It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Message in Tropic Thunder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I was watching Tropic Thunder recently and i was shocked when i saw this. I couldn't find the scene on youtube but i did find the script. if anyone finds this clip on youtube please post it and ill link it here. Anyway, here's the script version:

Les Grossman: Speedman is a dying star. A white dwarf headed for a black hole. That's physics. It's inevitable.
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: We've been handed an incredible opportunity here, Peck.
Les Grossman: The universe....is talking to us right now. You just gotta listen.
[turns on Flo Rida's "Low" and begins to dance to the beat]
Les Grossman: See, this is the good part, Pecker. This is when the job gets fun! Ask....and you shall receive!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: [dancing along] Right...
Les Grossman: You play ball....we play ball. I knoowwww.....you want the goodies!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Welcome to the goodie room!
Les Grossman: You paying attention? I'm talking... G5, Pecker! That's how you can roll. No more frequent flyer bitch miles for my boy! Oh yeah! Playa....playa! Big dick playa!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Swinging past ya knees!
Les Grossman: Big dick, baby!
Studio Executive Rob Slolom: Yep.
Les Grossman: [turns off the music] Or... you can grow a conscience in the next five minutes and see where that takes you.

There is a lot of stuff in there but the big ones that stand out are "white dwarf", "dying star" and "black hole."

Also, "The universe is talking to us" and "you can grow a conscience in the next five minutes." These not only seem out of place and deliberate, but seem to have some connection to each other. Some people believe your own universe is based on your own consciousness. Maybe there is a hidden message here is a well?

White dwarf, dying star and black hole are all very odd ways to mention that a celebrity is going down hill.

Is there something to this or am i thinking too deep here?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is one of the funniest scenes of movie history but secret message? Really bro? Nah

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am sure the secret message in Tropic Thunder is "never go full retard".

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

LOL.

but seriously with all the talk of Elenin and brown dwarfs and stuff you dont think this line is trying to say something?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Its just entertainment for people who get off on utter nonsense. When you start seeing secret messages its time to turn it off.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

ROFLMFAO............. That is so full of win it's almost criminal.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
www.putlocker.com...# for movie.

if i can't post things like that then just delete it (and sorry)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

It's called an analogy...I use them all the time.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, Tom Cruise is an Elron devotee.

And Elron believed in evil, according to the 1983 interview in Penthouse mag, from his kid, who grew up with Elron. So, Cruise has not explained or answered Quentin's allegations in that interview, nor will he. Though he does every other useless thing.

So, when I saw this scene (and the giant om symbol over his desk as he makes the speech above) I knew exactly what program was being offered up to the subconscious. It is pure Elron, pure selfishness with a purpose.

Money baby. That's what this world is about. Cruisin' is one of my favorite songs. Isn't it the 4 tops that sang that song, "croooozin!"

Yeah. But when you look into Scieno-toligistics, and how they "audit" people by clapping in their faces and all that flammajamma, it's basically just aggro-hypno NLP to find those who wish to be owned. Most people prefer to give up their power. So his speech here is relevant. But still, Jesus was right when he told Satan to go frack himself. Satan owned the world, and held Jerusalem by a thread and dangled it in front of Jesus. But he did not wuss out, he gave Satan the finger and said "shove your power, up your ass." Truly it takes balls (which are more valuable than dick) to sacrifice his own beloved city and temple. Jesus is essentially like the Kaiser Sose of history.

Anyway, yeah, the scene is powerful, and Hollywood is a craphole, and Tropic Thunder is an epic film. And Jessica Simpsons house has secret blackmail cameras all through it or so I read.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I swear on all that is Holy that I saw this very scene - and only this scene - earlier this afternoon. I had gone into the living room and my son was watching this movie, on FX I think, and it was at just this point in the movie. WEIRD!!!

But secret messages? To whom? A bunch of couch-bound stoners? I mean let's face it, the movie is only funny if you have a serious burn on.

I thought Tom Cruise was hilarious tho.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

LOL.

but seriously with all the talk of Elenin and brown dwarfs and stuff you dont think this line is trying to say something?

why would hollywood put 'secret' messages in films?
this film was made 3/4 years ago?
so they've put a secret message into a film for a supposed 'event' thats gonna happen 5 years away?
c'mon man. i mean really???

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Also, "The universe is talking to us" and "you can grow a conscience in the next five minutes." These not only seem out of place and deliberate, but seem to have some connection to each other. Some people believe your own universe is based on your own consciousness. Maybe there is a hidden message here is a well?

I think you've been drinkin' too much of that Booty Sweat. You do realize there's a big difference between 'conscience', as in "growing a conscience", and 'conscious', as in "Some people believe your own universe is based on your own consciousness"...

With that said, this is nothing more than one of the many great scenes from one of my favorite comedies ever! Robert Downey is the man! And ya... never go full retard

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

LOL.

why would hollywood put 'secret' messages in films?
this film was made 3/4 years ago?
so they've put a secret message into a film for a supposed 'event' thats gonna happen 5 years away?
c'mon man. i mean really???

I'm guessing you've never seen the other 20-50 examples of stuff coming true and being hidden in movies YEARS prior to said event happening.

There are a bunch of posts......

Just because you can't comprehend, does not make it impossible to occur.

not saying the OP is right.....

Just to add fuel though: Speedman : ( Damian HELP ! Damian HElp ! ) And Damian Dies in the beginning..

Devil reference.....

not saying I think it is but I remember that part as being hilarious.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think this is going "Full Retard" as the movie states

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Had pretty much identical experience, same scene and same station. The only thing I remember is thinking movies like that get destroyed when they edit the swearing out, it really isn't the same film anymore.
The only thing more annoying was watching Katt Williams before midnight and every third word was a "BEEP".

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No secret messages but damn, what a funny movie. Funniest movie of 2008 surely (if indeed it came out in 2008, might be getting years mixed up)

Les Grossman insulting Tug's kidnappers is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a movie, as is Robert Downey Jr's unexpected "My farm? HERE'S my motherf'n farm! I'm a LEAD farmer, motherf'er!".

I also crack up when he says "well spit that # out man" before that scene and you can see him smiling and about to laugh.

top topics

join