It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here thinks that there is no other life in the universe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Since there are "billions upon billions," of stars in our Universe, and since the amount of stardust atoms in the human body is 93%- Who's too say, that there is not any "intelligent," life besides Earth in our Universe.

Nobody can prove a negative. But until you know how all that stardust managed to randomly or magically cobble itself together to create a living creature with a point of view and a motivation to live, then you has no idea how common it is, and you can't assume it happened anywhere but here. After all, stars are made of 100% stardust. But they're not alive.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
I dont know if that was directed at me or not.I'll repsond anyways,ive never used the size of universe as a argument,thats just what i believe,it sounds logical to me,obviously not for you though.
Thats fine,theres nothing wrong with that,i do understand what your saying though and it sounds just as logical as to what ive said,but neither are proved.
I may be wrong,but im throwing in with the universe.

Logic isn't a matter of opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is my opninion on this whole E.T thing i strongly believe we have E.T engaging us in some way. Even if they are just watching us. The have plenty of realeased documents from other coutries and a few from the U.S where these U.F.O's are not debunked they remain U.F.O's.

Some realeased U.F.O files in the U.K

I do not believe these are demons lmao They have been seen since the beginning of human time if they were demons they would've of had us in slaved way back then when they could control us easier. These are not demons there is E.T life in my opinion. There is billions of galaxies, and to think we are the only planet to hold intelligent life is really naive. Sure we have no solid proof just a lot of U.F.O videos and pictures but even if ther was a real video out there of a E.T people would right away try and debunk it as a hoax. The only way to get solid proof in people eyes is to have the president of someone of equal power announce this. But as we all know we just get told lies by our governments. For anyone who have not watched Ancient Aliens and think there is no life look at the cave drawing from way long ago some of them resemble Greys. These were made thousands of years ago.

Some of the Drawings

I believe people need to wake up and notice these things. We all need to take part and try to get this disclosure in one way or another. Also all you skeptics watch Ancient Aliens of course not everything on there is probley 100% true but to see the evidence they show is amazing ,things that cannot be debunked. Hopefully soon we will all know the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Erno86
Since there are "billions upon billions," of stars in our Universe, and since the amount of stardust atoms in the human body is 93%- Who's too say, that there is not any "intelligent," life besides Earth in our Universe.

Nobody can prove a negative. But until you know how all that stardust managed to randomly or magically cobble itself together to create a living creature with a point of view and a motivation to live, then you has no idea how common it is, and you can't assume it happened anywhere but here. After all, stars are made of 100% stardust. But they're not alive.

It would be incredible if true we are all alone,.

I think there is other life.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I personally believe that not only is the Universe teeming with life, there's no shortage of it right here in our own Galaxy. That doesn't mean I believe that all life-supporting planets within the Milky Way host the same life forms as our planet Earth has, though I'm sure some of them do have species similar in some ways to ourselves, that have either evolved, or been genetically engineered to become the dominant life form on their home planet.
I don't like talking religion, but I do believe in a "Creator" as opposed to any "Big Bang Theory", though where that "Creator" came from, I have no idea! However, I do base my personal theory about the birth and subsequent evolution of the human species on only a few words taken from the Book Of Genesis, the first of the many books (that we know of) of the "Old Testament". "God made man in his own image" are the words that for myself, ring with more than just a smattering of "genetic egineering and experimentation", and the results so far, are what we are today. Perhaps there is an intergalactic lab with a team of scientists, whose job is to seed primitive life supporting worlds with species resembling themselves, then stand back and monitor their progression both physically and spiritually, with some once in a while adjusting to the D.N.A., then when we have reached the level of our "creators", it will be our turn to explore some corner of the Universe and do likewise.
Please remember these are only personal thoughts and beliefs I have taken from a few words, and I'm not here to argue religion of any kind!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyCigs
Oh I have a great answer for this and it comes from my crazy super Christian Aunt.

She told me that there is no way that there is other intelligent life in the Universe because there is no record of God creating any other than us.

