It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is a non-issue. PROOF!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I get tired of people crying about a comet because they like to imagine it as threatening. Its all in your heads people. You people know how to turn anything into a conspiracy. It's really sad. So I found this great article that might help all of you who are delusional come to terms with reality.

Its not a planet. Its not a star. Its a comet. Its not even a spectacular comet or even a noteworthy comet. Its just a plain old comet, and its not on a collision course with Earth. Quit trippin.

Come to terms with reality here:
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Finally!

Now its getting people to believe this that is the issue.

JUST A COMET PEOPLE. Calm down.

Which government? The Australian Government, the UK Government? The Italian Government? The South African Government? Amateur astronomers world wide are following this comet and continually talking to each other.

^This. This so hard I'm screaming it.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think many people are just scarred emotionally from all the lies and disinformation from "official sources", now they can't believe anything they're told and suspect lies from everywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But, but, what if they're all wrong and its a giant planet coming to kill us all? Did you think of that?!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
But, but, what if they're all wrong and its a giant planet coming to kill us all? Did you think of that?!

Science isn't wrong. Speculation usually is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The last thing i read about Elenin was.....it wont come closer than 0.23au....which is millions of miles away....nothing to worry about....unless your a fearmongerer lol

People are blowing this whole thing out of proportion....we wont die from a comet passing by millions of miles away...we wont end up in the tail and be bombarded with rocks...mainly because its ice...but also because....it doesnt come ANYWHERE near our planet.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The speculation isn't wrong just what comes from the mouths of the loons

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

The speculation isn't wrong just what comes from the mouths of the loons

No, speculation isn't always wrong. But if you begin your searching based on false beliefs, your discoveries are likely to be false too.

Facts are never wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

People just are unable too see logic as far as this comet is concerned, i hope some of them actually take the time to read this and think about it, then perhaps this stupidity will stop, but i doubt it will altogether. I have seen pic's of hale bop being used as elenin lol, it is just getting silly now.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think some people truly do need a doom scenario to continue breathing.

I came across this yesterday, it's a simulation of what would happen if Elenin was a brown dwarf with the mass of just .05 solar mass.

spaceobs.org...

I'm sure someone has posted this on ATS, but think it deserves mention in any Elenin thread.

Don't worry doom and gloomers, you still have 12/21/2012 to uh..look forward to?

edit on 22-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by Backslider because: S-M-R-T. Derf.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What makes your proof and information any more trust worthy then the evidence and information the doomsday people dish out. Its up to the individual and how they take the evidence.

Which in my opinion stacks up more to the side of the doomsday.

Who's to say your information isnt professional disinformation?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo

Science, math, the laws of gravity, amateur astronomers around the world..

Everything is ok. I'm not saying people shouldn't prepare for the worst, because we all should. But Elenin is not the Hand of Death people are saying.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

This! When you got the frikkin UN telling the mainstream news to divert all attention from the phone hacking scandal, who the hell can you trust anymore?

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Very well put. I enjoyed reading the Article. I took a simple Intro to Astronomy class fall of 2010 and when everyone started the omg we are all gonna die hype about Elenin i simply looked over the 2 major facts that its only what roughly 6-7 Kilometers large? and roughly 0.23 AU away at closet point from Home. Anyone who calls themselves a Space fan or Astronomy lover should know simply that means absolutely nothing in terms of Extinction Level Event. So please ppl STFU and live your lives and move to the next prophecy or prediction that our world is ending. Besides we will explain to you why yall are wrong then also.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I dig your sarcasm, and must add my own:
What if they're all wrong, and it's a giant flying spaghetti monster coming to save us all? Did you think of that?!

Both are equally possible in the realm of fact-less pseudo science.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
What makes your proof and information any more trust worthy then the evidence and information the doomsday people dish out. Its up to the individual and how they take the evidence.

Which in my opinion stacks up more to the side of the doomsday.

For one thing, its based on scientific observation on a scientific credible website vs. paranoid speculation on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brommas

People just are unable too see logic as far as this comet is concerned, i hope some of them actually take the time to read this and think about it, then perhaps this stupidity will stop, but i doubt it will altogether. I have seen pic's of hale bop being used as elenin lol, it is just getting silly now.

LMAO!

Like I said, people will make a conspiracy out of anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I am sorry, but this is not science fact at all, but speculation.

We will see what they report next week, and the week after, funny how the "facts" just keep changing.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If Elenin isn't a threat.. can someone tell me WTF this is?

Now, this is right before the alignment between the Sun, Earth and Elenin which is what caused Japan Quake. Again, someone tell me what this is.
edit on 7/22/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

Elenin may be just a comet, but what is the threat? We need to be worried about the planet which has an orbit of 3600 years and is due back this fall. Planet X is REAL.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
If Elenin isn't a threat.. can someone tell me WTF this is?

Now, this is right before the alignment between the Sun, Earth and Elenin which is what caused Japan Quake. Again, someone tell me what this is.

I see about 3 or 4 "reflections" not just a double sun. This was filmed through glass, many people love using glass and calling it Nibiru Elenin instant doom, then the whole subject is discredited as loons wanting a doomsday.
There's bad apples in every bunch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join