It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

There was violence long before video games. Just look at the history and the reason for the Rome Coloseum.

case in point.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If that was my child I would lock him in his room before he could even get a hammer! Kids these days

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by knowseriously

I agree, and I have said this a few times no avail. This is a conspiracy website. And due to our point system, people post any and allllllll stories, and the more shocking the better. I really fail to see what this story has to do with abovetopsecret. The same as the thread posted the other day of afghanis killing Paki police. Of course, our opinion will continue to go unheeded,, believe me.
edit on 7/19/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised of he was on some type of medication for mental health. The mental health system can suck it. It is so bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Yep.. you got two working parents... not at home... and they wonder why this happens?

As always it goes back to parenting.... And the reality is that the overwhelming majority of people on our world today are emotionally disturbed or suffer from a mental illness... when those parents continue that cycle... this is what happens

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

There's a serious discussion available to us over whether this is a sign of the times, and whether video games are in part to blame, or bad parenting, or whatever.

(Never mind the fact that none of th ose details are actually available to us.)

But it's still a thing that has happened, and so we want to talk about it. One of the worst of the worst -- how many of these Worsts are there? That's the discussion that, ideally, we would be having, rather than saying "everything sucks."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Why wait till he is 18? Is it improper to kill him now?

Wether you like it or not people remember this: Every criminal scum that exists is a product of the society in which it was conceived. A society is only as evolved as its worst criminals.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I knew a couple who were the nicest people you could meet... in public. The male was a truck driver and the female was a pediatrician. The female had a 13 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. Behind closed doors I witnessed physical abuse on both children that you would never suspect would come from this couple. This couple also had a gun shelf in their bedroom with several guns and bullets beside them (the male was a hunter).

I don't know where these kids are now, but I always said to myself that one of these days two guns are going to be locked and loaded in the hands of her children, and it's going to be pressed against their heads.

Just sayin' .

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's a sign that we should put people like murdoch in jail, never to think of them again. Then use all his money to help kids with problems such as this one.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

The game of football has always been dangerous. In the late 19th century, on Saturday afternoons, bored college students started kicking a ball around, running and tackling each other on the front lawns of their dormitories. Thus football was born when it became more organized. The first game of organized football was played between Princeton and Rutgers. It was more like soccer with a round ball but a lot more aggressive when this first game was played. As the game got more popular through the years it morphed into more of the traditional game of today but college students still got hurt and died while playing the game so they added leather helmets which helped but it didn't do much good. The "Flying Wedge" was a play that was later banned because too many players were getting killed. In fact the game of football was almost banned totally from college campuses because the game was too dangerous. The students threatened to continue to play off campus though if the game was banned so the birth of the NCAA came in 1906, setting down strict rules, outlawing certain plays and improved the football gear the players wore to cut down on injuries and deaths.

I would say this boy was spoiled. He wanted to throw a party but his parents wouldn't let him so he eliminated them so he could throw a party. Being a High School dropout proves the kid had troubles. I'm not sure if he had brothers and sisters but I'm willing to bet he was an only child. Being the parent's only child he got what he wanted when he wanted. Both parents seemed like hard working professionals and were probably not home much while raising the kid. Thus the parents felt guilty while raising him because they weren't home much so they gave him what ever he wanted when he wanted and when he couldn't throw a party he threw a tanatrum. In today's society if a child is acting up they can't be spanked so they drug them if they are too far out of control. If you look at this kid's history he was probably on Ritalin for Attention Deficit when he was younger. But this is not the first time in history that kids have killed their parents. It happened a hundred years ago and it will happen again in the future.

www.ncaa.org...

www.the-game.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock404
reply to post by fordrew

I would say this boy was spoiled. He wanted to throw a party but his parents wouldn't let him so he eliminated them so he could throw a party. Being a High School dropout proves the kid had troubles.

I enjoyed the history lesson, but the bolded opinion is incorrect. That may be proof for a majority of kids, but I have a very close friend who dropped out of school. He did this because his mom could not get work due to a disability, and he was of working age. He quit school, and immediately got a job to support two brothers, a sister, his mom and himself. How is that a kid with troubles? Not all kids quit school due to being a troubled youth. Please do not generalize.
edit on 19-7-2011 by czlong07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

What ever happend to that girl?
I don't blame her for what she did, even thought it was totally wrong.

Anyway, video games, television, etc are not responsible for any violence in the world. Like another member said above "Bad people will do bad things" regardless of anything. It is bound to happen. People who use video games, etc are making excuses, mental illnesses exist, and those who are affected could be a danger to people around them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Perhaps a sign of the times my America is in. The severity of the crimes committed have indeed gone up. Horrible crimes such as murder have increased among the very young I think. I remember a case with an 8yr old I believe. The America of today is not like the America my parents, and grandparents grew up with.

Plenty of bad things happened then but not at the number that they happen today and not among young people.
I think lack of good parenting can be to blame. Not enough love, not a belt to the butt when he probably should have needed one. But ultimately it was his choice. Just like we all have a choice.
No one is born with hate, not everything is a mental illness to be treated with a pill.
That's like putting a band aid on a bullet wound. People suffer all around the world. They're not all out to hurt, murder, or do anyone wrong. Not even those that have wronged them. Forgiveness is the path to healing.
edit on 19-7-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Murder is a way of life it seems. You got monkeys who kill other monkeys, ant's that attack and kill other ant nest's. Killer whales.. Even that piece of chicken your eating was murdered. The plant that was grown and killed so you could have that cup of coffee.. The list goes on people....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

There's a different in murder and killing. Self defense is not murder. Dying in the process of protecting or saving another isn't murdering yourself. It's not suicide. We are not animals. We have a conscience, the ability to not do something. We do not behave on instinct.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would've hated being at that party, and finding a pretty girl, decide to find our way to a 'make out spot'...unknowingly jimmying open the door to the room with the Dead parents in it, to use!

AWKWARD!!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I know! It scares me because it's murder for entertainment....

I don't see that it is any different than a snuff film...without the sex.
It is televised execution, and one day they'll probably be legal and prime time, since some psychological think tank will find it does not affect the viewer at all except perhaps to make us more grateful for our own relatively improved situation.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

There was violence long before video games. Just look at the history and the reason for the Rome Coloseum.

case in point.

I'm looking....where is it?
Or did you mean the aforementioned was the case in point and "case in point" is just hanging in air with nothing to follow it? Anyway I think I said this about a hundred times...they influence and desensitize, that's all.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Has anyone thought maybe the boy had been abused by his parents? There is a reason he killed them. He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

Not justifying his actions - they were wrong. But I've seen two posts here implying that they somehow must have been nice people because they had "good jobs'.

He killed his parents and threw a party. Does that sound like he hated them to anyone here? And what generates such hate?

Not saying he was abused, but his actions certainly match that scenario.

that was my first thought. its much more likely that he has some grievance against them than him being insane and them not noticing throughout his 17 years.

being in a situation like that, you always want revenge.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

I would've hated being at that party, and finding a pretty girl, decide to find our way to a 'make out spot'...unknowingly jimmying open the door to the room with the Dead parents in it, to use!

AWKWARD!!

No more awkward than your reply to this tragedy. I know...you're in shock I'll excuse you.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join