It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are BS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I agree with the op in that I don't believe aliens have visited earth but I do believe aliens exist elsewhere in the universe, to think otherwise defies common sense.

TheGuyThatThinksClear, as above, I agree with you about not believing aliens visiting earth but can you tell me if you believe aliens exist elsewhere in the universe?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I cannot show you proof of alien life but I can show you possible proof of proof

That's called "possible evidence" isn't it?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Does life need a moon for gravitation effects on...

An ocean, that is necessary for...

The minerals easily absorbed to create life, and are those minerals available?

Is the speed of rotation of a planet key to the "pulse" necessary to create a day/night cycle that sustains life?

And so on and so on.

Its only life as we know it that needs these variables. The Universe is unimaginably large, possible infinitely so and in an infinitely large Universe there are an infinite number of possibilities, outcomes and effect.

Oh and I really do not appreciate you tone, I am civil in my writing I would appreciate the same grace.

ALS

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
*** LAST CHANCE ***

ON TOPIC.

NO NAME CALLING - "troll".

You will be post banned.

link   

I agree with the op in that I don't believe aliens have visited earth but I do believe aliens exist elsewhere in the universe, to think otherwise defies common sense.

TheGuyThatThinksClear, as above, I agree with you about not believing aliens visiting earth but can you tell me if you believe aliens exist elsewhere in the universe?

It is irrelevant if they exist elsewhere in the universe or not. Contact with them is just not possible nor will it ever be possible. We can derive ridiculous equations with countless variables and say "look at the sheer probability", but that is a logical fallacy. Just because there is a probability for something to be true, does not make it true and factual.
edit on 6-7-2011 by MathematicalPhysicist because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nerbot
You people CAN'T handle this can you?

Ha ha ha!

All that "belief" without a shred of proof being shattered in a simple thread that hits nails on heads and you run panicking for your troll guns and rant labels.

You are weak and you know it. You make me laugh.

edit on 6/7/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

take some time. sit down. and try to grasp the size of the universe. than tell me were the only sentient, intelligent beings inside that universe. its not a belief, its a logical conclusion.

as far as ufo's go, I can only speak from my own experience, I believe.

as far as alien visitations go, I have no experience so I cant say, what i can say is all of new age hippie esoteric people pretty much ruined the whole abduction/visitation thing for me.... god they really annoy me...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If you choose to read any condescending "tone" in my reply, it was not intended.

Maybe you just don't like the answer rather than how it was said.

And the "variables" you speak of are just a few. Add an almost infinate amout to the equation and the so called maths becomes almost as infinate.

Why do so many find it hard to believe we may be unique? Just like everything everywhere is.

I still think Aliens are BS and created by humans to soothe the pain of being very alone.....on a ball of dirt.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I too have SEEN a UFO, but I still don't believe Aliens exist.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Just because there is an probability for something to be true, does not make it true and factual

Unless your talking about infinities. In a universal infinite even a dog with a beak for a tail and bread stick for legs can "statically" exist.

ALS

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyThatThinksClearly
What we have here is a willingness to believe in something without proof.

I think this a fair statement.
I would personally use the word "openness" instead of "willingness".

I think life would be boring without contemplation of what "might" be.

peace

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

www.nsa.gov...

Didn't we pick up a E.T signal not long ago? It was on UFO Hunters, I forgot the episode.

NVM found it.

Go to 5:00 E.T Signal. Hm....I love it when people come to conclusions so fast.
edit on 6-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

link   
You have to love the non blelievers, it is very difficult for me to believe that there
are no alien civilisations out there.
My work life is application development,(so what you say), well , i tell you this because i deal in logice every day
of my life. Although i have never seen an alien, or a ufo, i strongly believe in off world civilisations, and can get my head round ufo's possibly visiting Earth.

To say that Aliens == BS is like saying, ther is no centre to the Earth, No one has seen the centre of the Earth, but
many people claim to have seen Aliens.
I think the there is a centre to the Earth , because it's logical.
edit on 6-7-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   
Present me with proof that there is NO other life in the Universe.

Until then what you've said is only an opinion because there is no way of you knowing that there isn't other life out there if you haven't explored all of the planets.

For me life on Earth is enough proof that there can be life on another earth-like planet.

Seriously what is the chance that we are on the only planet that can sustain life? Be a little more optimistic. There must be some intelligent life forms out there

link   

Just because there is an probability for something to be true, does not make it true and factual

Unless your talking about infinities. In a universal infinite even a dog with a beak for a tail and bread stick for legs can "statically" exist.

ALS

But, until it is proven to exist, then we are to dismiss such entities to the realm of science-fiction.

link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist
It is irrelevant if they exist elsewhere in the universe or not. Contact with them is just not possible nor will it ever be possible. We can derive ridiculous equations with countless variables and say "look at the sheer probability", but that is a logical fallacy. Just because there is an probability for something to be true, does not make it true and factual.

Stating that probability of something to be true doesn't make it factual is stating the obvious, not sure why you would feel the need to type that. Also, no one on this planet is qualified to say it is ''not possible'' for us to ever contact other species. How can you say that at no time ever in the future there will be no contact? No one can.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doomy

It is rumoured that there is Intelligent life
on planet Earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I too have SEEN a UFO, but I still don't believe Aliens exist.

cool, you don't have to.

just out of curiosity than, did you come to the conclusion that your ufo was a secret military project?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Ah now were getting to some crunch topics.

Why do so many find it hard to believe we may be unique? Just like everything everywhere is.

Actually I do believe that Humans are unique (to a finate Universe), I just don't believe life is. Whether it be mycobacterial or complex. I bet if you would ask the most hardened of professional scientists they would say the same thing.

ALS

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

The "wow" blip is the only one of it's kind, and to be fair
has never been repeated.

I can't watch the video right now, so is it showiing that there has been a second signal identical to
the historic "wow" signal.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

ALS

But, until it is proven to exist, then we are to dismiss such entities to the realm of science-fiction.

Yes but its mathematically possible, isn't that proof enough. Seems to be when we talk about other "accepted" scientific theories.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join