I really felt like slapping her but I held back haha.

So I gave her the facts and said "Look the Universe is roughly 13 billion years old and yet the Earth is only about 4 billions years old. There's a huge gap of time and a huge gap of space that allows for the possibility of there being other life. The Earth is a newborn baby compared to what is out there. So if, well most likely there is other intelligent beings out there, they will be way smarter than us.....again most likely."

Then she rolled her eyes and called me a sinner. Oh I love when she visits.....

well there's no record of God creating other galaxies yet we can see them. tell her that ;p

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think the question should take two parts. 1: Has life developed on other worlds? 2: Has that life become intelligent enough to question its place in the universe?

On question one I would say absolutely. Blue Shift made a succint point in stating that the size argument is flawed, a better basis for debate is time. Has the universe been around long enough for life to have "broken out" on other planets and here I would say, "yes." The Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago and life was on the go a "mere" 700 million years later.

As for question two. Now we run into all sorts of problems and if there is intelligent life out there it is exceedingly rare. So rare that humanity may go its entire existence without ever meeting another intelligent race. If we look at the Earth as an example it may be a bit hard to believe but the Earth is incredibly hostile to life. Our planet has made at least 5 valiant attempts to rid itself of life (source below) and it's a certainty it will try again (no, NOT in bloody 2012!!). If it succeeds in bringing down humanity then the only intelligent life in the known universe would have survived for a period equivalent to the snap of a twig in the universe time-line.

S+F for asking the question.

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Logic isn't a matter of opinion.

No but i base my opinion around the logic i understand.

What are you trying to say exactly?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I believe there is life out there even if its not intelligent life there must be other life.
Are we ourselfs not proof there is life out there ?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
I think the question should take two parts. 1: Has life developed on other worlds? 2: Has that life become intelligent enough to question its place in the universe?

On question one I would say absolutely. Blue Shift made a succint point in stating that the size argument is flawed, a better basis for debate is time. Has the universe been around long enough for life to have "broken out" on other planets and here I would say, "yes." The Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago and life was on the go a "mere" 700 million years later.

As for question two. Now we run into all sorts of problems and if there is intelligent life out there it is exceedingly rare. So rare that humanity may go its entire existence without ever meeting another intelligent race. If we look at the Earth as an example it may be a bit hard to believe but the Earth is incredibly hostile to life. Our planet has made at least 5 valiant attempts to rid itself of life (source below) and it's a certainty it will try again (no, NOT in bloody 2012!!). If it succeeds in bringing down humanity then the only intelligent life in the known universe would have survived for a period equivalent to the snap of a twig in the universe time-line.

S+F for asking the question.

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know what it is about these discussions that people ignore the obvious facts in front of their face.

'No other intelligent life in the universe'?

What about the dog and cat running around your house, the monkeys swinging in the trees, the dolphins in the oceans, even the fly buzzing around your head has intelligence.

If people can't even notice the obvious facts in front of their face I don't think they are qualified to speculate on what else is out there. This thread shows a serious weakness of intelligence among humans

edit on 30-7-2011 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A perfectly valid point but I fail to see how it relates to my post in particular? You will notice if you re-read my post there is this little caveat:

Originally posted by PW229

2: Has that life become intelligent enough to question its place in the universe?

"Intelligent enough" I agree with you if you are trying to say that intelligence exists outside of our own right under our own feet. Personally I find the intelligence associated with some birds to be quite simply staggering but in this context I refer you to the quote above.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is no need for a universe of life other than Earth for our life.
So why even think about it.
Tesla made the old ploy to communicate with Mars just to get funding.
It didn't work and NASA is trying the same thing.
Same old tricks but now funded by people wishing to hide the discoveries
of Tesla which are more important for our life on Earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

There might be aliens, there might not be. I'd like to think that we're not alone in the Universe but as of yet we don't have any good evidence to suggest intelligent life is elsewhere other than our own planet (and the discovery of other Earth like planets beyond our own solar system).

