It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is a non-issue. PROOF!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

My message. You can only speak for yourself, please, don't speak for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You're wasting your time, guys. People who don't want to believe the truth will never believe it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Science isn't wrong. Speculation usually is.

I'll start by saying that I don't for one moment think that comet Elenin is going to destroy our civilisation, but I can't just let your comment go unchallenged....

I was taught at school that there are nine planets, how many are they teaching kids there are today ?

There's also this Hawking admits he was wrong

That's just two examples that popped straight into my head.

Science is frequently wrong ( although most scientists will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid admitting it )

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Science isn't wrong. Speculation usually is.

I'll start by saying that I don't for one moment think that comet Elenin is going to destroy our civilisation, but I can't just let your comment go unchallenged....

I was taught at school that there are nine planets, how many are they teaching kids there are today ?

There's also this Hawking admits he was wrong

That's just two examples that popped straight into my head.

Science is frequently wrong ( although most scientists will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid admitting it )

I realize that some people accept facts that aren't facts at all, but that just means it is speculation.

Like its speculation to say that there is no such thing as another planet in the solar system, but it is fact to say that comet elenin is not one. And especially not one on a collision course with earth.
edit on 22-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
You're wasting your time, guys. People who don't want to believe the truth will never believe it.

That's about the truth of it. Makes me think I'm wasting my time on a forum altogether when all I want to do is share my knowledge.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
reply to post by smithjustinb

My message. You can only speak for yourself, please, don't speak for me.

I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking to and about you.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by athenegoddess

The Sumerians didn't know about any planets that weren't visible to the naked eye. The only one claiming otherwise is Sitchin. Nibiru isn't even a Sumerian astronomical term. It means "point of crossing," such as a river. It was the Babylonians who applied the term in an astronomical sense. To them it meant the highest point of the ecliptic, or the point of the summer solstice. The term would then apply to the constellation at this point and occasionally a planet if it were at this point. This planet was usually Jupiter or Mercury. The only evidence Sitchin has for another planet existing is Cylinder Seal VA 243. However, this shows none of the things that Sitchin claims. The inscription on it is one person pledging fealty to another. The symbols Sitchin claims depict the solar system are the Sumerian symbol for stars. We know how the Sumerians depicted the Sun and the planets and Cylinder Seal VA 243 do not show those symbols anywhere. Also, no Planet X was ever discovered unless you're talking about Pluto, Ceres, Haumea, Makemake, or Eris.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

You are speaking of syntax. You probably buy hook line and sinker that the Petronas towers are really taller than the Sears tower in Chicago, huh? It's simply an interpretation, science is not that wrong.

Hawking's explanation that information was lost in a black hole was never accepted as mainstream science, and his rescind of it later after he suffered a coma also is not mainstream science, he's a theoretical physicist. He throws out theories, we know this.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Talking about Elenin is like talking about abortion. Everyone has already decided which side they're on and no matter how much reasoning/ talking/ yelling/ screaming/ punching/ kicking goes on no one ever switches from one side to the other

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes but we can all meet up here in November and take heads, but that will never happen because something else will fill it in.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If Elenin isn't a threat.. can someone tell me WTF this is?

Now, this is right before the alignment between the Sun, Earth and Elenin which is what caused Japan Quake. Again, someone tell me what this is.
edit on 7/22/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

Elenin may be just a comet, but what is the threat? We need to be worried about the planet which has an orbit of 3600 years and is due back this fall. Planet X is REAL.

Videos like that make me boil with rage. Do people actually take them seriously?

Why would "alignments" cause earthquakes by the way? I never understood this causality. I can't help but get the feeling that people don't even know what alignment means when they use it in this "cosmic disaster" context.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Do not believe the conspiracy hype about Elenin. There are people who will find conspiracies in anything to have their 15 minutes in the sun. Who remembers 2YK?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kreeger

Who doesn't know anything about what's really happening in 2012?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by famalhut

Yes, I do know what an alignment means in every sense of the manifestation. It is a coming together or energies and archetypes to produce one powerful outcome.

