldn't you have to be a Solopist to believe that there is no other life in the universe?

I guess I am justified then

I believe there is life, but in my own opinion, these are spiritual entities, inter-dimensional in nature

Yes, one of the many other life forms, you are right.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Of course, nobody can prove a negative. Some kind of definitive proof of ET life could be discovered tomorrow. But so far, that ain't happened.
reply to post by Blue Shift

I believe that any proof of ET life would be suppressed from public knowledge. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If we found a Goldilocks planet with liquid water and older than 2-3 billions years, I would be very surprised if it didn't have some form of life on it.
edit on 7-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join