It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you ready?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Ascension, to me, is evolution. I believe evolution occurs along a line of expanding awareness. For example, from self-awareness to collective awareness.

Cool. Thanks. Is that also what the OP is talking about? Ascension relates to evolution?

Yes.

I just mean, what would you expect an evolved human to look like or behave like?

Well, isn't that what we are? Or are you talking about modern humans exhibiting a new mutation?

I mean, on this planet, there will be a higher being than what a human is currently. Just like millions of years ago, this planet knew of no higher intelligence. Now it does. And eventually there will be even higher.

What about higher intelligence? Expanded awareness? The definition of progression indicates that it is progressing towards something, doesn't it?

Well, again I don't think the theory of evolution indicates any species progressing. Life adapts to new conditions and it either is successful or not.

Conditions are progressing are they not? So, according to what you said, since the conditions are progressing, shouldn't human adaptation follow suit. Hell, we're evolving all the time.

As far as humans go what do you believe will prompt speciation, or another successful mutation?

Speciation could occur if an E.T. race landed here and intervened with our normal way of life. Any kind of paradigm shift like that would be enough, I think, to precipitate a genetic change. Also, if you think about the impact materialism has had on the human condition, you could see how the end of materialism could be a great enough paradigm shift to alter our DNA.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

to me it's not just the dna altering we are actually going to ascend out of our bodies into light beings but that's just what i think.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD

I believe we have free will, but it is an illusion. I believe free will is used for the acquisition of knowledge(vs. wisdom) which is used for the progression of materialism. I believe when you go with the flow of nature you are letting go of your false sense of self and existing as part and one with the all whereby you act according to nature and you are no longer carrying out your will, rather it is the will of God.

If it is my will to fly, I can't just will myself in the sky. Therefore free will is limited by the facet of your being and therefore not really free at all.

you cant have an illusion. You cant have free will without knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom and knowledge go hand and hand you can't have one without the other. Materialism is something that controls 99% percent of the worlds population but if you have gained wisdom and knowledge and you are"self-enlightened" you'll realize there's no need for such things.If you go with the flow of your higher conscious you can still let go of the false sense of self.mankind only recognizes itself as such by the conception of self place upon by society. in other word we are able to draw a conclusion about the process of self realization that occurs in the brain in terms of whether the person perceives personal sovereignty. who is god where is god. If we become one with god does that make us gods? Who says you can't fly maybe you don't know enough about the human body and how it works to fly.

Duality is an illusion because it is not this. And materialism further propagates the illusion by keeping us from seeing our true self as part and one with nature whereby we were aware of the original illusion as being an illusion. Now we are so far from being aware of the original illusion due to our false sense of self created by materialism. It is an illusion because it gives us a false sense of reality(self).

Wisdom comes from the harmonious interaction between you and your true self as part and one with nature. Knowledge comes from the objective interaction between you and nature covered by a veil of materialism.

Wisdom works for the quality of your being the way knowledge works for the quality of your false being(your materialistic being).

You can't have free will with wisdom, because at that point you are carrying out the will of the creator. Albeit, you are part of the creator and it is your will as well.

So the question is, are you carrying out the will of your true self (dualistic expression of the unified creator), or are you carrying out the will of your false self (materialistic expression of the human creation)?

One of those is a much more substantial than the other.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamjagger11

to me it's not just the dna altering we are actually going to ascend out of our bodies into light beings but that's just what i think.

I've developed a pretty reasonable hypothesis to support this theory. But I have to warn you all who might read it, its going to go against everything you thought you knew about the nature of the physical universe. Nonetheless logical.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So once this occurs, we might still have DNA and it would probably be different and made of different stuff. Its all about duality and DNA is a dual stranded spiral. Just read the link. Reply there too. And here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

actually you could be right , our bodies could just transform into light rather than ascending out of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I believe we have free will, but it is an illusion. I believe free will is used for the acquisition of knowledge(vs. wisdom) which is used for the progression of materialism. I believe when you go with the flow of nature you are letting go of your false sense of self and existing as part and one with the all whereby you act according to nature and you are no longer carrying out your will, rather it is the will of God.

If it is my will to fly, I can't just will myself in the sky. Therefore free will is limited by the facet of your being and therefore not really free at all.

you cant have an illusion. You cant have free will without knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom and knowledge go hand and hand you can't have one without the other. Materialism is something that controls 99% percent of the worlds population but if you have gained wisdom and knowledge and you are"self-enlightened" you'll realize there's no need for such things.If you go with the flow of your higher conscious you can still let go of the false sense of self.mankind only recognizes itself as such by the conception of self place upon by society. in other word we are able to draw a conclusion about the process of self realization that occurs in the brain in terms of whether the person perceives personal sovereignty. who is god where is god. If we become one with god does that make us gods? Who says you can't fly maybe you don't know enough about the human body and how it works to fly.

Duality is an illusion because it is not this. And materialism further propagates the illusion by keeping us from seeing our true self as part and one with nature whereby we were aware of the original illusion as being an illusion. Now we are so far from being aware of the original illusion due to our false sense of self created by materialism. It is an illusion because it gives us a false sense of reality(self).

