It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are BS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

William Shakespeare said "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - (Henry VI Act IV, Scene II).
Here are the direct words of a dead man who told no tales before their rhyme.

"I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008 (Egypt us :-) That's a conspiracy FACT.

here for art thou, body art

it looks like something from New Zealand or outer space.

nz.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Oh? I believe they exist, but skeptics will want concrete proof and humans existing probably isn't what they want for proof.
edit on 6-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Tho OP made this claim: "They aren't real"

So he must prove it!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
It's funny because the OP thinks we are the only ones out here in the entire universe. So he doesn't believe any life out there. He must be religious. This is not the forum for you.
edit on 6-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

I would fully agree on that. Basically anyone, with today's knowledge, that says something like that, is most obviously living under a rock, or is deep into the Cult of Religion. If ET didn't exist, you would not be here, OP. Chew on that, then look up the human genome. Notice how much of it is not near human, or any other life on this Earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You should definitely think outside the box.

"Only fools and dead men don't change their minds. Fools won't. Dead men can't." -John H. Patterson

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TayesinWell stated. So we could say then that our understanding is currently limited to what we know, and so the possibility for visiting alien ships or above light speed travel must still exist?

Yes, but, our understanding of physics so far is grounded. We have never observed anything, other than light, to travel faster than the speed of light aside from the universe itself (expansion). If, and that is a big IF, an alien civilization is capable of travel that exceeds the universal speed limit (light speed) and capable of interstellar travel by traversing the cosmos quickly with a low energy requirement (violation of one our most understood laws next to gravity, that is, law of energy conservation and thermodynamics), then we would pretty much be back to square one in terms of understanding the physical world.

Originally posted by TayesinBy using "limited perception" I was not intending insult for your work. Rather I was trying in my own way to point out how vastly different a life of Academia is from say.. the plebian life experience. Each has it's own unique perceptions of Life that the other cannot hope to Know from their own Experience.. and there lay a wall of Limitations to understanding.

I see.

Originally posted by TayesinIt also hints at lacking experience of contact.. obviously... only allows for a limited perception on the reality of contact. Basically, if I have no experience of a thing then I have no place to make value judgements about it.. hence my perception is limited. I hope that came out right.. I need Coffee number 2 for the brain to defreeze properly

In essence, this is a strawman argument. That is tantamount to a debater, for example, debating in favor of legalizing all drugs, "you haven't tried any of these drugs, therefore, you cannot give an objective claim on them and are brainwashed by the media". This does not amount to a refutation, simply because the onus is on those that have personally experienced the UFO phenomena to prove that they are capable of 5x light speed travel and instantaneous acceleration in 90° angles (something which contradicts the physics of propulsion technology as we have come to learn it).

Originally posted by TayesinII'm all for healthy scepticism being used in a balanced way. I'm also all for people saying things like, "While my opinion based on my scientific understandings is this, I cannot say for sure if contact or alien visitations is occuring or not." To me this type of statement is far more truthfull than anyone saying, "They are not real because science hasn't shown them to be real."

I'd be willing to accept it and do remain objectively skeptical at this time. However, in all of the many UFO sightings, alien sightings, alien abductions, etc. and not just ONE strand of DNA has been found that can be tested and confirmed that it is indeed from another solar system, it is very difficult to remain objectively skeptical especially when compounded with the claims that contradict our most prominently established laws of physics.

Originally posted by TayesinI perfectly understand how on the internet we have to have a fair degree of balanced scepticism so as to not blindly trust what everyone says. This being a drawback we don't get when having face to face conversation so that each can observe and feel out the other to see if they are speaking truthfully.

I'll always remain objectively skeptical until it can be proven beyond any reasonable doubt by scientific experiments that we are being visited by beings of interstellar origins. It does not matter if this is someone I've known to never lie and be the most trustworthy, I'll still disregard it. The reason is simple: This may be the most significant discovery in the history of man, and can produce profound impacts on our societies and life here on Earth. Every aspect of our lives can literally change overnight whether it be politics, science, sociology, etc.

