It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen hammers parents to death and then has a party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Obviously this kid didn't get beaten enough and thinks he can get away with everything.
You people can keep complaining about abuse, its worked for millions of years. Hell I bet Dinosaurs beat their kids too when they acted up.

Its like ever since we stopped beating our kids the world has gone downhill.
Greedy spoiled fat cats running this country now.

There is a difference between keeping your kids in line with a hand, and outright torturing them.

Physical or mental abuse is different than using physical or emotional means to teach your kids a lesson. Some people go too far, and when the line is crossed, bad things come out of it.

People from all walks of life come from all kinds of family settings. There is no universal way to raise a kid. It is up to the discretion of the parents. And some are not teaching their kids lessons, some are just taking their anger/fear/insecurities out on them...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
17 yr old Tyler Hadley

Correction - I first heard his father and mother worked for Stuart Nuclear Facility but it appears now his father is reported as working for FPL - Florida Power and Light
And his mother a teacher for the school district for the past 20 years. She was an elementary school teacher.
Rest their souls.

In August another youth killed his parents in Ft Pierce.

I am not blaming video games for this.

Are they are factor?.....I don't think the gratuitous violence helps and I think they may be inspirational or dry runs for some people with this already in their crazy heads. Not saying video games create killers either.

In this case he invited the party goers early in the day on facebook and killed his parents after.
Possible his parents forbade him from throwing a party and inviting his friends or else this brutal and premeditated murder.

Neighbors said they did not know of any problems the parents were having with Tyler and "the parents especially the mom, were very nice people."
17 year old Tyler, has a 28 yr old brother who recently moved out with his girlfriend.

It is said there was a rumor at the party attended by 60 friends, Tyler killed his parents - and a party goer called in an anonymous tip afterward.

edit on 18-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

you cant have both psychopathologies at the same time.
Get informed before posting

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And its no wonder why everyone is calling las vages the Sin City because of the crimes right?

Yeah right whatever.
Are you saying there's no crime in Vegas? Is this sarcasm?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by newcovenant

Why is it always Florida? I mean really, is it the hot tropical temps down there, or what? Every time I turn on the news it's something horrific from Florida!

I was wondering this myself. Sometimes I think they are "making crazy" down here.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If he was taken off anti-depressants that would explain a lot, but do you have a link for this? Really strange story, I'd like to learn this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
POLICE: Port St. Lucie teen hacked parents to death, threw party

Read more: www.cbs12.com...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- Police say a teen "brutally and mercilessly" hacked his parents to death with a hammer and then threw a house party via Facebook invites while their bodies remained in a locked bedroom. Port St. Lucie police were dispatched to 371 NE Grandeur Ave. at 4:20 a.m. Sunday on a tip that the 17-year-old had murdered his parents and the bodies remained inside the house.
Police arrived and were greeted by a "nervous and panicky" Tyler Hadley, 17, and evidence of a house party. Behind the locked master-bedroom door were the bodies of Blake, 54, and Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, Tyler's parents. The bodies were partially buried under household items with a hammer between the two bodies.
Police say the bodies were only partially hidden under linens, books, picture frames and towels.

What can be said about this gruesome horrible act? A 17 year old boy, a recent high school drop out. His parents worked for the local nuclear power plant. The kid recruited people for his party on facebook and the party goers did not know his parents lay murdered in a locked bedroom. Is this a sign of the times? I wonder if he was on or recently taken off anti-depressants?

I blame it on RADIATION

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Has anyone thought maybe the boy had been abused by his parents? There is a reason he killed them. He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

You're wrong. There are a lot of people who think like that. Scared?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Your eagerness to insert a gun rights statement into something that has nothing to do with it.. Is detrimental to gun rights believers..

Please, keep on topic, right now you just look like a nut job with something to prove.

And too many of those kinds get guns in their hands and decide to use them :/

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
17 is old enough to understand the consequences of such things and be charged to the full extent of the law.

On the other hand, it does strike me rather suspicious that police got a tip about him murdering his parents. Was he bragging about it or something at the party?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheodoreBundy

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Has anyone thought maybe the boy had been abused by his parents? There is a reason he killed them. He didn't just wake up, rubbed his eye and thought "gee, I think I'll kill my parents today".

You're wrong. There are a lot of people who think like that. Scared?

Yes in fact I thought maybe the father abused him. Perhaps this is why the brother moved out?
I think the missing brother, not missing but not interviewed yet, will be able to tell us more about this aspect.

Neighbors said the parents were nice people but made a special effort to say ESPECIALLY THE MOTHER.

I do not want to accidentally smear a good fathers reputation for what may be simply a ...psychopath, an accident of birth and a horrid gruesome son...but when the neighbor made the comment especially the mother this sometimes means the father was not all that nice after all. He was a big man judging from the pictures. A very large man. These two must have been asleep or something. How he kept their murders contained to that room... I don't know.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conciliatore
reply to post by caladonea

you cant have both psychopathologies at the same time.
Get informed before posting

I stand corrected.........at the time I posted I thought I was correct.....get over it....peace out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Originally posted by caladonea

To me...it is one of 3 scenarios........