Wisdom comes from the harmonious interaction between you and your true self as part and one with nature. Knowledge comes from the objective interaction between you and nature covered by a veil of materialism.

Wisdom works for the quality of your being the way knowledge works for the quality of your false being(your materialistic being).

You can't have free will with wisdom, because at that point you are carrying out the will of the creator. Albeit, you are part of the creator and it is your will as well.

So the question is, are you carrying out the will of your true self (dualistic expression of the unified creator), or are you carrying out the will of your false self (materialistic expression of the human creation)?

One of those is a much more substantial than the other.

you cant be one with nature and god because there two different things. What is our true-self do you know it? It doesn't give you a false sense of reality you give yourself a false sense of reality?Who determines whats real and fake? We do. True knowledge comes from within and wisdom is to make best use of your knowledge. Wisdom is to act or determine something based on your knowledge. It is to deeply understand and realize different things. There is no false being unless you make it. Wisdom and knowledge are hand and hand they both work with you if you know yourself. When you can show me the creator or when you can determine his Will i would like to know. Because you dont know his will and when you can meet God then you can tell me. I believe that society bases god on somebody who has higher technology that looks divine or there of an higher dimension and since we are all capable of doing that we are all GODS. I am carrying out neither i am carrying out what i Believe is right based on my knowledge and wisdom and self-realization. i dont agree with either of those ideas? What is your definition of a GOD?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

my understanding of "GOD" is the SOURCE from which everything exists from,that is the absolute GOD SOURCE and we are all the beings of this SOURCE ,the SOURCE runs through us all,it does not judge it just IS.We are all GODS connected to this same SOURCE.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it's like a plug ,you plug it into the SOURCE (electricity) that's the same as us ,we are all plugs that plug in to this SOURCE.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I mean, on this planet, there will be a higher being than what a human is currently. Just like millions of years ago, this planet knew of no higher intelligence. Now it does. And eventually there will be even higher.

How do you know that further speciation of hominids will result in higher intelligence? Also, the concept of "higher" results from our imposing of a hierarchy. Evolution doesn't operate as a ladder with "higher" species as a result.

Conditions are progressing are they not? So, according to what you said, since the conditions are progressing, shouldn't human adaptation follow suit. Hell, we're evolving all the time.

No, conditions change and life forms adapt. The ones that have better suited adaptations have the appearance of "progressing" though it's not progress. It's simply a successful adaptation.

Speciation could occur if an E.T. race landed here and intervened with our normal way of life. Any kind of paradigm shift like that would be enough, I think, to precipitate a genetic change. Also, if you think about the impact materialism has had on the human condition, you could see how the end of materialism could be a great enough paradigm shift to alter our DNA.

If "ET" intervened in our biology we're no longer talking about evolution.

And I don't see how materialism could have any impact that would result in DNA mutation but I'll remain open to the possibility.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The last known mutations of homo sapiens sapiens did not involve improved mental abilities or prowess.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

start connecting to the source bro, you seem a bit disconnected lol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I can show you God, but you might not believe me. I can show you his will, but you might choose to believe his will is what you want to believe his will is. Therefore, showing you anything doesn't actually show them anything. Unless you are really open to the idea of being shown. Unless you first admit that you don't know already. Until you do that, you won't learn anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The last known mutations of homo sapiens sapiens did not involve improved mental abilities or prowess.

It didn't?? I thought the last known mutation of homos sapiens sapiens led to organized civilizations and contribution to the acceleration of knowledge and control over our destiny.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What is your definition of a GOD?

We are "a god" to any being who isn't as great as us. Any being who is greater than us is "a god".

Greatness is relative to ultimates of which there are two. The God is the ultimates as one.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adamjagger11

your source kinda sounds like this thing we call chi. but i love how adamjagger11 used the electricity connection there's a lot of different sources of energy you can use to get the same affect as electricity like free energy, nuclear , solar e.t.c but you just need different equipment to make that energy useable. What i am trying to say is there different Gods and there's lots of gods we dont know of and more in development.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That is an exact definition of what I was looking for.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

nah bro i mean the absolute GOD SOURCE that we are all connected to or we would cease to exist!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

I can show you God, but you might not believe me. I can show you his will, but you might choose to believe his will is what you want to believe his will is. Therefore, showing you anything doesn't actually show them anything. Unless you are really open to the idea of being shown. Unless you first admit that you don't know already. Until you do that, you won't learn anything.

I honestly dont care what his will is, but if you show me him ill be glad to listen and take my own opinion of it and move on from there. I dont know his will i am eager to learn i probably wont except his/her ways. But who knows?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adamjagger11

well i dont know if such a source exist but i guess ill find out one day.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It didn't?? I thought the last known mutation of homos sapiens sapiens led to organized civilizations and contribution to the acceleration of knowledge and control over our destiny.

Not really.
The last known mutation involved eye color and what we would now recognize as racial identifiers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join