It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are BS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyThatThinksClearly

Read the equation, I think you'll find its perfectly right for the parameters its bound to.

ALS

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyThatThinksClearly

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
The Drake Equation.

The math says it all.

ALS

show me a alien civilization...oh right no one cant..

seems so far the math is wrong.

I may not be able to show you an alien civilization, but I can teach you proper spelling and grammar if you wish.

seems to me you have ADD as you cannot stay on topic..work on that first honey.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Scientists KNOW black holes exist. show me one. take me to a black hole and prove to me it exists.

link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
It's funny because the OP thinks we are the only ones out here in the entire universe. So he doesn't believe any life out there. He must be religious. This is not the forum for you.
edit on 6-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

We have observed the closest star systems to us by 20 light year and have yet to find no alien civilizations. Anything beyond that is irrelevant, as even traveling at the speed of light, which is impossible, will take at least 20 years and round trips will take at the very least 40 years.

No. The official answer is that we haven't found any alien civilization. The real answer is that we have. See what I did there? And No again... I'm pretty sure that these E.T's who fly these UFO's can fly 5 times more than the speed of light considering the fact they no longer follow the rules of physic, and UFOs making 90 degree turns in such high speeds...

link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

They aren't real..............

People repeat the Universe is "infinite" so out of those Billion/trillions of stars and planets why the hell would aliens pick earth???

Oh no I don't believe in aliens..!!!!!

I wouldn't call you a troll, but you are all over the place with your OP.

So, do you believe "Aliens are not real". There is no Alien life anywhere??
Or, do you mean "No inteligent alien life has visited Earth"??

You see that these are two hugely different claims. Which is it?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
One of these posters who have replied to this topic claims he has talked to a alien...

Guess which one...

should I take him seriously? nah I wont....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The Drake Equation.

The math says it all.

ALS

I may not be able to show you an alien civilization, but I can teach you proper spelling and grammar if you wish.

Scientists KNOW black holes exist. show me one. take me to a black hole and prove to me it exists.

WOW. Are you comparing scientifically established phenomena by both countless experimentation and mathematical proofs such as black holes to silly UFO sightings and delusional alien visitation? That is a very ridiculous stance. Indeed, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but until we have concrete evidence that aliens are indeed visiting this planet, then we can logically come to such conclusions.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Got any proof they dont exist????

In science, when you make a claim, the onus or "burden of proof" is on you to substantiate the claim via evidence or experimentation/mathematical proofs.

Since we can't disprove unicorns, do you therefore believe that unicorns are real?

What are u rambling on about??

You obviously didn't read my post...

Also let me say I think anything is possible. If u have ever read my posts you would see that.

Another thing science is man made which means it can be proven wrong and it has. I dont need science or any math equation to tell me life exists outside if our own.

As for unicorns they could be real. I tend to believe "mythical" creatures have some truth in them.

edit on 7/6/2011 by mblahnikluver because: Damn auto correct on iPhone

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The Drake Equation.

The math says it all.

That's not maths, that's ill thought fantasy, and although I hate to say it, with no credit to the fine Dr Sagan.

Figure all the other things possible into the equation and have another stab.

Quoting an old statement is too old hat in this day and age and for every added possibility to that equation the possibility diminishes for "life" (ha ha) out there.

Does life need a moon for gravitation effects on...

An ocean, that is necessary for...

The minerals easily absorbed to create life, and are those minerals available?

Is the speed of rotation of a planet key to the "pulse" necessary to create a day/night cycle that sustains life?

And so on and so on.

For pity's sake, if we can't just concentrate on WHAT'S IMPORTANT in the here and now, never mind the "what ifs" then the question of "is there life out there" may become mute to us and obsolete to others if it WAS true.

Shut up, enjoy the ride and sort your own back yards out first.

Ball of dirt hurtling through a void with no purpose. What's so hard to understand?

Heck, people still believe bigfoot is real and he's meant to be in our own back yard....ha!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Does that make me a Troll, probably so according to some of the kids on this site.

So you are admitting to your troll like ways. Very big of you.

yeah some children think cause you have different opinions you are a troll...
awesome logic....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Which one? Me? Not yet, I am still waiting for abduction
, but that is only for confirmation that they indeed are visitng earth, it does not mean that they do not exist. They surely do, just they may not be here, yet, if ever.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Read the equation, I think you'll find its perfectly right for the parameters its bound to.

ALS

That is such an ignorant statement. Just like the Drake equation being an ignorant equation, but because it's famous is MUST be good eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The Drake Equation.

The math says it all.

ALS

WOW. Are you comparing scientifically established phenomena by both countless experimentation and mathematical proofs such as black holes to silly UFO sightings and delusional alien visitation? That is a very ridiculous stance. Indeed, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but until we have concrete evidence that aliens are indeed visiting this planet, then we can logically come to such conclusions.

no, the op suggested that aliens don't exist. I was suggesting that just because we have not seen them doesn't mean they aren't out there.

I didn't say anything about ufos or alien visitations. it was a generalized statement about life outside our planet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join