It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is a non-issue. PROOF!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have no reason to disagree with what all the debunkers here have said BUT they all seem to ignore certain crucial points.
Like, the gov't says it's just a comet
So then deal with the question, IF it were an object that was going to collide with earth and take out a country or two, do you really think the gov't would tell us and if not then how can anything the gov't says be considered relevant?
And second, what about all the photos coming in showing unusual astronomical bodies in the sky?
Every one is a hoax, camera flare, light reflecting off geese bellies or failure to recognize the planet Venus?
Wouldn't such a statement basically put you on a par with those who deny the possibility of UFOs being other than natural phenomena and most of those people have very little credibility so why should those using the same excuse for strange planetary bodies be viewed as more credible?
Basically I see no support for your view that does not translate into we should believe it because YOU said so and you know it is right because your mother/gov't/teacher said so.
Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to think on that a bit.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

I have no reason to disagree with what all the debunkers here have said BUT they all seem to ignore certain crucial points.

No, actually, it's the international astronomical community that says it's a comet. The only representative of any government that has even commented on it has been the poor guy that runs the NASA "Ask An Astronomer" feature... unless you consider the faculty of the Kyeldish Mathematical Institute to be a government body, in which case, they gave Leonid Elenin an award for being the first Russian to discover as comet in twenty years.

So then deal with the question, IF it were an object that was going to collide with earth and take out a country or two, do you really think the gov't would tell us and if not then how can anything the gov't says be considered relevant?

In fact, there is not yet an established international protocol concerning this, therefore there would be no unanimity when it comes to disclosure. Why hasn't Cuba, Venezuela or Iran weighed in on this issue? Aren't they your incorruptible founts of Truth?

And second, what about all the photos coming in showing unusual astronomical bodies in the sky?
Every one is a hoax, camera flare, light reflecting off geese bellies or failure to recognize the planet Venus?

Yes. Mostly lens flares, but, yes. If there were two Suns in the skies... why haven't you seen it yet?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
Wouldn't such a statement basically put you on a par with those who deny the possibility of UFOs being other than natural phenomena and most of those people have very little credibility so why should those using the same excuse for strange planetary bodies be viewed as more credible?
Basically I see no support for your view that does not translate into we should believe it because YOU said so and you know it is right because your mother/gov't/teacher said so.
Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to think on that a bit.

How good is your science/astronomy background? There's such an overwhelming amount of stuff being said--how do YOU pick who to believe? Maybe the government says it's just a comet because it's ...just a comet. On this one, I'm going to stick with the guys that actually look though the telescopes and not some woo-woo on youtube that can't tell Venus from Uranus. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by smithjustinb

The only issue now is the 'Weird' coincidence of 3 larger-than-normal earthquakes appearing when the Comet, Elenin and Sun move in the vicinity of alignment 3 times.

And please do not bother convincing me otherwise. Only thing that will convince me is after the Sept 24 - 28 alignment....and of course, passing through the tail.

American Indians dont speak of a Blood Red moon (which has already happened) and a Blue star falling for nothing. Nor does the Mayans and just about every other historic civilization.
edit on 22-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

American Indians, Hopi, Maya etc. have their right to have their religion, spiritualism and predictions.

However, the "coincidence" of a so called alignment of the comet/planets and Earthquakes only exist in your own head - and you just use fragments of other culture's religions, spiritualism, legends etc. to use it to fabricate a reality for you - no matter how far fetched the relationships may be, as long as it fits "somehow" into your own belief system. (Or what you were taught by other people sharing the same, twisted belief system)

(In other words: If you look long enough, you can find "evidence" for your pure fictional theories in almost any predictions and religions..giving you alleged "proof" that what you think must be true)

Fact is, that from an astronomical point of view (even from an *astrological!* ) a 5km large piece of ice/dirt in about the same distance to Earth as Venus has ZERO relevance - with gravitational forces which are a BILLION times smaller than the moon etc.

"Alignments" are common..planets and bigger bodies in our solar system align "all the time", so to speak..a few decades ago there was a similar doomsday prophecy because as far as i remember a bunch of/ALL planets were "aligned" many years ago - needless to say nothing happened despite people "predicting" that a major catastrophe would happen.

You might also be surprised that "passing through the tail" is something very normal, we did already many times with comets which are FAR bigger than Elenin. (Passing through a comet's tail/remnants is the reason we have meteor showers, by the way). There is no significant particle density in a comet's tail, let alone that it poses a thread of any any kind. (I think it was yesterday that i read that a comet's tail's density is only marginally larger than the vacuum of Space..but as said its not relevant since we pass through such remnants all the time, we get bombarded by 40.000 pieces of space "debris" every day, majority burns up in the atmosphere tho)

Earthquakes do NOT happen because planets align or comets arrive but because of tectonic movement and comets, Moon, Venus etc. have nothing to do with it. What is there to convince?

edit on 23-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

What if the effects are being caused from something other than gravitational forces?

Such as the recently discovered 'Magnetic Ropes'!!!