Originally posted by TayesinI can't blame anyone for their automatic reactions to blurry You Tube videos. But I have to wonder why Eyewitness Testimony is good enough for the highest courts in the land, but never good enough for anything else we can debate about in the human experience.

Well, simply because you cannot really have scientists conduct experiments to prove whether a witness or defendant is truthful or not . Well, polygraph tests can work, but they are not absolute and can be bypassed at times. Also, the significance of a court-trial in comparison to the possible greatest discover of man and that could possibly change every aspect of human society is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Do you not think so?

Originally posted by TayesinHaving experienced the Laws of Physics not doing as we Believe they should, I am not one to say they are unbendable or our understandings of it is not in need of refining over time as new information comes to light.

I will have to offer the tale of one of those experience here now....

Riding a motorcycle at high speed, a car drives out of a carpark.. crosses all the traffic lanes to stop 5 yards or so in front of my machine in order to u-turn. Now, at 90+ mp/h the motorcycle should have continued on into the vehicle, possibly embedding into the cabin and definately killing the rider.. that's me. But what happened instead, and what freaked out the other guys I was riding with at the time is.. the perception of Time slowed and my motorcycle almost reached the rear of the stationary car before it suddenly turned left, then right and continued on past the car at only 20mp/h.. chugging along in top gear still while I forced my heart back to where it belonged.

There is no way the mass of a late 70's large capacity motorcycle could allow for those movements.. it doesn't matter what direction my spinning front wheel was in at that speed and at such a short distance to impact.. it's gyroscopic motion would require more space/time to display enough variation/input to move the motorcycle the way the motorcycle moved in real life for that one moment.

At this point in time.. many years after that close call I still do not have any better understanding of how it happened or why it happened. I only know that it did happen with witnesses who could not believe their own eyes at the time.

Thanks for reading.

This was a very interesting read, but, there are many variables that could have caused such a relatively quick deacceleration that you are not aware of and do not contradict the laws of physics (friction comes to mind). Also, I have noticed many times that people (not necessarily you), tend to exaggerate the speeds they or others they have seen were traveling at, when it has been shown later that those speeds were greatly exaggerated and at times a fraction of what they originally claimed.

But, one thing I do not understand: If you were riding in a motorcycle, what is your allusion to "the other guys"? Isn't the maximum only two (including you), which would mean only one other person can ride with you? Unless, of course, you had one of those contraptions attached to your motorcycle that can carry more than one passenger? If so, that changes everything.

Nonetheless, this was an interesting read.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thats the funniest post ive seen for a long long time
well said and well done for expressing your views on the subject.

Just off on the wrestling forum to tell them its all fake. Lets see how I get on.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyThatThinksClearly

We are all alien to each other.

Thus aliens are real.

Don't need to look up in the sky, just look in the mirror, there is all the proof you will ever need.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by animalswtf
Here! ---> imgsrc.hubblesite.org...

That is absolute logical proof that aliens exist. Can you even comprehend the vastness of that photograph?

This is greatly a misnomer. There is no "absolute logical" proof, not even many observable scientific facts can be considered "absolutely logical" and are subject to change and under constant scrutiny.

Originally posted by animalswtf- 1,000+ galaxies
- Hundreds of thousands of quadrillions of stars and solar systems.

This is a scientific statement, but it does not imply scientific fact that these galaxies are swarming with intelligent life and civilizations. Classic example of the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Originally posted by animalswtfOP, you are the one that's not thinking clearly. So go on, eat your sodium nitrite, your msg, aspartame, get your vaccines and continue to believe everything the media tells you. Eat your dogma like a good citizen, don't even dare to think outside the box (sarcasm)

This was clearly uncalled for. If the OP were to respond by calling you a, "tin-foil hat donning lunatic" would you not report him? All of those things are irrelevant to the discussion, but decided to bring it up anyway to personally attack the OP and imply that he is a zombie while you must be enlightened.

