It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan Involvement in the NOTW Scandal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I know he's had a rocky experience with the British tabloids and I really didn't like his recent interview with Jesse Ventura.

Maybe it's because Jesse is a conspiracy theorist and I was biased towards him, but the line of questioning Morgan took seemed very confrontational, like he had his mind made up for a full-on attack rather than listen to anything Ventura had to say.

Anyways, here's the story:

“Then,” Morgan wrote, “anyone can call your number and, if you don’t answer, tap in the standard four digit code to hear all your messages.” He added, archly, “I’ll change mine just in case, but it makes me wonder how many public figures and celebrities are aware of this little trick.”

www.thestar.com...

Perhaps CCN has a bit of egg on their faces too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good find, this could be an interesting twist.

Someone quick, wake the dead and bring Larry out of retirement, just in case.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Maybe it's because Jesse is a conspiracy theorist and I was biased towards him, but the line of questioning Morgan took seemed very confrontational, like he had his mind made up for a full-on attack rather than listen to anything Ventura had to say.

I saw that interview as well, and was not impressed with his interview skills at all. he was egging Jesse on...and he did the same sort of thing when he interviewed the WinkleVoss twins,about their court case against Facebook.

He was condescending ,as well as provoking in the type of questions he had. Not impressed with his style of interview at all. Larry King was far more professional than he is.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Morgan is nothing but a paid Govt. De-Bunker IMO. It became clear after the Ventura Interview. I can't even stand to see him on the screen anymore after that.

He went into that interview with the goal of having his say only and he made sure of that. It actually reminded me of Anderson Cooper.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Is egg on the face as tasty as pie in the face?
This story just seems to get longer and wider, doesn't it? And yet, I don't think anything will happen to the power elites. Distract and deceive, point elsewhere. What a game!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Yeah. That interview was an eye-opener for me too.

King, much more professional, had his own bias as well, but never came across as nasty.

On professional reporting, think this rates as high?

When he joined the Daily Mirror in 1995, he tangled with Prime Minister Tony Blair’s wife, Cherie, and infuriated the Royal Family by buying an expose from Princess Diana’s former butler, Paul Burrell, then publishing letters between Diana and Hewitt.

In 2004, he was sacked after the paper published mocked-up photos of British soldiers apparently abusing an Iraqi prisoner: a gaffe the Mirror said was a “calculated and malicious hoax” at their expense.

www.thestar.com...

edit on 19/7/11 by masqua because: inserted link

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Had been watching the whole questioning of the Murdochs and Morgan was tweeting away constantly. Morgan was having a great laugh at the whole thing.

He kept throwing in tweets from his celebrity buddies like Alec Baldwin and Alan Sugar.

It was a beautiful then when he was thrown into the questioning just at the very end. I can just imagine the look on Morgans face when his name was mentioned.

It wouldn't look good for Piers to be associated with the disgraceful hacking that went on or it to be suggested that he was one of the very first to talk about how it could be done in his book. After all he left all that nasty newspaper lifestyle behind him. Hes one of the important people in the US now.

He had to scramble then to make sure he got onto Wolfs evening programme to defend himself.

Priceless.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

What is most telling about this man is that he was an alleged hoaxer, yet he talks all righteous about "journalism" now, and especially about this NOTW scandal.

This guy would do anything to MAKE a story, even if it had to be fabricated apparently.

According to your source article he was fired once for this:

In 2004, he was sacked after the paper published mocked-up photos of British soldiers apparently abusing an Iraqi prisoner: a gaffe the Mirror said was a “calculated and malicious hoax” at their expense.

If he had played a role in a hoax like this here at ATS what would you mods have done?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.FacadeIf he had played a role in a hoax like this here at ATS what would you mods have done?

No question there
and the reason I've glommed onto ATS for so many years now.

The tabloids always were a source for complete idiocy. Thinking back over all the times waiting in checkout counters and seeing the ridiculous headlines, I'd be mentally shaking my head at the absolute trash they offered. You could almost forgive anyone who worked for them for their crazy material.

However... that phoney bit with the soldiers and the captive is inexcusable even for tabloid journalism. No wonder he got fired.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Once you work for Ted Turner

You always work for Ted Turner.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You know what they say once a hacker always a hacker. Pierce has proved this time and time again, and yet he has the cheek to brag about it in a book, and then turns round and slags others off, one Hypocrite that is for sure,

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
it's only a matter of time before karma will bite him in the @ss

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

Tardy Karma is irritating, though.
Speedy retribution is so much more preferable in this age of instant global communication, don't you agree?

At least Piers hasn't yet joined in the chorus of ~I'm Sorry's~ we've currently been inundated with.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You can bet Piers is right up to his eyeballs. Smarmy git!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know... if you actually watch the Jesse Ventura interview with Piers Morgan, you can see it's clearly scripted.

(Imagine a former wrestler scripting something.... omg)

I mean, Ventura says why didn't the WTC collapse in 93.... Piers says cause it's a small plane. Ventura denies it. Ventura wasn't even being serious. The whole interview was scripted word for word. Ventura is on the same team.

TruTV is owned by Turner, same as CNN. They're on the same team. Think about it.
edit on 22-7-2011 by foood4thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I would be afraid to push Ventura too far....lol.....I'd be too afraid he start going into some pro wrestling flashbacks and start flipping me around the room.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Carefull what you are saying boys.

Don't want any of you waking up dead like the news of the world reporter that exposed the scandel and to think we allow the police to investiage themselves over this one because the IPCC is about as independant as my misses is with regards to me and the IPCC throw 89% of a complaints against the police in the bin.

You would be stupid to exspect anything but a whitewash but it's free entertainment for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Morgan is nothing but a paid Govt. De-Bunker IMO. It became clear after the Ventura Interview. I can't even stand to see him on the screen anymore after that.

He went into that interview with the goal of having his say only and he made sure of that. It actually reminded me of Anderson Cooper.

I would have to agree...it seems as if the majority of Piers Morgans interviews seem to always go "his way". I pretty much threw out CNN when he arrived as I did when that other British accented reporter who pops up on AC 360. CNN seems to have a new line up every three to six months now, not to mention, what's with all the British reporters suddenly on US news? The only person who is news worthy anymore on CNN is Wolf Blizter and he's very questionable nowadays. CNN's sister station HLN, is like the comedy channel of news.

CNN/HLN is crap and so is Piers Morgan and that awful Nancy Grace and mean faced Jane Velez Mitchel who can never seem to find a suitable wig

top topics

join