There's a good chance that life exists elsewhere but we're just not sure yet. So I could go either way, I have no strong convictions on the matter. I am however curious as to the so-called "evidence" you speak of for alien visitation. Other than a few hubcaps tossed into the air and some vague reports of people being probed (most of which are recovered by hypnosis) I've seen no such evidence.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Lol you still havent U2U me about this Tesla theory you speak of.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree with you for the most part but some things people have seen and reported are things that break the Laws of Physics and we dont have that Technology yet. I dont care how much you argue we dont have it. Traveling miles in only seconds is something we cannot ascertain yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I think the Universe is full of life, extremophile microbes probably inhabit every system thru-out the entirety.

Probably very many developed species all the way up to sentience and beyond, maybe even sentient energy beings.

But.....even though we have all this life in the Universe, the distance between habitation zones (Stars) is so vast that only a minute percentage of all life could (possibly) develop a technology capable of traversing those distances in a reasonable time.

Time is also a factor in the development of an Interstellar species, it is not just space that separates us from others but also time, a great many interstellar species may have come and gone, off to another Galaxy.

I do not believe we have been visited intentionally by Aliens other than the possibility of a pit stop, if any were to find their way here.

There are no Aliens on Earth other than a few messed up humans.

Inter-dimensional realities at different frequencies remains a possibility, but again these would be different frequencies of Earth so technically not Alien.

I think we are pretty much alone on a haunted planet.

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree with you for the most part but some things people have seen and reported are things that break the Laws of Physics and we dont have that Technology yet. I dont care how much you argue we dont have it. Traveling miles in only seconds is something we cannot ascertain yet.

You think so.
Tesla was refused when he said 300 miles per second for his flying machine.
So America did not make his ship but Germany did only to be acquired by Truman
at the point of 24 subs off the US East coast.
The technology is here but you say otherwise.
Good dis info.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Traveling miles in only seconds is something we cannot ascertain yet.

Not sure what you're referring to but I can assure you that most people cannot ascertain the speed of an object in the sky from the ground. I was once night fishing with my Father, we watched this "UFO", just a light, creep painfully slow across the sky. A few minutes later, when it's relation to us had changed, we saw the blinking lights and realized it was just a plane and it seemed to be moving a lot faster from that perspective. Before I'd thought it might be a satellite in orbit it was moving so slowly.

Point is that human perception is so easily fooled when it comes to objects in the sky and on film things get even worse. Take those "RODS" for instance, they dash across the screen on film, seem large and fast moving, but they're actually just bugs close to the camera. NASA footage sometimes contain tiny fragments of debris that hover around the shuttle, but because they're in the foreground they can appear to be large objects in the distance.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

P.S. -- And for the record, the size argument is a bad one. Just because something is big doesn't mean anything. If I find a marble in a box, and I have no idea how it got there, why would I assume that if I had a bigger box there would be another marble in it? Makes no sense

Its nothing to do with how big the universe is. Its to do with what the universe is made up of. The marble example is very weak. There are billions of planets out there, all made from the same thing in the universe, so logic tells you that chances of life is very high. I am willing to bet that we will find life in our own solar system, and i believe that will be very soon.

Yes, we don't know for sure until we have evidence, but i can look at 1 square feet of land, and without seeing, know that chances are, there is life in that square feet of land. Its the same with the universe because like i said, we are all made from the same thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well as every one should realise by now UFO's, Greys etc are definitely not extraterrestials - they are in fact just the same old supernatural phenomina in a new guise - or the same as what the Gnostics called them ,Archons.

As for other technologicaly advanced species - SETI has demonstrated by now that it is extremely unlikely.

The Gnostics held that the formation of the Earth was the result of a 'cosmic error' involving the uncontrolled descent of the Aeon Sophia into the material realm - eventually coalescing as the planet Earth herself.

The creation of organic life and later humans is part of her 'correction' her (Gaia's) jouney back to the godhead.

So.........in my view it is quite possible that we are in fact the only sentient (physical) life form in the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join