It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking Coffee=Grounding from Reiki/Meditation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask you if anyone here has experienced and/or practices grounding after meditation by drinking coffee?

My Reiki teacher used to say that there are all kinds of creatures around us, invisible to us but easily detectable once in meditation mode. And she would purposefully ground herself by drinking Espresso, and jugs of it that is.

So just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Coffee was mentioned in this here thread earlier today. However as you'll see, the guy was told that we don't see what we ought to, BECAUSE we drink too much coffee.

Odd one, haven't heard of it myself. Personally I smoke weed and drink a lot of 'real' coffee and that helps to keep me 'grounded' if that's the appropriate term. But I can't see anything I'm not supposed to, maybe I'm looking the other way.

Anyway here's that earlier thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Can't say I have used coffee to ground myself. I usually drink a glass of ice water just before. If coffee grounds someone than more power to them. Coffee would have the opposite effect for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I can't live without Joe. He is my best friend. Interesting topic.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Coffee was mentioned in this here thread earlier today. However as you'll see, the guy was told that we don't see what we ought to, BECAUSE we drink too much coffee.

Odd one, haven't heard of it myself. Personally I smoke weed and drink a lot of 'real' coffee and that helps to keep me 'grounded' if that's the appropriate term. But I can't see anything I'm not supposed to, maybe I'm looking the other way.

Anyway here's that earlier thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yea I remembered this incident with my Reiki teacher when I read that thread too.

When she told me this years ago I actually thought this was a common thing with Reiki meditators and I purposefully avoided meditating too much for fear of seeing things

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Spirituality is subjective and relative. What may work for one may be a hinderance to another. When any individual progresses their understandings in spiritual matters far enough, substances or talisman are no longer needed.

I have never used coffee in an effort to ground myself. For me, this is done through purifying the emotions of my heart, cleansing the unpleasant thoughts of my mind, and eating nutritious foods and/or fasting.

Find that which is right for you, that's the main thing that matters.

edit on 7/15/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Well, to each his own. You can obtain enlightenment by being an angel or a devil. Who is to say which is preferred?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by nusnus

Spirituality is subjective and relative. What may work for one may be a hinderance to another. When any individual progresses their understandings in spiritual matters far enough, substances or talisman are no longer needed.

I have never used coffee in an effort to ground myself. For me, this is done through purifying the emotions of my heart, cleansing the unpleasant thoughts of my mind, and eating nutritious foods and/or fasting.

Find that which is right for you, that's the main thing that matters.

edit on 7/15/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

I dont think we're talking about the same kind of grounding.

The one am referring to is the kind where your brain waves are far too advanced for your own good, and your third eye opens, so you have to bring the brainwaves down to the earth level to adjust your peripheral vision so to speak.

This is akin to praying so much you start seing angels. Get it?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bokaforo

Hmm, cold water you say. Isn't that just used for cleansing and clearing the mind?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

I found your thread very intresting, because that can explain a experience I had for about 15 years ago.

I was in youth club and it was late, and I drank like a bag of coffee with a friend. NEVER had I got so much coffee, it was like a experiment how much we could drink, and how. we almost ate the coffee powder raw.

I became VERY energetic and felt like moving all the time, could not sit still at all. and my my Stomach was hurting bad..

And then comes the strange part, later that night I was sitting in a bed in my friends dorm room. only me and him in that room, and everybody in the youth club was sleeping at that time, is was very quiet. the door to the hallway was not closed, it was dark out there. and suddenly while looking towards the open door out in the darkness, I was stroke with fear.. and asked for my friend to close the door, he was like.. what ?? and the fear became stronger, I had a strange feeling somehing bad would enter that door if it was not closed soon, and I was to affraid to get up and close it, it was only like 2 feet away.. I almost cried for my friend to shut that door.. ( Im not use to get affraid of things, so this was strange for me ) he closed the door in the end. and to this day I cant explain why I had that fear suddenly. but your thread made me think of this memory again.

Sry for bad english, was writen in a hurry by a dane

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Yes, I do understand what you're saying. I would once again state my initial reply to this thread. I experience supernatural, paranormal, entities, meditative and alternate states of being. Nothing used except my own personal truths, understandings, concepts, trial and error.

We are all different. If there were one absolute definitive methodology, we would not find the innumerable religions, philosophies, belief systems, and the vast amount of sects that splinter from those.

We can use guide stones of others, but we must ultimately walk our own paths.

I apologize if you take me as disruptive to your thread. May Peace be upon you, and may you walk your own steps.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

If anything, coffee has been the number one block in my ability to meditate. Now I can't even get there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

No no I love all kinds of input
you're not being disruptive at all!

But I was a bit confused by your initial response so I was trying to understand if were were talking about the same thing. But I get it now.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by nusnus

If anything, coffee has been the number one block in my ability to meditate. Now I can't even get there.

Have you tried stopping coffee intake?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by nusnus

Have you tried stopping coffee intake?

Lol. Yeah I've tried.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi all sharmane here, arcfyre'swify , just to add on the thread about coffee grounding after meditation, i personally cannot see how that can happen, because dark chocolate raise your vibrations, which coffee will also do as it contains alot of cafffiene which is bad for you if you feel like settling down and meditate.Too much coffee can give palpations and make you feel anxious and then i suppose you can feel and experience things which will unsettle you as a person. My advise, two hours before you meditate don't drink coffee, or drink it afterwards, which is what i do in winter times lol and remember to always ask for protection before you meditate if you feel unsettled.
Love and Light

edit on 15-7-2011 by Arcfyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 15-7-2011 by Arcfyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think people are misunderstanding the question.

I'm not saying coffee helps you see things during meditation...Im saying it helps you NOT see things.

As in, if you're meditating and raise your awareness, coffee brings it down.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OP:

The reason why your friend is seeing and hearing stuff is because coffee can cause hallucinations.
E.G. I am calling your friend crazy.

articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
www.neatorama.com...
www.insidershealth.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 15-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

If I am sleepy/tired and I drink a cup of coffee with the intention for it to wake me up, it does just that. At the end of the night I can drink a nice latte with the intention to relax and calm me, and it does just that.

As you progress you may realize that 'intention' is the key. This is what I meant by no substances or talisman are needed.

The religious, the occultist, the magi, the practioncioner, the shaman... they all use different methods to both transcend and to ground.

My friend, we are all different. There is no absolute method for grounding nor an absolute method for raising awareness. There is only what works for you, and what works for me.

I will leave you with that, so as to not repeat myself nor to push my understandings on to you. I hope my words help, if not, discard them.

I used to beg for answers, and the wise always told me to "look within." I've finally realized this. All of YOUR answers are within YOU. Peace and Love my friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join