I'm a fluent astrologer...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'll bite...

I must confess that Elenin has provided me with much entertainment. There have been some profoundly hilarious threads on ATS about the issue, and I cant wait to read more. Please don't listen to the Op kids...for he/she speaks only wisdom and reason. That's enough to throw a rock at anyone's fun, especially the Doomy's and their creative "Egads! We're all gonna die!" threads.

Which all leads me to this. Who is going to be the first to step up and admit that they were VERY wrong? Who is going to try and save face, and claim it was Elenin's pointy jagged orbit that finally saved us? Who is gonna blame Justin Bieber?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Comets dont get that big anyways, well around our solar system I dont know why everyone is tripping either, the world could take a million comet elenin collisions and still be kicking
edit on 22-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by famalhut

If Elenin isn't a threat.. can someone tell me WTF this is?

Now, this is right before the alignment between the Sun, Earth and Elenin which is what caused Japan Quake. Again, someone tell me what this is.

Elenin may be just a comet, but what is the threat? We need to be worried about the planet which has an orbit of 3600 years and is due back this fall. Planet X is REAL.

Videos like that make me boil with rage. Do people actually take them seriously?

Why would "alignments" cause earthquakes by the way? I never understood this causality. I can't help but get the feeling that people don't even know what alignment means when they use it in this "cosmic disaster" context.

My too, So stupid if they do take them seriously. Only one person in the world see's 2 suns? Shouldn't the whole fricken world notice 2 suns rising if the video was true?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Who doesn't know anything about what's really happening in 2012?

You think you "know", but in reality you do not. In fact, all your fear and whatever you think you "know" about Elenin, 2012, Nibiru and whatnot is created by people with all kinds of agendas, and some of those people are already way beyond the level of pathological mental illness. This is what your "knowledge" is made of, i am afraid.

I know that you WILL of course deny this since it will take an enormous amount of energy on your side to realize this fallacy and to realize of "being wrong", misled and lied to. However, you are in an never ending spiral if you think you can find "answers" by getting the next conspiracy book or checking the next conspiracy whacko nut web site. Instead of answers, you will only get more misled, lied to, more confused, depressive.

You start to create a pseudo "reality" which only exists for you and the people living in this reality AND ITS A BAD ONE. Examine your own state of mind and you will realize that i am speaking the truth!

As for Niburu, at the time when you were born i was already on the internet, active on Usenet. (Which is now more known as "Newsgroups".) I saw Nancy Lieder talking about Nibiru and the Zetas (SHE is the one person who is responsible for all that nonsense, YES..ONE SINGLE PERSON. Look up "Nibiru" on wikipedia if you dont believe me. I was talking to her on MSN chat when she was claiming the end is near when everyone was talking about Hale Bopp. THIS WAS IN THE MID 90s.

In other words, that Nibiru and Planet X crap is going on for decades now and NOTHING of it is true or has any scientific base to stand on. Its a creation by someone with either an evil agenda (money, greed, power) or out of mental illness.There are no brown dwarves, no space ships, no poisonous comet cases, no black holes, no trailing UFOs in the comet's tail, no two suns and no controlled comets - its all in their twisted mind.

If you are already at that stage that you seriously believe any of this and start arguing in THEIR favor (against any human logic and common sense)...and it starts to affect YOUR own life and psyche...you seriously need to take a break. You will find the answers in time with a clear head and with distance, conspiracy sites and "believers" will NOT give it to you!

Was it your choice to live a life in (unsubstantiated) fear that a comet will destroy mankind or 2012 would be "the end of the world"? Hardly. So..if it's indeed your choice..why then believe all this?

edit on 22-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i recently read someone breaking down elenin's name both for the meaning and the name's historical context. talk about paranoid.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Uhm...
Scientists and Science are two different things...
I thought everyone understood that...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join