I have to laugh, everyone talks about things outside of this planet like they have 100% certain knowledge of how everything operates in this universe when the TRUTH is the EXACT OPPOSITE

SO STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WHEN 'WE AS A SPECIES' CLEARLY DO NOT.

WHAT IF THE RELATIONSHIP TO THE SUN AND EARTH IS SOMEHOW DIFFERENT WITH THIS COMET

SOMETHING NOT EXPERIENCED IN, OH LET ME THINK, 10,000 ODD YEARS

The alignments are not in anyones head, they can clearly be seen, and clearly coincide/correlate to dates of significant geological events on Shan/Earth....and as I said YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.

But, please, waste more time explaining how this isn't possible, because you obviously know absolutely everything about this universe and how it operates.

Can I call you God?
edit on 24-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I have to laugh, everyone talks about things outside of this planet like they have 100% certain knowledge of how everything operates in this universe when the TRUTH is the EXACT OPPOSITE

So... you know the truth, and everyone else is wrong. How is it that you are the only one who knows the truth, exactly?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by LightAssassin

So... you know the truth, and everyone else is wrong. How is it that you are the only one who knows the truth, exactly?

What? No, It's not what I am implying...please re-read. It means the TRUTH is we know NOTHING of this universe, which is the exact opposite of EVERYTHING or 100% Knowledge...and you cannot discount this VERY MAJOR factor, the UNKNOWN. The energetic relation we haven't discovered.

And I KNOW you have enough intellect to understand what I wrote, so my question to you is why are you subverting from my statement?
edit on 24-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I have to laugh, everyone talks about things outside of this planet like they have 100% certain knowledge of how everything operates in this universe when the TRUTH is the EXACT OPPOSITE SO STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WHEN 'WE AS A SPECIES' CLEARLY DO NOT. WHAT IF THE RELATIONSHIP TO THE SUN AND EARTH IS SOMEHOW DIFFERENT WITH THIS COMET SOMETHING NOT EXPERIENCED IN, OH LET ME THINK, 10,000 ODD YEARS

I did not say i know everything, and no scientist would seriously claim they know everything. But some things are just too uninteresting and in fact already researched quite well...or simply dont deserve the attention you THINK they do because of the conspiracy web sites.

I am not a professional astronomer, i only have a hobby interest in such things ..and i know already there are much, much more interesting and mysterious things out there which cannot even remotely come close to a simple comet (which is not even spectacular in any sense).

There is simply no reason to speculate and ponder about a stupid and rather un-interesting comet which (possible) can not even be seen with the naked eye.

And you are right, there are MANY things "we as species" do not know...but i am sorry the comet just doesnt make the cut since it hasn't any secrets for me. Instead of wasting time getting fake information from channelers and nonsense site - there are better and more interesting things in this universe which are real and dont need made up stories surrounding them.
edit on 25-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The 'Two suns' 'Lens flare' comments are dismissive, unnecessary and is in a singular fashion.

Most of the rest seems fair enough in terms.
There should have been room though for speculation on virus, as science allows and mundane as that may or not be, invalidates the OP title in context.
I should not expect a big shout from governments as their expert scaremongering usually occurs at a terrestrial level, (When Col; Gadaffi farts we should all be scared) well, not me 'cos I'm married

Anyway, we should all enjoy the show when it happens and, maybe the only question I have is how will Venus be affected.
edit on 1-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I find it amusing that the people who claim that the orbital diagrams that show alignments between the Earth Sun & Elenin at certain times also refuse to believe that the SAME orbital diagrams are correct when they show the comet missing Earth by a large margin.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Science isn't wrong. Speculation usually is.

Lol science isnt wrong? dude how many times have scientific theories been disproven. Do you really think that in 100 years they wont have disproved all our curren theories?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11

Lol science isnt wrong? dude how many times have scientific theories been disproven. Do you really think that in 100 years they wont have disproved all our curren theories?

I understand that. They used to think the Universe revolved around the Earth and the Earth was flat. But when science makes an observation like, "the sky is blue", "grass is green", "seven continents on Earth", "Elenin won't smack into Earth", then science is offering a precise observation. Especially when those observations are made by modern instruments and math that have been 100% successful in predicting orbits of these kinds of things before. Unless this is an intelligently controlled space ship that's just making us think its a comet so it can change its course in mid flight sometime later down the road and surprise us and prove all the nut job conspiracy theorists right, you can bet you ass this thing is not dangerous at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 20COMEtMYanELENINe11

You are missing the point.
Science is how to get from a recollection of facts to a coherent hypotesis, Theory, Law.

The interpretation of both facts AND the scientific method is the scientific practice. And that IS fallible.

And when you say an old theory was wrong, you are missing the fact that that theory was formed from the then current set of evidence. And according to the EVIDENCE AVAILABLE, that was a logical conclusion.
Only after new knowldege was gained (more evidence collected, better equipment available, etc) scientist could discern which interpretation of the previous set of evidence was correct.(Cue "Ether")

Science isn't wrong. Scientists may be.

So be it.
Drakus

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join