(1) He is a sociopath and a psychopath....it is his pleasure to harm people...this makes him happy.

You cant be a sociopath and a psychopath ,its one or the other.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

I did not know this...I stand corrected....moving on....peace out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
17 is old enough to understand the consequences of such things and be charged to the full extent of the law.

On the other hand, it does strike me rather suspicious that police got a tip about him murdering his parents. Was he bragging about it or something at the party?

On the news it said about 60 people were at the party and there was a rumor going around he had killed his parents. Afterward, someone who was at the party phoned in an anonymous tip.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I'm sorry. I tried to clear that up. I think it is possible his father worked at the local power plant because he worked for FPL but his mother was a school teacher. I do not know if early reports were wrong or I heard wrong, either way I was wrong about his mother. She was a school teacher for 20 years.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

(1) He is a sociopath and a psychopath....it is his pleasure to harm people...this makes him happy.

You cant be a sociopath and a psychopath ,its one or the other.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

I did not know this...I stand corrected....moving on....peace out.

I don't think this is correct. I think you can be a psycho-sociopath.
www.wisegeek.com...

The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is somewhat blurred, at least according to the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). The DSM-IV lists both definitions together under the heading of Antisocial Personalities because they share some common traits. Many use the terms sociopathy, psychopathy and antisocial personality disorder (APD) interchangeably. Professionals not only dispute whether there is a difference between a sociopath and a psychopath, but among those that believe there is a difference, there is dispute over what those differences are. Even those professionals that identify a difference note that the traits of the psychopath and sociopath are largely similar. Both psychopaths and sociopaths have a complete disregard for the feelings and rights of others. This often surfaces by age 15 and may be accompanied by cruelty to animals. These traits are distinct and repetitive, creating a pattern of misbehavior that goes beyond normal adolescent mischief.

Both the psychopath and sociopath fail to feel remorse or guilt. They appear to lack a conscience and are completely self-serving. They routinely disregard rules, social mores and laws, unmindful of putting themselves or others at risk. Of the more distinguishing traits, some argue the sociopath to be less organized in his or her demeanor, nervous and easily agitated – someone likely living on the fringes of society, without solid or consistent economic support. A sociopath is more likely to spontaneously act out in inappropriate ways without thinking through the consequences.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
edit on 18-7-2011 by neonitus because: ...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

So he has no problem murdering his parents in that way,giving a party invite on FB ,while locking their remains

Yet,when the police arrives he acts nervous ? Right

(2) His parents were abusive.....and he snapped.

(3) He has an untreated mental illness....he was hallucinating...and he snapped.

And...of course he was nervous when the law arrived because he knew he was caught.

Hi ...everyone....it has been pointed out to me twice that a person cannot be a sociopath and a psychopath at the same time.

So....since my edit time as run out ..on reason number one....I now change it to he is EITHER A SOCIOPATH OR A PSYCHOPATH.

I made a mistake I apologize to the ATS community....now please people...lets move on!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That little snippet is not all the information....here's some food for thought.
He has a brother that is 9 years older than him that moved out the house not too long ago.
It is quite possible that there was some sort of family altercation and it may have been the brother or both of them that perpetrated the crime.

A party is a great cover. And since the kid is a minor, he could figure to take less of a fall than his older brother who would definitely have been charged as an adult.

Right now, it's all supposition...until more information comes out.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I agree 100%......there has been an increase in extremely violent crimes in kids and teenagers. Kids today have access to things that most people before the Internet never saw in a whole lifetime. We aren't just talking about violent video games and movies......today, kids can see REAL life gore, thanks to the many websites that do nothing but show photos of murders, suicides, car accident victims, and every kind of gruesome death you can imagine. Top that off with twisted sex sites that offer every kind of sick way to abuse another person you could imagine, and for young impressionable minds....that is a recipe for disaster. Some will say "well the parents should make sure their kids can't view it"....and THAT is complete and utter idiocy. Kids will find a way to see it, no matter diligent the parents are. I think that many kids have seen this kind of thing, and the more taboo, the more they will want to see it. This kid killed his parents with a hammer.....lately there has been a video going around called "Three Guys and a Hammer"....ever heard of it? Well most teenagers have and many have seen it. 3 teenage serial killers in Russia, who would come up to strangers, and literally beat thier brains out with hammers. I know this is hard to hear, but this is the stuff kids are watching. The three teenagers drag a man to the woods and beat him with a hammer and torture him in the sickest way imaginable, while the man is making horrible noises. I could never watch it, but on youtube, there are scores of "reaction" videos which show kids reacting to this live gruesome murder, The 3 teenagers in the video are laughing with glee as they do this, making fun of the dying man. So the point I;m making is this......I'm an adult and I could never watch something like this and have it NOT affect me.....so what do you think it does to kids? I'm sorry I am going on a rant about this, but when kids see these kinds of sick things, it DOES desensitize them, and put's sick things in thier heads....then we wonder how stuff like this happens?? I know there has always been violence but today, kids can access it anytime they want.So sadly, this is the world we live in, and it;s very sad.
edit on 7/18/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join