People usually resort to red-herrings when they cannot debate rationally.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyThatThinksClearly
They aren't real. There is absolutely No proof except fuzzy lights.
No Spaceship
No Alien

People are getting conclusions from
History Channel specials
Ancient Aliens
and UFO Hunters
And Bias UFO Book from Money happy authors.

The History channel is just capitalizing on gullible people/ children....

Noone believes this stuff except Gullible and (Maybe Uneducated)adults, extreme gullible children who have grown up playing world of warcraft, or other video games, watching cartoons, or some scifi TV show and are living in a fantasy land..

Not every lil light in the sky, ancient graffiti, or ancient graffiti statue are the Pleadians..

People will continue to make hoaxes on youtube because they know gullible people/children who want to believe everything will take that seriously..

Not every light in the sky is the reptiles..
THATS HOW YOU GET THE "LULZ"

People repeat the Universe is "infinite" so out of those Billion/trillions of stars and planets why the hell would aliens pick earth???

Oh no I don't believe in aliens..!!!!!
Does that make me a Troll, probably so according to some of the kids on this site.

Wow...just wow. First of all this topic of debating whether or not aliens exist has been going on since at least the 60's and im sorry but if you don't believe in aliens by the year 2011 then your either stupid or just plain ignorant. There's so much evidence out there, its hard to find a place to start. there's some solid videos and pictures out there and not to mention some extremely credible documents that you can read regarding declassified UFO files from the CIA and FBI.

You know why people are always bringing up religion on this thread?...because religion is probably one of the biggest forms of evidence. its funny how some people could laugh at the existence of aliens but could believe in a supernatural being that created life in the universe. I always ask myself this: "If God really did exist, do you think he would allow people to murder others?...do you think he would allow for kids in foreign countries to starve to death?" no!...i didn't think so. so when i think about how the pyramids were built or who the people worshiped, the only thing that comes to mind is an alien being pretending to be a god.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrenchI would fully agree on that. Basically anyone, with today's knowledge, that says something like that, is most obviously living under a rock, or is deep into the Cult of Religion. If ET didn't exist, you would not be here, OP. Chew on that, then look up the human genome. Notice how much of it is not near human, or any other life on this Earth.

Indeed. The vast majority of scientists in the world and the scientific community are living under a rock.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyThatThinksClearly

I would usually agree with you that there are no aliens, but I believe there are no aliens flying around in disc looking ships...I mean comon now if they are aliens why do their ships look so gay? but anyways there are thousands of planets out there that are possible for life so why couldnt there be aliens and all you people believe aliens look like these weird creatures with big heads and big eyes all because someone said they seen one, what you all dont realize is that an alien coudl look exactly like you a HUMAN

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Just because there is an probability for something to be true, does not make it true and factual

Unless your talking about infinities. In a universal infinite even a dog with a beak for a tail and bread stick for legs can "statically" exist.

ALS

But, until it is proven to exist, then we are to dismiss such entities to the realm of science-fiction.

Yes but its mathematically possible, isn't that proof enough. Seems to be when we talk about other "accepted" scientific theories.

ALS

Wormholes are also mathematically possible. Tachyons (imaginary particles that travel faster than light speed) are mathematically possible. Negative discriminants also have mathematical albeit imaginary solutions and are mathematically possible. However, in the real world, these phenomena do not exist and are only realities in the realm of abstract and pure mathematics.

Is the "real world" something you know everything about? All the nooks and crannies and things in between? You must have some superior knowledge.

I am amazed at how many scientists believe that if you can't see it it isn't true. It sounds like a childish game of peek-a-boo to me.

" There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I believe poets have more vision than some scientists.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Here's what I'm doing about it: I'm closing this thread used expressly for trolling.

Skepticism is fine and quite welcome, but using these forums as a platform for wholesale ridicule of other members is not, and leads firmly away from continued participation, so let's not go there.

Thread closed.
:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join